Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Other games > Travian
Home

Old 19-10-2006, 14:38   #1
Tubby Rower

Default Quick and Dirty Answers

Since we have a forum for this now, I figured I'd make a thread to ask/answer questions about travian.

So share vital knowledge with me
Old 19-10-2006, 14:40   #2
Tubby Rower

How do reinforcements work? I have 1 phlanx and I tried to send him as a re-inforcement to another villiage just so he'd have something to do. I've tried sending him twice and as soon as I leave the screen apparently he comes back and is still in my town. What's going on here? Do you get knowledge of a city's troop levels by sending in one reinforcement just before you attack force?
Old 19-10-2006, 15:10   #3
Kingreno

Reinforcement is for friendly villages only! You can send your own troops to a village of your own or an ally (but they will be native to the village they were born in). Do be carefull as they will eat food in the village they camp in...and will die when they have no food.

The other options are raid and attack. These are used on enemies. Attack mean s your troops will first try to kill all enmy troops and then teh survivors take away what they can find/carry. Raid means they just try to take as many resources and then run. Any defenders will be attacked but likely not all killed, nor will you lose as many attackers as in an attack.

Old 19-10-2006, 19:25   #4
Tubby Rower

I made an excel spreadsheet that would help you figure out any production things for travian. I'm not sure if this is against this part of the rules
Quote:
quote:§3 Usage of auxiliaries
The usage of any auxiliaries like scripts or bots which automate actions like building things or troop movements is impermissible. This game may only be played with a customary Internet-browser. In addition, it is impermissible to use scripts which change the sourcecode of Travian pages and thus allow players to use Plus features without paying. Furthermore, scripts and bots causing severe server usage such as a map-scanning tools are illicit.
but I created it anyway. I'm on the verge of creating a VB program similar to the KOC thingie. But then I suspect that would be shunned (at least out in the open). so if this gets me kicked out, then that's one less thing that I have to be addicted to []

Download Attachment: [img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] Travian.zip <- change the extension to xls
18.86 KB

56.35 KB
Old 19-10-2006, 21:53   #5
Dell19
King

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Tubby Rower

How do reinforcements work? I have 1 phlanx and I tried to send him as a re-inforcement to another villiage just so he'd have something to do. I've tried sending him twice and as soon as I leave the screen apparently he comes back and is still in my town. What's going on here? Do you get knowledge of a city's troop levels by sending in one reinforcement just before you attack force?
Did you click okay on the second screen? Occasionally catches me out where I forget to confirm a raid.
Dell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2006, 23:36   #6
Tubby Rower

no I didn't.. my phlanx went exploring and is now back. raids will commence tomorrow
Old 20-10-2006, 12:03   #7
Tubby Rower

without a scouting unit.. .is there a way to determine the strength of someone's military? Also is there a distance limit that you put on any attacks. for instance make real nice with your neighbors within 2 tiles and agree to a NAP.
Old 20-10-2006, 16:41   #8
Dell19
King

I think you have to wait for scouts which are a bit expensive if you include the research cost and building the required buildings.
Dell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2006, 16:46   #9
Tubby Rower

OK I think that I've answered my own question in the game... I've been attacking a lot of my neighbors and have made an alliance of the 2 largest neighbors and myself. Here is what I've found out...

- If you attack and everyone dies (or gets trapped), you receive no intel on the troop strength
- If you have some troops return, you get to see what you battled against.

This makes sense if you think about it. oh and I've farmed one of my neighbors down to 0 resources he hasn't logged on for a couple of days. Luckily a few more of my neighbors will no longer be under beginner protection today
Old 21-10-2006, 12:15   #10
Rik Meleet

How do you see if you've actually ordered a raid ?
I think I've send my 2 legionairs on a raid but I don't get any messages that they are on their way.

Edit: figured it out already. forgot the 2nd OK

50.86KB