Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum > CDZ youth league
Home

Old 22-11-2006, 21:02   #11
Socrates
Emperor

This new system seems very interesting. But that'll mean more time in Hattrick if we go for the full Youth Squad game. I will reach the top level for the YS in early 2007 (I think), and hope I'll be able to start the new system on top thanks to that.

Eagerly waiting to play my youngsters against yours at CDZ. At last I'll be on the same level as you guys there. []
Old 22-11-2006, 22:51   #12
Robboo
King

So I assume you wont have a full team until 11 weeks in since its one player per week...or did I miss something.
Robboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2006, 03:00   #13
arne1
King

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by socralynnek

don't start investing now. that won't bring you anything when you switch to the new system.
Did the ht's say anything about that in the announcement? I assume som kind of transitional period msut be realized. At the moment my assumption is that they are still thinking about that.
Old 23-11-2006, 03:11   #14
socralynnek

arne: Tjecken said in global that you can choose which of the two versions you want but you can't do both...

robboo: Tjecken said in global that you can choose which of the...ahem no...he said that you can play a game from week1 on, the squad gets filled with bad dummies (boys from the neighbourhood)

shabba: you could choose to stay with the old system for a while, in the first season or so you might sell almost every pull cause the new system takes time til it creaes players...but we are civ-players...we want micromanaging...
Old 23-11-2006, 14:16   #15
Socrates
Emperor

Exactly, we're all micromanagers ! And I'm also a builder, so that means I wanna build my youth squad instead of buying players from other teams (capturing cities).

I'm quite happy, because building a youth squad really is one thing I wanted to do when I signed up.
Old 23-11-2006, 18:57   #16
Dell19
King

Currently I think I will stay with the old system for at least the first four weeks of the season. Sounds like a nice new feature.
Dell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 18:25   #17
Tubby Rower

For those of you thinking of starting on the new youth squad next season here is an article that I found that kind of summarizes what HT has been saying. Also of note is that you can have both systems running in parallel.
http://www.toron.be/bn/node/141
Quote:
quote:The new youth system: a summary
Submitted by JerkMaster on Sat, 2007-02-24 09:42. Global

Dutch version

As there are still many questions to be answered about the new youth squad system, Beltrick Nieuwsblad decided to search for the answers. We’ve gathered all the facts based on HT statements. Before you start reading this article, we advise you to read the editorial on Hattrick, so that you have the basic info about the youth squad.

The youth team
You will have the possibility to let your youth team play in a youth division, together with your friends. You can create these divisions yourself, and the amount of teams playing in a division will vary between 4 and 16. The largest divisions can only be created by ‘Hattrick Supporters’, but all users can join them. Divisions can be made private, so only teams that are invited can join. You can also choose the exact moment when league matches will be played, up to 5 minutes accuracy. But you will only be able to play one match every week: either a league match or a friendly.
Only after 11 weeks (i.e. 11 scout reports) your youth team will be completely filled with your own youth players. Until then your youth team will be filled up with ‘the neighbour’s kids’, these are players without considerable capacities.
Every week you will have the possibility either to let your scouts search for a talent for your youth team (new system), or to promote a player from your youth squad (old system) to your A team. Apart from that, you will be able to promote a player from your youth team (new system) to your A team, at least if he has been there long enough. Both systems can be managed parallel, but only one youth pull per week is possible. Which system you choose can differ from week to week, and will be determined by pulling a player in one of the systems. This also means that you’re not obliged to use one of the systems. The parallel system might disappear in the future.
The youth players will not receive any wages, but the youth matches won’t give any profit too.
The youth team will be mostly independent from the A team: matters as team spirit and flag collections will be independent, at least if they are implemented, which is not a certitude.

The players
Only after a certain time you will have the chance to promote youth players to your A squad, because therefore they must reach a minimum age. This age will at least be 17, and probably higher.
Probably it’s best to wait until the player is fully-grown, then it’s possible that he’s even older than that. But such a player has advantages: he can be trained on more than one skill and he will be better than the average youth pull from the current youth squad. On the other hand, you won’t get such a player every week. On the long term, this means that there will be less youth players, but their average level will be better.
Players in the youth team also have a cap for their qualities in a certain skill: at a certain moment the player won’t improve anymore, because he has learned everything there is to learn about that skill. Because you can’t see the skill of a youth player, you will have to watch his performances to determine whether you should stop training him on a skill or not.
It’s impossible to sell or buy players who are in the youth team. Also, the transfers between your youth squad and the A squad is one way traffic, i.e. you can’t place any players from your A team in your youth team.
The training type for your youth players is independent from the training type for your A squad. On the other hand, the performances of your A team will influence the motivation of your youth players on training. Youth players who see their team lose every week, will train slower. This is to prevent people from giving up their A team to fully concentrate on their youth team.
Similar to the older players, youth players will have a chance to get injured or get cards in matches.

The scouts
The scouts will supply you with new players for your youth team. The maximum number of scouts will be 3. When you ask for the scout reports, they will present you their player one by one. For each presented player you will have the choice either to accept him or to send him away hoping that one of the next scouts presents you a better player. Be careful, once you’ve rejected a player, there’s no possibility to take him back.
If you choose to check the scout reports, you can’t do a youth pull in the old system that week, even if you reject all the presented players.
You’re not obliged to have 3 scouts. If you have less than 3 scouts your wage cost for your scouts will be lower, but the chance of finding real talent will also be reduced. The total cost for 3 scouts will be similar to the cost of the current youth squad.
One part I found interesting that effects my current season's activities is this line in the article. It sure bodes for staying in a lower league until you can compete in the higher league.
Quote:
quote:On the other hand, the performances of your A team will influence the motivation of your youth players on training. Youth players who see their team lose every week, will train slower.
Old 01-03-2007, 18:46   #18
Kemal

Another reason I guess for me to seriously consider not investing in any of the possible new YS activities, at all.

Thanks for posting this btw Tubby.
Old 01-03-2007, 18:46   #19
sz_matyas

I wonder if they are going to reward people for promoting in that case. Otherwise, it really hurts new teams given that it is already a fiscal issue to advance if you aren't going to dominate your new league. What will probably happen is you'll have a powerhouse or two sitting at the top of bottom divisions taht could be 2nd or 3rd in an average league one level up if they just promoted.

Example the top guy in my league demoted to div. VI so he could make a solid cup run and not worry about having to win to keep his fans happy. Now that his cup run is over, he is getting 170-180 hatstats a week and destroying everyone in his path.
Old 01-03-2007, 18:53   #20
Shabbaman
Administrator

My guess is that the only intent of this new system is to slow down the economy (keep player prizes up) and to convince people to pay for supporter. I have no idea how this is connected, but I'm sure it's just a conspiracy.