Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Sir Eric's Battleground
Home

Old 24-05-2006, 10:37   #11
Shabbaman
Administrator

Perhaps he got fired. For overachieving.
Old 13-07-2006, 05:08   #12
Sir Eric
Warlord

Well what a difference a few months makes.

One thing that I forgot to mention was that I was hired on a 5 month contract with being almost certainly assured of being made permanent after 5 months, (It was on this assurance that I decided to leave my own business and take on this role).
Well since then the ICM in charge of the Northern Sydney Region has been promoted and another ICM has been hired.
Bad thing for me, cause it doesn't look like the new ICM will continue with the hiring strategy that the outgoing ICM had started (which included making me permanent). Instead because of all the bad management decisions made by her predecessor, she has a great distrust of the current ICTSU unit and is firing and moving people out of their positions so that she can bring in other people that she knows.
Even worse thing, I may be out of the job this time next month if she decides not to renew my contract, (which it is looking more and more like she wont renew it), again until December.
And it gets better, I can't go back to what I was doing before cause the schools that I supported have either hired new support staff or are being looked after by the Dept of Education and Training.

Either way it takes a certain type of person to work in this role for any lenght of time, and I know I'm not that type of person.
If I can get my contract extended until December, (I'm off to Africa for 3 weeks, then China for a few days for a nice well earned holiday with the missus), I'll look for another job in the private sector in Janruary that I'm a bit more suited to.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Rik Meleet

Congrats.

In the ACT ?
Department of Education and Training, Northern Sydney Region

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by kryszcztov

Congrats. What do you mean by "perks" ? I'm also wondering about working for the State, not because I don't want to work hard or late per se, but because I now know that what will be remembered from my life isn't to be found in my job. So I want quite some free time. Less money along isn't a problem for me.
By perks I meant Superannuation, RDO (Rostered day off approx once every 3 weeks etc.
We have to work 7 hours a day. I generally start at 7:30am and finish at 3pm. That way I get time in the arvo to go riding.
The money is about $100 less a week than what I was making myself, but then I had to pay for petrol, super etc so it actually works out that I get more in the hand at the end of the day.

@Shabbaman
I've now been taken off the site work and put onto project work instead (which is boring and repetitive):cry
I now have 2-3 jobs to do per day......

...I might have to start playing more PBEM's again.