Home

Old 25-03-2005, 19:20   #21
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

All sounds good!
Old 25-03-2005, 19:24   #22
Dell19
King

Yep I guess once things start getting added then its likely that the game is also going to be partly a test where we can evaluate the changes.
Dell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2005, 19:40   #23
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Indeed, therefore it is best to keep the number of real changes limited. Here are the Civilopedia entries for the 2 new units btw (the Alfa might be associated with an different tech):

95.41KB

108.22KB

And the units in action:

39.46KB

Details of planned unit producing small wonders:

152.95KB

That's quite a lot and finding / editing a full set of graphs for each of them is a hell of a job, instead I'll make a Civilopedia entrance for each of them and some standard graphs for the Civilopedia, City screen and Splash screen.
Old 25-03-2005, 19:50   #24
Kingreno

Looks great!
Old 25-03-2005, 20:46   #25
Beam
c00l b33r

The Small Wonder splash for the Alfa (when the small wonder producing the Alfa is build this pic will pop-up):

15.66KB

Making Wonder Splashes now for all units in the list, using the same background.
Old 25-03-2005, 21:52   #26
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

A touch of art is always nice. This nighthawk fortress castle looks very appealing. I'd be tempted to build it just to look at it.

I'm still thinking of increasing hit points for the units. What about conscript at 3hp, regular - 4, vet - 5, and elite -6? It is not that much but will add great spice to combat. Another thing to consider is doubling all attack and defese values and making settlers cost 100 shields or more and 4 or 5 population.
Old 25-03-2005, 21:56   #27
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dell19

... its likely that the game is also going to be partly a test where we can evaluate the changes.
There are multiple mods which already have these changes and these mods are very nice and tweak the game in a pleasant way. For example, TAM mod with extra hit points and doubled defense-attack in very playable and enjoyable. Other WWII and WWI mods also use similar features along with a few others. I've played a few and find them more realistic and appealing compared to rather routine C3C engine. These mods were fairly well tested and my opinion on the matters is not unique.
Old 25-03-2005, 22:55   #28
Beam
c00l b33r

KR and me had a good chat about this mod today and our main focus now is to get a nice and playable map, correct overpowered units and last but not least get both of our work combined.

Just increasing hitpoints and / or doubling defense / attack values for the sake of it doesn't add much value imo (sorry my friend, I'm in a very direct mood today ). Settler idea sounds ok, making it more expensive to build one. For a start I propose build cost of 60 and pop cost of 4? The latter is a lot and will make it very hard to have a "Settler factory".

KR just informed me all cities are on the map, I'll have to put the mods in after that, KR then has to relocate Uranium and Aluminium because I'll have to remove my contacts and sit 10ft from the screen in order to miss them
Old 25-03-2005, 23:07   #29
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

But we all will have the resources (somewhere) and map will be all improved and revealed? Like in DMIII?

Never mind, it was just a wish about hit points and indeed would yield a completely different game which could have been not so great idea, hard to tell.

Settlers sound fine with 60 shields and 4 pop.

Also a silly question. There wil be no space race victory I assume? Just Conquest and Domination?

Old 25-03-2005, 23:13   #30
Kingreno

As the corresponding techs for U and Al are yet to be discovered, their locations should not be known to Beam.