Home

Old 28-05-2007, 11:30   #11
Shabbaman
Administrator

Hahaha
Old 04-06-2007, 20:22   #12
Shabbaman
Administrator

2000 b.c. Kemal filled in the previous three or four turns, and in his wisdom he decided to build the oracle It sounds better than it probably is, because I had a pretty erratic tech path so far (who starts with fishing anyway?), the tech I ended up with is theology. Better than nothing, and because I have marble I could easily build the Sistine chapel now. Building the oracle only took me 8 turns or so, and it's a great boost in any case. And I'm sure some people are pretty disappointed by now.

For the following few turns I'm going to produce some archers, I bet someone is gunning for me now. And archers with CG and first strike should be... okay.

Kemal, thanks for filling in again!
Old 04-06-2007, 20:44   #13
Kemal

Well, I was in doubt whether to choose CoL or Theology... but in the end because I think theocracy can be extremely useful in combination with the spiritual trait, I chose Theology solely based on that.

In combination with BW I thought it would be a pretty good deterrent to be able to pop rush units with free promos added to the free promos your trait gives you. Also, the free missionary could be used to spread religion on a neighbour and get some good espionage (though I suppose that would also have counted for Confucianism).
One thing I do like to note, it wasn't the sistine chapel that made me go for theology, as I think that wonder is useless.

Oh, and one more thing, It could also perhaps be useful to switch to christianity for a few turns to get a free (much needed) border pop in damascus, as that is the new holy city...

As for filling in, anytime - if I have the time. But be prepared for my wacky (tech) choices then every now and then...
Old 04-06-2007, 21:27   #14
Shabbaman
Administrator

The chapel is pretty useless, unless you go for some cultural victory thing. Switching to christianity, that's t3ch I'm currently in organized religion though, I don't know for sure if I can already switch.
Old 17-06-2007, 23:22   #15
Shabbaman
Administrator

1400 b.c. I got iron hooked up (finally). I'm wondering if I want a 5th city. I can get monarchy in 9, ivory and gold coming online soon.
Old 18-06-2007, 10:48   #16
digger760
King

how about a picture.
digger760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2007, 11:33   #17
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by digger760

how about a picture.
I'd love to, but I'm getting error messages while uploading.

EDIT: look!

142.77KB
Old 25-07-2007, 23:30   #18
Shabbaman
Administrator

400 b.c. So I found out killercane was moving a stack (2 cats, an elephant, a spear and 2 chariots, something like that) towards Medina. He's 3 turns away now, I'm sending some troops to Africa. Currently, I have the second highest number of troops (second to BCLG or Akots is my guess), and highest ranked in power.
Old 31-07-2007, 19:12   #19
Shabbaman
Administrator

225 b.c. I've tactically retreated my units out of my newly settled South Egyptian city, to defend my northern city. I've wiped out most of India's invading units, while Mali is yet to attack. I don't know what he's waiting for, but I have longbowmen in 2 turns. My guess is that he's screwing with Mauer, who he persuaded to attack simultaneously.

In other news, I've made a very secret pact with Akots. At this point it's defensive in nature, but at least I'm sure (well, what's "sure") that he won't attack me. That leaves BCLG to worry about...

Lightbulbed paper this turn btw.

Here you see my units in Medina. Plus some malinese units, with 5 catapults in a stack.
Old 08-08-2007, 20:35   #20
Shabbaman
Administrator

50 b.c. After waiting for Casey to log in again, I completely annihilated his stack. Thumbs up for me. Akots was so nice to donate 3 catapults, but I didn't even need them. I'm going to use them to take Mali's cities though.
I'm waiting for Mauer to declare war again: let's hope he's smart enough to actually put a spearman in his stack. I'm confident I can beat him off: I have catapults ready, plus I have longbowmen now.

I'm really annoyed that I can't post screenshots btw. Anyone know a solution?