Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > SilentConfusion's Confusing Spam
Home

Old 11-04-2010, 11:42   #1
SilentConfusion
Chieftain

Default Learning Pitboss

This pitboss game is meant to be a learning experience for all involved. Since that is the case the usual warning for in game players to stay away doesn't apply here. Anyone can look at this thread and post questions or advice.

Here are the players/teams.
Team 1 -Majic- Suryavarman II of Ethiopia(Random)
Team 2 - TheMeInTeam- Washington of America
Team 3 - Calis - Cyrus of Persia
Team 4 - nabaxo - Vicky of Mali
Team 5 - RasmCiv - Hammurabi of Zulu
Team 6 - fireflames - Gandhi of Russia(Random)
Team 7 - harvman - Julius Caesar of Viking(Random)
Team 8 - IlBrago - Kublai Khan or Babylon(Random)
Team 9 - link16 - Saladin of Holy Rome
Team 10 - SilentConfusion - Mehmed II of India

Game Settings:
Difficulty: Monarch
Map Script: Archipelago
Map Size: Standard
Climate: Arid
Sea Level: Medium
Starting Era: Ancient
Game Speed: Normal
Options:
-Agg AI
-Unrestricted Leaders
-Random Personalities
-No Technology Brokering
-New Random Seed
-No Vassal States
-No Random Events
-Simultaneous Turns
-Take Over AI
-Turn Timer
Old 11-04-2010, 12:06   #2
SilentConfusion
Chieftain

My Leader/Civ:

Mehmed II is EXP and ORG giving him cheaper workers, +2 health, double-speed granaries, cheaper civics, double-speed lighthouses, courthouses, and factories. India starts with Mysticism and Mining and has the Fast Worker and the Mausoleum. The idea is to get fast workers out quickly and improve tiles quickly, with cheap economic infrastructure. This would seem to be a good setup for expansion. No military bonuses or UU.

Here's the start:

Just a plains wine? That's not what I was looking for. A lot of forests but I think I'll end up moving. I move my warrior 1NE:

I won't miss any special tiles except wine if I move 1N and maybe I'll find some food. I'll at least get more land tiles while still being coastal:

At least this spot has a fish, but if I move 1NE>1NW I could settle on a plains hill with the fish and get 4h early for faster worker. If I settle in place here the worker comes out in 15 turns. If I take another turn and move it comes out in 12 turns. The only real loss is 1 turn of teching (probably BW). I'm thinking I'll move, then settle the next turn then tech BW>Fishing and build a worker, with some turns on a warrior if the worker would get done before BW.

EDIT: actually, it will take 14 turns to get the first worker if I move (because I can't work the 2h tile until the border pops). This becomes a wash in terms of the first worker, although every one after that gains time.

Last edited by SilentConfusion; 11-04-2010 at 12:09.
Old 11-04-2010, 16:31   #3
socralynnek

You have already lost some turns, so it might be a good idea to start with a warrior before the worker. (Or are civs sharing landmasses not possible with Archipelago?)

Someone might find you quite soon if you don't have an island on your own.
Old 11-04-2010, 18:14   #4
BCLG100
Deity

I would have stayed where you were, hill start and the bonuses related to the river coupled with an extra forest to chop.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
Old 11-04-2010, 23:03   #5
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Yes, second BCLG. That's not a GOTM. Somebody walks in and you are dead for good. But on Archipelago map, risk is small and is worth the benefit.
Old 12-04-2010, 00:43   #6
SilentConfusion
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally Posted by socralynnek View Post
You have already lost some turns, so it might be a good idea to start with a warrior before the worker. (Or are civs sharing landmasses not possible with Archipelago?)

Someone might find you quite soon if you don't have an island on your own.
This is the kind of thing I don't think about not having played MP much. I didn't think "what if a scouting warrior finds me?" I just saw no food.

I'm pretty sure if it's the snaky continent variety of Archipelago I could have a neighbor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCLG100 View Post
I would have stayed where you were, hill start and the bonuses related to the river coupled with an extra forest to chop.
I was thinking of moving again. To a plains hill 2N of current location, then settling. Is this too many wasted turns? I'm again not thinking like it's MP. I think of hills as production, rather than defense. About the river... I thought since I was EXP I could afford to move off the river.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akots View Post
Yes, second BCLG. That's not a GOTM. Somebody walks in and you are dead for good. But on Archipelago map, risk is small and is worth the benefit.
Are you saying that the risk of moving is worth it?