Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Site Stuff > Off Topic
Home

Old 09-06-2006, 19:59   #41
Whomp
King

I lost my trades when I deleted the OP yesterday.
I think it's because Germany has more to lose than Costa Rica.

One more thing...it seems better to announce your trades before I post the new day's action at midnight GMT.

This way you're not taking advantage of prices during game times. If you have a trade you would like to make before tomorrow's games so please post them before midnight GMT.
Old 09-06-2006, 20:06   #42
Socrates
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Whomp

One more thing...it seems better to announce your trades before I post the new day's action at midnight GMT.

This way you're not taking advantage of prices during game times. If you have a trade you would like to make before tomorrow's games so please post them before midnight GMT.
Don't know if this is what you meant, but IMHO we should post our trades of the day between midnight GMT and the first match of the day. And stop trading between the beginning of the first match of the day and midnight GMT. For example, Germany will supposedly rise tonight (at midnight GMT for us) because of their win, but we should try to foresee that before they play (too late now).

Is this it, Whompy ?
Old 09-06-2006, 20:13   #43
Whomp
King

That's it exactly Krys. You should place trades today and tonight before midnight GMT in anticipation of tomorrow's outcome...then you can sell them tomorrow at a hefty profit (hopefully).

I will let yours go since it was done before gametime but that is it. I've bolded this out on the OP.
Old 09-06-2006, 21:29   #44
Tubby Rower

Say I'm thinking about buying Ecuador... .will I purchase them at tomorrow's prices or todays?
Old 09-06-2006, 21:40   #45
Whomp
King

If you buy Ecuador before midnight GMT tonight you will get midnight GMT prices. If you buy them after midnight GMT...you'll get tomorrow's midnight GMT prices.
Old 09-06-2006, 21:49   #46
Tubby Rower

So I can't buy Ecuador at the price that you currently have listed? (I think that I know the answer but I'm just asking for clarification)
Old 09-06-2006, 22:06   #47
Whomp
King

No. At the close of business midnight GMT.

Dood...you got no funds! You're going to margin yourself to death!

Did you not see the family atmosphere at the Dutch open practice? The Dutch players and staff liked their "Open House" training session so much, they decided to do it again.
They're all loosey goosey.[]

In fact...read this....

One fan dressed as an orange panda made it onto the pitch and briefly mixed with the players.

How can they lose if they have panda boy attending practice sessions?
Old 10-06-2006, 00:26   #48
Socrates
Emperor

Errr... Whomp, once again I'm lost. You say "exactly", but seem to imply the opposite to what I imply.

It is obvious to me that, if we decide to buy or sell stuff, we do it at the price we see at that precise moment, not ? Otherwise we play a blind game, and that's not really funny, and that's not the way they do at the market.

Given this, it is also quite obvious to me that we should do this trading BEFORE the match happens ; since there can be several matches in a single day, and since many teams don't play on a given day, the generalization of this is that we should do the trading AFTER midnight GMT, and before the beginning of the first match of the day (so right now, since it is around 00:30 in France, and since it seems you simplified GMT to the time in France/Germany/Netherlands (same as CDZ these days), right now should be the beginning of the timespan open for business).

For example, today (June 9), I sold some England and bought some Germany before Germany opened the WC. I think it's OK to do since I'm betting on their win. I shouldn't be allowed to bet on them after they win (between 8pm and midnight here), with the price that preceded their game !! And since I don't think we should blindly buy or sell...

Tell me if that makes sense.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:06   #49
Whomp
King

I had a few drinks tonight so I couldn't get around to this till now and will update accounts tomorrow.

Krys I don't mean to confuse. I would suggest that as long as you purchase or sell before a game starts that it would be fine. I was trying to simplify it by suggesting it be done a day in advance (midnight GMT). I am open to what you all wish. OK gotta go. More beer.

Code:
Bid Offer 
Trade WC.BRAZIL.INDEX  
51.0 51.5  
Trade WC.ENGLAND.INDEX  
34.7 37.3
Trade WC.GERMANY.INDEX  
34.2 36.8 
Trade WC.FRANCE.INDEX  
31.6 32.0 
Trade WC.ARGENTINA.INDEX  
31.8 32.0