Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Tubby Rower's Slacker Kingdom
Home

Old 22-09-2005, 08:34   #11
Pastorius
Custard used tile

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ginger_Ale

Paal, you do not get barbs from a hut regardless of level or military units if you found a city 1 tile from it. That's a technique advanced civ players use. []

And how many times do you need your capital for protection? I've not read a spoiler where someone was attacking a human's capital.
Wasnt what I meant...

GA, Ville has a tendency to attack Gogf's capitals...
Old 22-09-2005, 12:57   #12
Tubby Rower

I think that the gamble might pay off..... It looks like we have a peligo map. I'll move that warrior south the the hill. If it's majority sea then it should be a peligo or I got a really crappy start. I took this picture before switching from the forest to the cow. After irrigation of the cow is complete no more improvements are necessary for the settler factory. my first city might be one the coast for a curraph once I get alpha. I figured the military techs (hence the research on the wheel) were more important but I guess maybe now alpha might have been. Is it worth wasting 2 turns of research to go for alpha?

46.5KB
Old 22-09-2005, 13:54   #13
Tubby Rower

I'd like to get a sanity check on this start. I've planned a couple of scientists along the way and they are set at -2 surplus foodfood and 0 shields. Sugar hill is set to 0 surplus food and 1 shield. Hill is -1 food and 1 shield. Thanks

image revised and moved 3 posts later
Old 22-09-2005, 15:32   #14
Whomp
King

I'd think finding horses are mighty important in a game that is 1x1.
Just curious is there any reason why the sugar hill its not worked with the wheat earlier?
Old 22-09-2005, 15:50   #15
Tubby Rower

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Whomp

Just curious is there any reason why the sugar hill its not worked with the wheat earlier?
forest gives 2 shields and sugar hill only gives 1. the granary will complete without waste in the scenario above. I won't get border expansion until 3450 so I couldn't work them before that. After the granary is built I have 1 "wasted" turn that I can do nothing with (hence the scientist) then 4 turn settlers. I fiddled with it for 20 minutes trying to get the granary earlier without growing the same turn as it was built. I couldn't get it to happen. So this is what I ended up with.
Old 22-09-2005, 16:19   #16
Tubby Rower

I saw that i didn't clear out the first turn's city tile. It's fixed here.... The yellow lines indicate that that turn has already passed.

33.56KB
Old 22-09-2005, 16:22   #17
Whomp
King

OK makes sense. Oh masterful and great geek I will post my spreadsheet in the next couple of days so hopefully you will check my work . That would make me very !
Old 22-09-2005, 16:35   #18
Tubby Rower

Which game Whomp?
Old 22-09-2005, 16:41   #19
Whomp
King

vbraun's game. I have two civs and you've already helped me with one civ but that's like looking at the answer key. I want to try it myself and check it against yours.
Old 23-09-2005, 23:44   #20
Tubby Rower

Ok grs apparently just got off the train when I got home and we have exchanged at least 5 turns so far.

I don't think that this is an archipeligo.
Hope it's continents
Really don't want pangaea.

On turn 7 I gave up exploration to defend the capital with the warrior that I popped. I don't know the barb setting either so I'd rather the granary work not be wasted on a stupid hairy ape walking through my streets.

The cow has been irrigated and the worker just got on the wheat tile to mine. The worker has also spotted some wines on a nearby hill

I'll post a screenie later