Kingreno

Default Pound * * * SPOILAH * * *

NOT FOR:

Matrix

Grahamiam

Haruka

Strictly Rockers

Grs

This is a six-player game on a random map made by the computer. I am player 6 and I have chosen the Aztecs. As we had to agree on our start first I decided not to whine to much as player 6 (the other 5 had given their "go"). several players had mentioned cows ect and this is the gem I get:

55.19KB

This. start. sucks.

As can be seen I lucked out and could build a setler without disease!! Very vital as that would have ruined my day. I went for 2 jags-setler and my techpath was the wheel, talk about naughty.

several turns later it was one of those do-goodies-have-good-start chaps to be surprised:

13.32KB

The Dutch! Oh yes baby, Haruka...now what if he built curragh-curragh-setler?
Old 01-04-2005, 00:40   #2
Pastorius
Custard used tile

Since Tomoyo is a gotm man, I think the gods favor you, and he is undefended. Well, that would be cool, since I havent seen such action since WF's OCC against col
Old 01-04-2005, 03:14   #3
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Kill them all before they even realize they are dead?
Old 01-04-2005, 12:05   #4
Kingreno

As I open the save Haruka offers me Bronze working Unaccepted. This is an insult to my hording legions!

Rotterdam is empty and Amsterdam too! I can reach Rotterdam. Amsterdam is founded on a hill. I expect a whipped spear in there next turn. First, Rotterdam. Muhahahaha.

18.12KB

That's what you get when you have a cow nearby: Jealous Aztecs.

37.15KB

18.34KB

2 more jags are comming from the south. I might even try to prevent a GA by stlking his units while sneaking in some horses, if I have them, or archers. BUt since Amsterdam is on a hill I may wait for swords. Oh well, we'll see. Good thing I found him soon though since this tiny Dutch nation looked like a powerhouse to be.
Old 01-04-2005, 16:34   #5
Pastorius
Custard used tile

Let me be the first to say: OUCH. That would have been a serious blow to any AI. I guess Haruka is more or less screwed for a while.

Well done with oppurtunism and all that
Old 01-04-2005, 17:17   #6
Darkness

Nice!

Though Haruka may think otherwise....
Old 01-04-2005, 17:34   #7
Socrates
Emperor

Excellent move for Haruka to learn what "PBEM" means.

Kingreno, why didn't you capture Amsterdam first ? On the pic where you take Rotterdam, it seems A'dam is still undefended. Taking A'dam over R'dam takes away more population, blows up his capital placement, and maybe will it be more difficult for him to whip a unit in R'dam next ? Can you enlighten me ?

Paali, check (but don't be forced to spam ) my game named "heihojin's game #9" ; I rushed WildFire with warriors in that game, and only had 2 cities. The game stopped soon afterwards.
Old 01-04-2005, 17:36   #8
Pastorius
Custard used tile

He didnt do it because he had insufficient moves. Notice the post when he is immediately outside of Haruka's borders. Then see his latest screens from the turn immediately after that. He could not have reached A'dam. Rotterdam is #2 on the list, so it was a good 2nd best solution IMO

@krys: I ve already commented on that game I see. Still good thing to rush your neighbour. Too bad about the game...etc etc.
Old 01-04-2005, 17:39   #9
Kingreno

Quote:
quote:Can you enlighten me ?
Yes. I hope.

From here:

13.31KB

This is end of turn 22.

I have no clue where his cap is or his second city (I knew there were 2 from f11). As can be seen in later pics I went west to see both cities, BUT with only 1 move left. I could not reach Amsterdam! If I could I'd taken it but I decided to go safe and take Rotterdam (great stuff as I snatched 23 gold). I will move on the hill next to amsterdam next turn, curious what will be there.
In hindsight going to the mountain first would have been worse as both his cities could have build a unit. That way I'd be in the worse situation as his lands are very very good, a load better then mine.
Old 01-04-2005, 17:43   #10
Socrates
Emperor

Ah yes, I should have seen that yellowish colour on top of the health bar (only 1 movement left). That makes sense completely.

On my game, I like to compare it with what happened in Mesopotamia in the Ancient Age : my Chinese would be Indo-European tribes living in poor hilly areas, whereas WF's Egyptians would be Semite empires on Rivers Tigrus and Euphrates. KR's not-so-good starting position + jags called for some quick action, all the more against rich Dutch. Well done !