Old 16-12-2008, 14:44   #191
grahamiam
Emperor

Looks like the cupcake defenses helped me out quite a bit
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2008, 15:05   #192
grahamiam
Emperor

Nice way to start the week Nothing like having a big game with playoff births on the line!

Shall my guys start chilling the champagne?
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2008, 20:13   #193
mauer
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamiam View Post
Nice way to start the week Nothing like having a big game with playoff births on the line!

Shall my guys start chilling the champagne?
Funny, I'm facing Wayne in my money league as well. So that stung twice as much
mauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2008, 05:46   #194
mauer
King

I think I'm gonna be sick. I'm near depressed over that stinking loss tonight
Old 21-12-2008, 13:45   #195
Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauer View Post
I think I'm gonna be sick. I'm near depressed over that stinking loss tonight

Tough loss. Those two long runs late in the 4th by the Ravens killed the Cowboys. Inexcusably bad tackling on those two plays.
Old 21-12-2008, 16:55   #196
mauer
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
Tough loss. Those two long runs late in the 4th by the Ravens killed the Cowboys. Inexcusably bad tackling on those two plays.
I saw it on the NFL network last night, and this morning. That is, the discussion on Tony Romo. Basically, if the defense hadn't of screwed themselves they would have said Romo was brilliant for those two consecutive scoring drives. While he played terrible the first three quarters, he did what he had to do to win the game, and that's the stuff legends are made of.

However, with those two plays from the defense, they're now talking about "What's wrong with Tony Romo? He just can't seem to win in this league in December." Makes little to no sense. I've seen Manning, Brady, Roethlesshamburger, and a whole score of QB's do exactly what Romo did last night, and they're still considered geniuses. Pisses me off a little is all.
Old 21-12-2008, 17:10   #197
Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauer View Post
I saw it on the NFL network last night, and this morning. That is, the discussion on Tony Romo. Basically, if the defense hadn't of screwed themselves they would have said Romo was brilliant for those two consecutive scoring drives. While he played terrible the first three quarters, he did what he had to do to win the game, and that's the stuff legends are made of.

However, with those two plays from the defense, they're now talking about "What's wrong with Tony Romo? He just can't seem to win in this league in December." Makes little to no sense. I've seen Manning, Brady, Roethlesshamburger, and a whole score of QB's do exactly what Romo did last night, and they're still considered geniuses. Pisses me off a little is all.
Actually it does make sense. Both Manning brothers, Brady and Roethlisberger have won championships. They have produced in december. Rome hasn't. Or at least not yet. Romo is a very good QB, but in all honesty all his great performances have been in september, october and november. It's december and january that matter. And until Romo proves that he can also bring it in december and january, IMHO the criticism is justified and Romo is not on the level of the other 4 QB's...

Dallas has got issues. This year's just about finished for them. I don't believe Philadelphia. Tampa Bay and Atlanta will all fuck up, so I don't see Dallas making the playoffs. For next year some changes will need to be made. I can think of a few that would really make sense to me. For example, cut TO. (let Romo grow into his own without that backstabbing locker room cancer around). Get some linebackers that can tackle the runner. Get a real strong safety (i.e. cut Roy Williams). Have Jerry Jones stay up in the luxury box and not being buddies with the big-name players. Get some damn dicipline in those players. Dallas is the most penalized team in the league, that is no way to be succesfull...
Old 21-12-2008, 17:22   #198
mauer
King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
Actually it does make sense. Both Manning brothers, Brady and Roethlisberger have won championships. They have produced in december. Rome hasn't. Or at least not yet. Romo is a very good QB, but in all honesty all his great performances have been in september, october and november. It's december and january that matter. And until Romo proves that he can also bring it in december and january, IMHO the criticism is justified and Romo is not on the level of the other 4 QB's...

Dallas has got issues. This year's just about finished for them. I don't believe Philadelphia. Tampa Bay and Atlanta will all fuck up, so I don't see Dallas making the playoffs. For next year some changes will need to be made. I can think of a few that would really make sense to me. For example, cut TO. (let Romo grow into his own without that backstabbing locker room cancer around). Get some linebackers that can tackle the runner. Get a real strong safety (i.e. cut Roy Williams). Have Jerry Jones stay up in the luxury box and not being buddies with the big-name players. Get some damn dicipline in those players. Dallas is the most penalized team in the league, that is no way to be succesfull...
RE: Get discipline

New head coach. Also, Romo could have won it last night if the defense didn't get bofudged on those two consecutive plays. It's funny how when in the vice, it ultimately came down to how Romo could win the game. Here's an idea, put him in on defense as well!
Old 22-12-2008, 12:55   #199
romeothemonk
King

I didn't finish last!! YAY!!
Old 22-12-2008, 16:45   #200
Darkness

3rd place for me, despite 1.2 points by Warner and 2 points by Reed this week.

Congratulations on winning Mauer (if Chicago's D doesn't score 27 points tonight)...