Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > KingReno's Forum
Home

Old 22-12-2004, 22:03   #1
Kingreno

Default Kingreno vs Stapel ***SPOILAH***

Stapel and I play our forst PBEM against eachother. Killer made the map

The map appears to be rather special. I play as the Byzantines and kStapel is the vikings. There are 4 AI. the level is demigod. I expect archipelagolike thingies. Also, some resources give different bonii. we'll have to see.
On a sidenote. All units, buildings and techs are in GERMAN! I like it very much!

The spartan start. The plains were already irrigated.

28.72KB

Set research to pottery to benefit from the cows +1 food.

(Last time killer gets 2 cows on grass with a river form me when I make a map for him! )
Old 22-12-2004, 22:42   #2
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

do not complain, my fried - at least I irrigated the plains (which was mainly to help the AIs).

The map has very nice spots, but I do not want the two of you to settle exactly the same []
Old 23-12-2004, 00:00   #3
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Ah, you can build Krieger!
Old 23-12-2004, 14:48   #4
Kingreno

And more then that. "Lanzenkampfer"!

Not to mention "Kaserne" and "Nahrungslager".

Now I know why Killer is such a warmonger. How can you not with this kind of terminology?
Old 23-12-2004, 15:12   #5
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

Jawoll! Alles kaputtmachen! Krieg!
Old 23-12-2004, 17:46   #6
Rik Meleet

Lanzenkampfer's sind starke soldaten. Sie sind starker als Krieger !!
Kaserne Bitte !!
Old 31-12-2004, 12:31   #7
Kingreno

jaja, update.

This map is very strange. Everyone has the same island. there are thus six island like mine and then there are some 100 small islands scattered arround randomly. This presents a problem as Stapels Vikings will have no problems making amphibious assaults. My Byzantines do not have that power. More is wrong. There are no strategic resources on the main island (well no iron/horses). These are found on the smaller islands. I, however, have a small island with iron connected by coastal tiles. Stapel, has not. Stapel otoh has a viable coastal traderoute to Greece. I cannot trade till astro.
Stapel and I agreed then that I could not connect the iron whilst he could not trade luxes to Greece. This is honorable but for me it sucks! He can get to Berserks (no resource required...) and my best unit will be a feckin' Longbowman! This is immensly frustrating as it basicly forces me to build a load of Dromons and cut off all attackroutes. I hate being forced to do that!
My Island:

48.11KB

As can be seen I have 5 cities and a settler on the way to the sixth. Paramaribo will build some setlers and squeeze in a lib and some dromons. Langetabbetje is a 2-turn-workerfac. Zanderij will build Dromons and archers. NN will build workers. Lelydorp has Rax and will build archers.
More on the why's later.
Stapels lands:

33.84KB

Please note that resources are found in uncommon places (e.g. silks on mountain) but the trade values are identical on both our islands!
As seen. No iron-island off the coast. But to the east lies Greece. Stapel had gambled that he would get pottery from someone and went straight to writing. I lied to him telling him I did that too. I did research pottery though and made sure he did not get it for a way too long time. He wasted precious Pop in his cap and second city. Also, it allowed me to get to writing only a slightly bit later then him (1 turn!) due to my cties growing faster. It also ensured I won the Philorace.
Thank god for small favours.
The minimap:

6.68KB

The plan. The situation in "Byzanz" calls for drastic measures. As of now the Byzantines will work towards obtaining a goal. This goal will be known as opperation "Lucky". The main idea is that we cannot let Stapel get to Zerks. There are no Knights/MI/Horses to us BUT also not to Stapel. (ieder voordeel heb ze nadeel)
That means that a landing will be very difficult to counter due to the sheer lack of fast units. "Lucky's" target is the Viking Capitol. It is currently building a wonder (maybe even the lib soon!) and it is defended by 2 regular warriors. I will try to land 4-6 archers on the mountain next to the city. I will make a devious approach telling lies to Stapel about my intensions. If I can land them, I think I have a very decent chance to raze his cap. There is no other way for me to win this game.
Old 31-12-2004, 13:35   #8
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

KR: the one thing I really did not anticipate is the two of you doing that weird iron/luxtrade deal.

Why do you think you have iron and him not????
Old 02-01-2005, 15:38   #9
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

KR, I have thought about this some time and come to the conclusion that I can fairly tell you:

remember the SoZ is changed to an expensive and slightly down-graded version of the lighthouse? It doesn't give movement increase, but it does still give...... SAFE SEA PASSAGE!!!!!!!!

Thus, if you get either of the two you get the same trade abilities as with Astro (and unless I totally screwed up there are a few [})
Old 02-01-2005, 16:15   #10
Kingreno

The AI got the SoZ way before I could even think about getting a wonder, so that's no option. Do not worry Killer! The byzantines are an addaptive bunch, I will find ways to kill Stapel. I will.