Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Ikariam
Home

Old 26-04-2008, 21:49   #41
smalltalk

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mistfit

I have no problem moving... there are some uninhabited islands to your north west that I could choose from. I have only sent a couple of days upgrading my town so it is not big loss I suppose. although I suppose moving 6 islands away from you would mean that we would not overlap as much on trading routes
If you are going to make the jump, only build the stuff you really need. Academy, trade port, palace, maybe a town hall expansion. I'm not sure if you have to expand your warehouse so it can hold the necessary wood, I think it can be overloaded.

Right now, there is one free spot at Gupheios[60:52], my crystal island. It's a decent island with lots of good donators. Personally, I'd go for marble first. But then, a high level island can give you a good start. I'll ask around for island levels, if you do move.
Old 26-04-2008, 21:59   #42
CrossVain

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Matrix

I've got a novice question of my own: it says if I want to build a colony I need a palace. When can I build a palace?
You need to get up to 'Expansion' in Sea Faring
CrossVain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2008, 23:19   #43
Mistfit
King

I think it will take 2 days to learn Expansion.. at that point we can talk about what is involved in moving.. I will save my wood and other items unless it helps get to palace building sooner
Old 26-04-2008, 23:20   #44
Matrix
Administrator

Sweet, thanks. When looking at the palace in help it should say what technology is necessary for that IMO.
Old 27-04-2008, 00:05   #45
Mistfit
King

also I can be found quite frequently at nchtc3 (at) chartermi (dot) net on MSN chat so if you are ever there look me up.

I will be able to track this a little better once my internet connection is fixed at home. I hope that happens Tuesday
Old 28-04-2008, 13:35   #46
Mistfit
King

This is a good article on how colonies work and how to do the palace move:

http://board.ikariam.org/thread.php?threadid=4735
Old 28-04-2008, 13:50   #47
Mistfit
King

Finally you need 5 free merchant ships, 1250 wood und 12.000 gold - furthermore 40 citizens from your capital will be resettled.

I have the 5 ships.. I am working on the gold by selling crystals and I will have the wood soon. So keep an eye out for a good settling spot for me.
Old 28-04-2008, 20:23   #48
Mistfit
King

How about 73:54 it has an open spot on a Marble island. I think it is about 14 islands away
Old 29-04-2008, 01:43   #49
smalltalk

Sorry, wasn't looking here today. Questions already answered in-game.

My opinion is it would be quite a gamble to move, given the circumstances. Might turn out fine, might not. Mostly depends on the deletion rate of inactive players. If you move and no one goes inactive, vanishes and opens up the city spot, your royally fucked.
Old 29-04-2008, 02:19   #50
CrossVain

Yeah, there are about 9 guys on our marble island, who were obviously banned for multi accounting.

So, if you are willing to wait on getting a marble island(They haven't been removed yet), you could probably get there.

However, I don't think that would be the smartest move.
Given marble is one of the most important resources. Even though I would help as much as I could.
it still probably wouldn't be enough, for the time it may take for inactive players to be deleted.
CrossVain is offline   Reply With Quote