Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > grahamiam's forum
Home

Old 27-02-2006, 22:01   #21
barbu1977
Emperor

Sometimes the Map Maker will put the AI that are close to the first player rigth after him in the turn order so the game is more "natural" at first.
Old 27-02-2006, 22:22   #22
Whomp
King

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by WackenOpenAir
Does anyone know a method of pushing a nearby AI into building the pyramids? I am guessing this is gonna be a kind of game breaker
I don't know how you can force the AI into making the pyramids other than gifting them the tech, starting a war and having them kick off their GA. Do you guys know who the AI are? Any adjustments to SoZ?
Old 27-02-2006, 22:45   #23
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Wellcome to CDZ, Wacken!
Old 28-02-2006, 01:28   #24
WackenOpenAir

SoZ is made small wonder.

Ok, i included a picture from the start.
I started on top of that forest. Not a good good place to make optimal use of the river. I moved the worker north up the river to search cow, found the wines and decided to move the settler eastward. Some may think NE would be better, but this spot is better for making optimal use of the river and the city will not receive a granary anyway, so i can do without those extra BG and use those for my second city. After settling, i find another 3 BG there, so that looks pretty fine after all anyway.
One city will be placed at the end of the river, probably SW of the forest, maybe SW of the mountain if that tile touches water. Up north I will see, if the river goes straight to sea there, i will find the best way to put 2 more cities on the river there.

With this screenshot i am now off to make an excel sheet and decide how many warriors i will build before the first settler. Research is set to alphabet as i want to beat Gozpel to Philosophy.

The river goes further south than i expected, i will have to scout if it is does not start in one of those mountains and maybe provides more river grassland there. (Or is it actually 2 rivers both strating from that same mountain)

38.67*KB

My opponents are:
Japan
Vikings - Alphabet+Warrior Code
French - Alphabet+Masonry
Mongols
Indians - Alphabet+Ceremonial
Chinese

All have early MA UU's, so that will be a bloody field probably. Lets hope the blood sheds on Gozpel's side.

With all these alphabet guys, i am tempted not to research it myself and i put my research at zero. I will trade alphabet faster than i can research it. It looks interesting to research another tech, but i am not sure yet. Zero research might also be a good choise since they are gonna research Bronze Working themselves and they will be doing it faster than I.
I feel that i must take this gamble. If it works out and i can trade Alpha, i might have a money surplus while researching Writing and have very good chances of winning to philosophy. If i fail to trade it, at least i can recognise the failure in advance and find the best way to go without a free tech. If i research to Philo and Goz is 1 turn faster, i might be on a big loss if sacrificed other opportunities in favor of trying to beat Goz to Philo.

is there any way to predict whom of them are near me, maybe by the order of listing in the F10 screen ?
WackenOpenAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2006, 02:47   #25
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by grahamiam
... I suggest you and goz agree on a ruleset, as best you can. ...
IMHO, in these kind of games, the most important rule is the number of military alliances with AI against the other player allowed simultaneously. Like one or two or none at all.
Old 28-02-2006, 02:52   #26
WackenOpenAir

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by akots

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by grahamiam
... I suggest you and goz agree on a ruleset, as best you can. ...
IMHO, in these kind of games, the most important rule is the number of military alliances with AI against the other player allowed simultaneously. Like one or two or none at all.
Is also taken care of, only 1 Alliance.
And we decided not to do the scrolling thing.
Old 28-02-2006, 03:50   #27
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
... the city will not receive a granary anyway ...
There might be no cows/wheat around.

Do you and Gozpel allow free Palace jump?
Old 28-02-2006, 07:36   #28
WackenOpenAir

Quote:

Quote:
... the city will not receive a granary anyway ...
There might be no cows/wheat around.
Yeah, it's just a wine, with 4 fpt the benefit will not be complete (2 overflow) and new cities value is 3fpt already so a settler is more food efficient. Sure a granary will be build someday later.

Quote:

Do you and Gozpel allow free Palace jump?
No, no palace jumping, no chip chaining, no ROP raping.

Excel tells me a second warrior is gonna cost me 2 turns on my first settler. So i will build only 1 and then a settler. The one warrior will move straight across the map to the oposite corner. I must find as many AI as possible asap in order to trade alphabet. I also prefer to find Gozpel asap of course, but i realise that my path will quite possibly be blocked by AI before i reach him. I will thus try to build a boat for scouting somewhat early.

Gman, i assume AI agressiveness is standard ?
Old 28-02-2006, 14:32   #29
Tubby Rower

What about the second settler? How much longer will it take to get the 2nd settler with the ealrier 1st settler? or is that not a concern?
Old 28-02-2006, 15:20   #30
grahamiam
Emperor

AI aggressiveness is standard, please let gozpel know that too
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote