Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Greekguy's forum
Home

Old 11-07-2007, 18:18   #11
greekguy

well, if anyone cares anymore, I'm starting updates again. so, here's the update for 790 BC.

I've built a bunch of military lately and am getting ready to attack robbo in the near future. I'm also gonna build one more city or two, since I know too many cities are a bad thing for CIV. Here's some pics of my civ, if anyone has any advice please feel free to post it.

greekguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 18:29   #12
mauer
King

I'd say no more obelisk, no to the Parthenon, and axes instead of swords. If he has axes, then your swords will be worthless attacking the cities even at +10% city attack since axes are +50% vs melee units....ie 6.6 swords vs 7.5 axes.

I've played Robb before, and he's pumping military units pretty hard to kill you.

Looks like you've got an awesome city spot E/SE of Paris near the rice and cows.

EDIT: I meant W/SW of Paris
mauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 05:18   #13
greekguy

thanks for the advice. btw, I think i'm building that obelisk because there's incense nearby and I'd like to get. but IIRC, that is a resource you can only get with the calendar advance, right? also, in your experience, do CIV PBEMs usually ever last as long as calendar?
Old 12-07-2007, 05:26   #14
BCLG100
Deity

More often than not yeah they do, unless there are no AI. Build libraries instead of obelisks. tbh this counts in non MP games as well.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 05:39   #15
greekguy

well there are no AI in this game. Just me and robbo on a small sized map.
Old 09-08-2007, 19:06   #16
greekguy

Here's the update for 160 BC:

I declared war on robbo this turn. I have a fairly strong military, with 4 warriors, 4 Swords, 5 Axes, and 4 Spears. I killed off a Russian scout and entered his territory this turn, so a good start for me. The only units of his I can see is a weak warrior in the jungle, out of his lands, and a catapult and axe sharing a tile in his territory. You can see it in this picture:

Also, that stack of 3 French units on a hill contains a Sword, and Axe, and a Warrior. I feel like I'm in good shape to win this war, though any advice you guys wanna give will be appreciated. Here's a zoomed out shot of the battle area to give you a better perspective on the "big picture":

[

Old 16-12-2007, 16:19   #17
dutchfire

I've taken over this game for greekguy, and we're currently in the first millenium AD. I'll give an update when I get the next save.
dutchfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2007, 18:14   #18
dutchfire

My capital. I think it's pretty good. It has got the Parthenon (greekguy built this), the Pyramids and the Great Library. I'll have a great person soon, hopefully a great scientist to help my teching.

My second city, decent, but not spectacular.

A small icy city, but it gives me the much needed iron.

Another small city, but it's making a small profit.

My heroic epic & stonehenge city, it can 1-turn swords or cats, but I'm now trying to build the Hanging Gardens, as I'm already 20 units over my unit support limit. I'm trying to solve my economy in general, by settling some new cities.

This is my newest city. I settled it 2 turns ago. I want to chop/whip a granary and a library, and use it as a great people farm. It will also give research since I'm running representation.

The tech tree, I was ways behind, but I don't know how far behind I am now. I am also missing fishing and sailing, but I won't need boats yet anyway. My current goal is machinery, to match robboo's crossbows and maces.

My razed city, robboo razed it from the sea using maces. You can also see my overly large stack of obsolete units here (there are 20 on that one tile!)
dutchfire is offline   Reply With Quote