Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Whomp's forum
Home

Old 09-08-2007, 02:33   #1
Whomp
King

Default ***BTS civivor Pitboss Balding Nation Spoiler***

Tubby and I have decided to team up and take on the world. We'll need help!!
Everyone playing in this game stay away!!!

I've messed around with Mali this past weekend to test out espionage. I've found using spies can be a pretty powerful as I stole IW and wrecked some happy pills for Izzie. The strategy was to get some of the basic techs in place and then beeline to alphabet.

With this start going for BW seems to make a lot of sense since we have so many trees (let's hope we don't get a forest fire like Izzy did). I thought it was best moving the warrior 1E to the hill and found a hut. It also gave us some view of more hills to the south. Thinking we'll need to have some hills for production I moved the settler 1E. Tubs said do as I wish and that's what I did.

Here's the start....

Please provide the two guys short on hair with lots of guidance. We'll need it!
Old 09-08-2007, 02:41   #2
mauer
King

I think you need tanks. Really, what are you gonna build first? I'd almost say start a worker first, but that's just my uneducated guess. Just thinking out loud, ignore as you see necessary
mauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 13:12   #3
Tubby Rower

I checked the save this morning to make sure that we at least did something this first turn. Is there anything that you know of about whether or not Goodie Huts give better results with no cities vs after you have settled. The one bad thing about moving east is that the extra food from the bananas can't be used to increase pop.

I presume that we'll definately be settling where we are now correct? Looking at the flow of the rivers, there are coasts (or lakes) both to the south and the north. That jungle sucks. The first thing that our worker needs to do is chop that forested hill. That could offer superb protection to an attacking warrior.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:31   #4
Whomp
King

Ahh...hadn't thought short term about food. Sorry. I agree we need to get chops up and running and makes me think we should start worker first and keep the warrior pretty close. I have no idea what will come from a hut but I could've sworn that barb warriors don't pop this early. Not sure but hopefully you'll be on tonight to discuss.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:37   #5
Whomp
King

Worker first won't matter whether it's banana or forest as Mauer pointed out.
Old 10-08-2007, 13:28   #6
Tubby Rower

the GH gave us 69 gold. I didn't settle as we were still deciding. I just didn't want to screw up on turns 1-3.
Old 11-08-2007, 20:48   #7
Whomp
King

I'm thinking we should chop our way to the nanners while we research agriculture. What should our first chop be?
Old 11-08-2007, 22:30   #8
Tubby Rower

imo, that forested hill as I'm scared someone would use that as a fortification point to assault our capital
Old 12-08-2007, 00:18   #9
Whomp
King

Hmm...I'd be inclined to park a warrior on that hill because a move to a grass forest then to nanner would give more efficient worker turns and it will really help growth. I think it's worth the risk of a early attack.
Old 12-08-2007, 02:11   #10
Tubby Rower

ok. as I've stated before... I'm still learnin