Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Classical Hero's Heroic Escapades
Home

Old 01-11-2006, 11:58   #11
DavidC

Shit, shouldn't I trust Whomp ??? Does he have a reputation ?

The ruins were there when I discovered them and I have no idea what they are, probably
a Map Creator trick ? I did not lose a city for sure.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:40   #12
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DavidC

Shit, shouldn't I trust Whomp ??? Does he have a reputation ?
Hehehehehe... You can interpret that question anyway you want, I'm just curious about your motivation.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:57   #13
Tubby Rower

[opinion=Tubby]

Whomp is very honorable except in Risk games... in civ I would trust any treaty that he has agreed to.

[/opinion]
Old 01-11-2006, 13:21   #14
DavidC

Ok thanks for the scare !

Well my motivations are multiple :
- The way the continent is designed does not favour an early attack of each other.
- I would like to continue my expansion for a long time there is TONS of amazing land around me.
- I am playing early wars in all my other Civ3 PBEM and I would like to play a builders game for now.
- we both have MW which negates the effect of superior Special Units, often the differentiator in early wars.
- I would love to be involved in planning and executing a major landing/invasion of another continent like you guys did in the ISDG semi-final.
- Whomp is the strongest player in the game I feel (even though Barbu is good, I have beaten him already and he had to take over from someone), this is a strong factor, if my neighbour had been Classical am not sure I would have offered full cooperation/alliance
- An early war between us could mean a huge deficit in Science vs teh other continent.
- etc...
Old 01-11-2006, 13:31   #15
Socrates
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DavidC

- I would love to be involved in planning and executing a major landing/invasion of another continent like you guys did in the ISDG semi-final.
We did what ?? Espion, espion !!!
Old 01-11-2006, 13:42   #16
Tubby Rower

are you certain that there is another continent and not a snake-y type isthmus to another player? I haven't seen the entire coastline in your screenshots so that is why I ask.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:19   #17
DavidC

I think we asked for separate continents in the map making thread, maybe I am confused it was such a long time ago
Anyway even if there is an isthmus to another continent, I would favor a naval invasion as a land one would be very easy to defend against...