Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Yndy's Zoo
Home

Old 28-02-2004, 06:34   #21
yndy
Prince

Now at turn 159 (440 AD).

My troops have landed on the continent of annares:

98.92KB
This might be a very short incursion because annares took those three cities from Chartage in just two turns. WhatI did was to make peace with Chartage and negotiate an alliance against annares in the same turn.

Instead annares razed some three Chartaginian cities in one turn and captured two cities in the south in the same turn.

Techwise I'm 4 turns away from Physics and annares got Banking (I'm not sure if he's in the Industrial Age or not, I can't tell the difference in graphics. Since things were going too easy for annares, two turns after the MA with Carthage I made a MA with Americans against him. He was importing two luxuries from them. [grouhco]

This is how my military looks like:

30.82KB
Old 06-04-2004, 08:20   #22
yndy
Prince

It’s been a while, the game stalled for a week or two, lost by annares, than by me, than by annares again. Finally, we picked up and actually managed to play 2 turns in a day. Let’s hope we can keep up.

The turn is now 170 and as discussed briefly on the open thread annares landed three ship loads of troops near my undefended capitol. My troops rushed in from his continent (with the speed of light – that’s how the game is designed, that’s what we play) and slaughtered annares with only one casualty.

He pondered giving up but I assured him it was not the case. He then realized, together with me that there was a place on my continent where he could have landed and razed three – four major cities before I could reach him.

Afterwards I focused on science and annares made an alliance against me with Chartage and Korea (in the same turn, technically breaking the rules we have agreed on but with little game disruption consequences. Actually Carthage had one of the two cities they were left with on my continent and being at war with them I attacked and got a Great Leader.

The current situation is:

Techwise I just got Theory of Gravity over annares (what is he doing saving money for his future kid’s college fund?). I believe he can still reach the Industrial Age before me and he has a free tech as well.

He has more manufacturing and commerce output than me but I’m not 100% sure his Golden Age ended. I have more land and population and also outscore him 400 points (1800 vs 1400).

We have comparable militaries, my core armies are still 46 Riders plus some 10-15 Muskets, 17 Catapults, 15 Galleys and several other units.

Annares just built Bach’s and has Sun Tzu and the Pyramids. Also a bunch of other wonders captured from Chartage, I have Leo’s, Smith’s and lost a bunch of shields on a Copernicus Prebuild (Korea got it).
I am allied with America (third largest) against annares, and he has an alliance with Korea. I estimate we will buy in each nation at the earliest opportunity, they both have precious luxuries that we trade. I have an alliance with America against the Mongols, pretty backward guys with decent territories and one luxury. England and Carthage have a total of 4 cities.

My plans:

Get to the industrial era as fast as possible, currently 6 turns from Magnetism, the last tech. I started a palace prebuild, will it be Newton or ToE or the Suffrage? My bunch of cities are mostly on worker production.

I plan to monitor annares closely and maybe try a surprise attack at some point. Anyway the final battle is still far.
My ace in the hand is the Great Leader, I don’t want to use him up for Newton’s, I could relocate the palace but I don’t want to delay the Industrial era and he’ll just stand by until the next confrontation.

Sorry no pics, I'm at work
Old 09-04-2004, 07:44   #23
yndy
Prince

Turn 171 and annares has entered the industrial age. He took, the Americans, the Koreans and the Carthaginians with him on that.

Taking the last in was a mistake, I made peace with them and got Magnetism for 44gpt, so I'm in the industrial age as well. The max I can research steam power at is 60% and it's due in 9 turns but I have to do something to handle the deficit. For now I have disbanded 10 Riders and some warriors. Next turn, the rest of the warriors and Med Infs will be disbanded.
Old 18-04-2004, 06:25   #24
yndy
Prince

The turn is 174 and the year 580.

While annares is one turn away from completing his railnet, I’m five turns away from Steam Power. At this point I have realised a weak point in my defense that annares can spot and speculate. My shore blockade is interrupted in numerous places as the workers are heading towards the core of the empire to speed up the rails there. One place is the far south where I only have a musket now while annares has a galley scouting and seeing my unprotected shore and my empty cities.

Next turn even two Sipahis could raze the entire area so I sent most of the troops in that direction but it will take two-three turns until I can arrange proper defenses.

Here’s a screen-shot of my lands and military, now weaker than annares’ as I disbanded lots of units to be able to research at 70%.

69.25KB
Old 23-04-2004, 12:46   #25
yndy
Prince

Turn 177

Another break at work, and a short update. annares did not do any nasty things so far and he probably only has a window of 2 turns before I get Steam to pose a serious threat to my empire.

Most of my major cities have finished construction of all useful improvements and are currently building Muskets. I have a bunch of workers doing nothing than waiting for the Steam to be available. They are building fortresses on each mountain and hill in my core. I hope I will never have to use them.

I could buy a 7th luxury but I don’t actually need it. The Civs on the third continent seem to be doing just fine, even England got Military Tradition so that’s going to be cheap for me to buy.

My plan is to build rails, research industrialization, then factories than at some point mount an invasion of the third continent and fight for a domination victory. I’m not sure if it will ever happen. I’d also do something to make annares worry about his position but I’m not sure what. Probably build some ironclads and pound his shores.
Old 30-04-2004, 13:59   #26
yndy
Prince

Turn 181

I discovered steam two turns ago but had no coal hooked. I had to cut a jungle and road it in two turns but now i've completely railroaded my first city. Meanwhile annares has completely railroaded all his continent and has industrialisation.

Well I'll fight to the last man.
Old 30-04-2004, 14:06   #27
Aggie
Emperor

It is strange that anarres didn't attack again (Before Steam). He may be leading the tech race, but does he really have the empire to outresearch and outproduce you?
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 05:29   #28
yndy
Prince

He has outproduced and outcommerced me ever since he started his golden age. He has also recently overpassed me in population so he's definitely doing better than me.

He was either not confident or is planning somethin' else.
Old 26-07-2004, 18:43   #29
yndy
Prince

OK, guys, you seem to be talking extensively on annares's forum, my statement so far is that I'm not doing good and annares kicked most of my offensive units. I will not be able to upload pics for awhile, but just tell me ask me if you have any questions.

I've told annares that the game is 80% lost for me but that I would still like to play some more if he doesn't mind. Do you think I should let go only because I lost some 20 cavs?
Old 26-07-2004, 21:14   #30
Aggie
Emperor

Surely not! Experience this map to the fullest!
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote