Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Markstar's lair
Home

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-07-2005, 22:31   #1
Markstar
King

Default 5 player from Stuttgart - SPOILER

Alright, here a spoiler for the game that we started the weekend at Killers. All 5 teams are Iros and start with identical 25 core tiles. Horses and Iron as well as a basic supply of luxury resources are also there though the latter might vary. Anyways, here is how my core looked like:

156.38KB

While I am pretty happy with that, other things did not go so well. Despite being #1 producer/researcher, I did not meet anybody for the longest time while the others were already trading like crazy. Also, by going for The Wheel first instead of straight for Philo I researched Philosophy in the same turn anarchokillers did but for some weired reason did not get a free tech. But they, working together with GrilledBanzai, already had CoL so that meant Republic for them.
Not only that, they pretty much had the whole tech tree already while I was barely done researching my 2nd tech!!! Things certainly did (and still don't) look good, especially since due to clever negotionations, the anarchokillers kept the other teams from trading with me even after I met them. Why? Well, anarchokillers made an offer that I could not refuse: After finishing Phil I went, of course, for CoL to be at least able to get a decent government anytime soon. Now they offered me that I would get CoL AND The Republic if I went after Map Making...

80.64KB

At this point I had not met any other teams and since I was desperate, I agreed. Of course they immediately promised Map Making to the other teams which meant that when I finally did meet the others, they were already getting MM one way or another, therefore still making it impossible to trade for me.

Anyways, at least two things work for me: I have one of the strongest economies which means I research any tech in 4 turns while still making a decent amount of money and I hope I can buy techs for a really good price from the others. Also, being in the corner of the map means that I should be able to expand and build up my military pretty much undisturbed.

27.11KB

Too bad that in negotiations I told the others that I am the strongest economy (despite my score being relatively low due to my building the core cities so close to each other). That means they know I can be pretty powerful. And that is exactly what I intend to do - go for HBR in 4 turns, build up a considerable army and cause some havoc...
Markstar is offline   Reply With Quote