Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Aggie's forum
Home

Old 03-07-2003, 22:22   #11
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 97:

I make peace with the Zulu for Feudalism, Engineering, Literature in return for 32 gpt.

In this little war I captured two cities and razed two others.
Old 12-07-2003, 08:20   #12
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 116:

Here you see me nearing Smolensk.

38.66KB
Jack and I agreed upon no phoney wars and MA's. How would it qualify when I take Smolensk and then get MA's with the world vs him?

Anyway, I asked Jack for a handsome sum or a decent MA tech. Then I will not attack. Smolensk is a key city for him!
Old 12-07-2003, 17:15   #13
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 117:

Two warriors are enough to get 800 gold from Jack . I guess he wasn't ready for a war against the whole world.

Turn 119:

I buy spices from Persia for 18 gpt. Now my lux can drop to 0%. I now make 137 gpt, we are in the early middle ages and I'm not in the Golden Age yet! And I also don't have a FP yet.

This is the world map:

9.13KB

These are the demograpics:

27.64KB
Old 15-07-2003, 19:22   #14
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 130:

We had a status quo in the game. But now I'm focusing on the Ottomans. They have a lux I like. However, my trade route to Persia runs through their land. It appears that Jack has almost finished his road to Persia. When that happens, I will not suffer a rep hit anymore. So I wait sleep]
Old 22-07-2003, 21:47   #15
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 132:

Finally Jack and Persia connected their roads. I'm at war with the Ottomans.

Turn 133:

I've got new luxuries and resources

50.4*KB

18.34*KB

In my enthousiasm I forgot to use a musketeer to trigger a Golden Age
Old 23-07-2003, 21:58   #16
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 135:

I buy Chivalry from Persia for 25 gpt and a lux.

Turn 137:

I enter the Golden Age after using my musket against the Otto's.

51.02*KB

My income shoots to 173 gpt

Jack, England and Persia are at war with the Zulu. I will use this GA to build up my military and destroy them. It never hurts to do this with a MA that will probably give me a free or cheap tech. I'll make peace with the Otto's next turn, hopefully for Education and then turn my attention to Shaka.
Old 24-07-2003, 16:07   #17
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 139:

Another big turn.

-I finish the Forbidden Palace and income jumps to 212 gpt
-I capture Izmit
-I make peace with the Ottomans for 11 gpt and get Education in return

Jack made peace with the Zulu but now turned his attention to the Iroquois.

Here's the world map at turn 139:

8.65*KB

Turn 147:

Jack is in a bit of trouble, his neighbour the Persians are dragged into a war vs him. Also the Zulu aren't very populair.

The Zulu are now crossing my land on their way to the Otto's. So I decided to wait with my attack and builds banks in the meanwhile. The world is at war and I am building

55.49*KB

Turn 148:

Jack managed to get out of the biggest trouble. He now only is at war with Persia.
Old 24-07-2003, 23:29   #18
anarres
anarchist butcher

wow, fast stuff! []
Old 29-07-2003, 10:32   #19
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 152:

Jack managed to make peace without losing a city. Stupid AI . The Zulu almost finished their travel towards Ottoman lands. The Ottomans are almost killed however. Luckily we still have a couple of other civs at war with them. So they will keep on moving their troops.

My 40+ knights are ready for an attack. I planned a quick war to conquer about 6 Zulu cities. However, I'm in a GA and make a lot of money (450 gpt - I rushed a lot of banks). It will take only about 12 turns before I'm in the IA. Then the peace treaty with Jack will be over. I'm almost certain that Jack has no answer against my then 40+ Cavalry I suspect that I will be in the IA before Jack has Cossacks. He is already 4 techs behind at the moment and I'm sure that the wars vs the Iroquois and Persia did cost him income and units.

I've got another 5 turns before my GA ends. I'm wondering whether I can afford a war vs the Zulu (who are stronger) as a diversionary manoeuvre, to give Jack the impression that I'm doing other things than planning an attack on him... Or will I lose too many units - knights vs muskets?
Old 30-07-2003, 10:08   #20
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 157:

My Golden Age is over and income drops to 220 gpt. Considering the fact that I have gpt payments for tech, I'm in a very good shape! Mainly because I used the GA to rush banks.

The Zulu are now only at war with the Iroquois and Ottomans. I plan to do the following, after a long thought about it:

- I will profit from the Iroquois being at war with the Zulu and get a nice deal with a MA as soon as I can step into the next age.
- I will upgrade all my knights to cavalry. With 1800 gold in cash, this should be easy.
- Then my troops will move to Jack's territory and attack on the turn that I enter the IA. I'm pretty sure that I will be in the IA as soon as the first civ also is. I'm first up, so Jack won't see the leaderheads change