Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Succession Games and Team Games > SP challenges forum
Home

Old 05-11-2004, 00:38   #1
Socrates
Emperor

Default Crazy Conquests...

A little thread, just to say that I'm playing the C3C conquests. I'm currently finding out they behave very strangely, and they seem to have been rushed out of the door, because they lack stuff that was added to C3C. An example is better than anything else : you need 10 turns to chop a forest, at least in the 1st two conquests, like in PTW. Damn it. Also annoying to find out that roads have 4 movement points instead of 3 in Rise of Rome, without any mention anywhere. Ah, an exception : an army leader with no units with him still moves 3 tiles.

Now I'm encountering an odd stuff : my city next to Etna Volcano in Sicily gives me more shields when I harvest a bonus grassland than when I harvest the volcano !! Does it have to do with my Golden Age ? Aren't the workers on the volcano affected by the Golden Age ? The Roman Empire has its mystery... I can provide saves if you want.

OK, off to play Rise of Rome, and maybe find more odd stuff.
Old 05-11-2004, 00:53   #2
Hygro
Chieftain

In some conquests the forests chop things take just as long because they didn't find it appropriate for the world to be de-treed in the BC era. The raods allow 4 movement in RoR because otherwise it would take forever to travel.
Hygro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 03:08   #3
grahamiam
Emperor

you should check out the RBCiv Conquest discussing thread in the CFC SG forum. a lot of comments for specific conquests are made there that may help you. they also played all the conquests up to Napoleonic Europe. i was in Age of Discovery (cultural goal, French) and Napoleonic (domination goal, Russia) and found both of them quite enjoyable

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=68410 <- the link
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 05:06   #4
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Yep, man. Instead of wondering, go read these great SGs. It is all in there. Most can be won on Sid btw. These things are not bugs, these are "features"!
Old 05-11-2004, 05:08   #5
grahamiam
Emperor

haha, i can attest to that. forgot to add that romeo hosted a sid WW2 Pacific SG outside of the RBC series and we won as the chinese pretty easily.
Old 05-11-2004, 12:25   #6
Socrates
Emperor

Yeah yeah, I know that RBCiv played all the conquests in SGs, I even decided not to play there because I wanted to play them solo first. So, if I read that all, I'm just spoiling myself. The thing is : I want to be told that roads move 4 tiles before discovering it myself, but I don't want to be told to send a scout to the north to find the Goths or the Scyths. Is that understandable ? And BTW, I still don't have a clue about that volcano mystery. I think I'm gonna restart RoR because I realize after 10 turns that I am too passive.
Old 05-11-2004, 15:11   #7
grahamiam
Emperor

the thread i pointed out is just the discussion thread, and it includes tips but not many spoilers. you might want to PM romeothemonk as he seems to have played all the conquests extensively and could probably tell you all the differences that effect gameplay without spoiling you I have not played RoR in the 1.22f patch (and only 1 or 2 times in the 1.12b patch) so i'm really no help. sorry.
Old 05-11-2004, 15:18   #8
Pastorius
Custard used tile

Yeah Krys, you're such a spoiled brat

Please forward his (romeo's) findings to me when you do, or I could do it myself.....

yeah, I am lazy....