Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Hattrick forum
Home

Old 25-01-2005, 23:02   #231
Kemal

Well done clinching the CDZ-cup ciuly!

Old 25-01-2005, 23:07   #232
Plux
King

Congrats ciuly! May the best winner have won!
Plux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2005, 06:10   #233
yndy
Prince

Well done ciuly, it was a good result and everyone who ever played the CDZ Cup gets a permanent invitation so don't worry there .

Still it's possbile that you will still be in the National Cup when the next edition starts earlier than this time .

@ English_brit: nice cup run all the way to the final, you had a decent shot there. To answer your question, I've asked ciuly to join as he's a friend of mine and wanted to increase a bit participation in the cup. But I didn't ask him to join in order to take the Cup for himself.
Old 26-01-2005, 07:26   #234
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Hail to the strongest, FC Suca!

Now tell us a secret of how to build a team like this...
Old 26-01-2005, 10:10   #235
socralynnek

Congrats to FC Suca!

After getting heavy defeats in my group, I am happy not finishing last.
(I don't think Dell has a weaker team, I was just lucky...)

And thanks to all others for a nice and interesting cup and a big "Thank you" to the organizers.
Old 26-01-2005, 11:21   #236
Melifluous
Administrator

Congrats FC Suca.

I would also like to bring to your attention the battle for 15th and 16th place played out last night between Dom Ducks and myself.

An almighty battle between 4-5-1 CA and 5-4-1 CA. Sounds dull?

Check this out.

Quote:
quoteate: 25/01/2005 at 21.00
MatchID: 31718189
Arena: Melis Manglers Arena
Crowd: 1104

A brilliantly sunny day had enticed a crowd of 1104 to Melis Manglers Arena. Manglers started off with a 4-5-1 lineup. The following players had been chosen: Becerra - Radley, Bryan, Carrol, Verspoor - Magnusson, Almlius, de Klaver, Germain, Quigley-Parks - Taylor.

Ducks tactics involved an interesting 5-4-1 combination. They fielded: Kampen - Bouwman, Koelemeijer, Stolk, van der Wijst, Álamo - Boerkamp, Bergmans, Saulus, Pinchetti - Al-Sulayman.

Manglers clearly had decided to counter-attack when they could, using their talent for it. Counter-attacking seemed to be the preferred strategy of Ducks. After several obvious shirt pulling incidents, Manglersīs Erdem de Klaver got himself booked. Manglers seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion and were down to the poor level of organisation. Bill Carrol hit the ball just perfect in the 18:th minute and could score for Manglers with a fab long shot to 1 - 0. In the games 21st minute the visitors levelled to 1 - 1 as Timothy Koelemeijer struck home on a bar rebound, following a shot from the right. 28 minutes into the game a free kick combination hooked into the box almost resulted in the home team taking the lead, but the last header went wide. Ducks mounted an inspired counterattack in the 33rd minute, but Timothy Koelemeijer was unable to convert from short range. Ducks had a good opportunity to score the lead goal but the home team goaltender Félix Becerra saved Wiljo van der Wijstīs shot headed for the top corner. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 1. Manglers, bringing the final ball possession rate to 59 percent, dominated the battle.

The Manglers players spent the half-time break getting a rerun of the teams tactical organization and regained a passable organisation. The bicycle kick from Gert-Marijn Pinchetti would have been the Goal of the Year, had it not hit the posts. IJsbrand Stolk of Ducks received a yellow card in the 65:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Hogan Radley behaved like an inexperienced youth player in the 77:th minute as he gave the ball away to an opponent. Lucky for him though, there was no goal. Manglers got a penalty shot in the 82nd minute, but Stephen Taylor fumbled the shot slightly and Gertjan Kampen was able to block. Bill Carrol of Manglers received a yellow card in the 87:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Manglers, bringing the final ball possession rate to 66 percent, dominated the battle.

After the regular 90 minutes, the agony of overtime followed. It was a hot and sunny day, and several players seemed worn out. Maybe this was why Mark Bryan found unusually much space for his snappy footwork. The result was still a draw, so the game had to be settled with penalties.

Manglersīs Stephen Taylor hesitated a long time before shooting a penalty going just wide of the left post. Still 1 - 1. Ducksīs Sjakie Boerkamp cooly put the ball past Félix Becerra. 1 - 2. Manglersīs Mark Bryan was seemingly taken by the gravity of the moment, producing a badly laid penalty, blocked by Gertjan Kampen. Score still 1 - 2. Ducksīs Jan Willem Bergmans hesitated a long time before shooting a penalty going just wide of the left post. Still 1 - 2. Manglersīs Andy Quigley-Parks was seemingly taken by the gravity of the moment, producing a badly laid penalty, blocked by Gertjan Kampen. Score still 1 - 2. Ducksīs Laban Bouwman had nerves of steel at the penalty, changing the score to 1 - 3. Manglersīs Frank Magnusson made no mistake. Gertjan Kampen didnīt have a chance. 2 - 3. Ducksīs Timothy Koelemeijer was seemingly taken by the gravity of the moment, producing a badly laid penalty, blocked by Félix Becerra. Score still 2 - 3. Manglersīs Mark Verspoor had nerves of steel at the penalty, changing the score to 3 - 3. Ducksīs Haddad Salim Al-Sulayman penalty shot was very well placed but Félix Becerra went the right way, blocking it spectacularly. The score was still 3 - 3. Manglersīs Urban Almlius cooly put the ball past Gertjan Kampen. 4 - 3. When it comes to placing a ball precisely, IJsbrand Stolk is a real wizard. Putting it safely away for Ducks to 4 - 4. Manglersīs Bill Carrol was seemingly taken by the gravity of the moment, producing a badly laid penalty, blocked by Gertjan Kampen. Score still 4 - 4. Ducksīs Wiljo van der Wijst cooly put the ball past Félix Becerra. 4 - 5.

The most dominating Manglers player was without a doubt Félix Becerra.Frank Magnusson on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Ducks player was Timothy Koelemeijer. Gertjan Kampen on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 4 - 5.
And the HTmail I got from Pluxx.

Quote:
quote:Hi Meli, 117 mins played and still 1-1! who would've thought? Oops, I think I forgot to appoint penalty takers, so if nothing happens next three mins, it's sure win for you!
and the next one

Quote:
quote:Subject hahaha

I WON I WON I WON I WON I WON I WON I WON I WON I WON I WON LOSER I WON I WON I WON I WON
Congrats!

How will I rue that missed penalty in the second half

Melifluous

PS. For Plux's info I also didnt set my penalty takers []
It's divine to own a dick.
From the tiniest little tadger
To the world's biggest prick!
So three cheers for your willy or John Thomas.
Hooray for your one-eyed trousers snake.
Melifluous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2005, 16:53   #237
Håkon

Congrats to the champ! Anyone who pwns the former winner 8-1 deserves the victory...

Oh, and my no-attack policy seems to work, too. 1-0 on a penalty from my divine SP taker.
Håkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2005, 17:14   #238
Plux
King

Yes, good game, Meli. You know the difference between #15 and #16 is HUGE!
Plux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2005, 17:16   #239
yndy
Prince

In a very strange match where Elsaak had the ball most of the time, I scored 5 out of 5 chances and conceded 2 goals at the end of the match. An even 1-1 at injuries although I injured his forward 2 weeks and he injured my defender for only 1 week.
Old 26-01-2005, 19:20   #240
Kingreno

Quote:
quote:1419 spectators had come to Aristocats Arena this cloudy day. Aristocats had chosen a strategic 5-3-2 formation. Lineup: Pinto - Zirngibl, Maassen, Gaastra, Ajello, Vink - Tomic, van den Burg, Dalhuizen - Zengers, Latinovics.

Yellow had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. Lineup: Brown - Falbrant, Slipčeviæ, Fernández - Pilar, Righetti, Piņeiro, Biler, Visan - Train, Tomlin.

Aristocats were relying on their ability to counter-attack. Aristocats almost scored after a swift counterattack 5 minutes into the game, but Wesley Zengers put a shot from the left flank that went just outside. Yellow took the lead in the games 23rd minute with 0 - 1 after some elegant plays down the middle. Ryan Train was the scorer. The referee showed Yellows Ryan Train the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Aristocats were forced to a substitution as Henning Zirngibl couldnīt continue playing due to the rough treatment, forcing Johnny Angelle to come in from the sidelines. The teams went for a half-time break at 0 - 1. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Yellow, with an impressive 77 percent possession of the ball.

Mats Falbrant increased the visitors lead by putting a volley shot away on a pass from the right. 0 - 2. In the games 51st minute Aristocatsīs Johnny Angelle fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Johnny Angelle for taking a dive. Šimun Slipčeviæ could have put his team up another one in the 65:th minute, after a rush down the left, but his closing shot hit the post. In the games 71st minute Aristocatsīs Eddo Maassen fell dramatically just outside the penalty area. However, the referee booked Eddo Maassen for taking a dive. After the ball got lifted in from the left Miguel Piņeiro was on his own in the home sideīs penalty area 72 minutes into the game, and should have scored, but missed, probably due to lack of concentration. In 73rd minute of game time Aristocatsīs Eddo Maassen received his second yellow card and was sent off. Yellow came close to extending their lead as Silvio Biler delivered a long range shot from the right but the angle was too sharp, and the shot hit the side of the goal. Yellow held the ball, with a clear 77 percent possession rate.

Aristocatsīs best player was Ger Gaastra. Armando Pinto on the other hand, had a terrible day. Most important Yellow player was Silvio Biler. Billie Tomlin on the other hand, had a terrible day. The match ends 0 - 2.
And Boots rightfully takes the Bronze!
Good game for him and he deserved to win it. I had a sending off again, seems my players find the CDZ cup important!