Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Aggie's forum
Home

Old 19-05-2004, 17:13   #1
Aggie
Emperor

Default Aggie - Grille *spoiler*

As can be seen in the open thread, my starting position was quite nice. I moved the worker on the cattle and then decided to settle on the spot. Revealing a game tile I then put science at 10% for writing and first unit is a curr... ehm...canoe :

Old 19-05-2004, 20:36   #2
Pastorius
Custard used tile

canoe.

Is that really in conquests?
Old 19-05-2004, 20:48   #3
Aggie
Emperor

It is when Beam makes the map []
Old 19-05-2004, 21:10   #4
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

The Canoe has similar characteristics as the Curragh but can be upgraded to an Enterprise class Federation Starship with the discovery of future tech 394 and access to strat. resource Dilithium Chrystals. The starship comes with a Warp 8 drive, phasers, photon torpedoes, teleportation room and a basic holodeck + 3 free holodeck scenario's.

A city only can build the Starship if it has a Starfleet Academy (adding 6 culture and making 3 citizens talking stuff only understood in outerspace).

Very usefull against those Birds of Prey Grille might have operational by that time.
Old 19-05-2004, 21:40   #5
Aggie
Emperor

I hope that the cloacked Birds of Prey don't suffer from the submarine bug (in which you are at war when you bump in to them, despite the fact that you don't see them). OTOH: that would be very fitting for the Klingons
Old 19-05-2004, 23:16   #6
Pastorius
Custard used tile

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Beam

The Canoe has similar characteristics as the Curragh but can be upgraded to an Enterprise class Federation Starship with the discovery of future tech 394 and access to strat. resource Dilithium Chrystals. The starship comes with a Warp 8 drive, phasers, photon torpedoes, teleportation room and a basic holodeck + 3 free holodeck scenario's.

A city only can build the Starship if it has a Starfleet Academy (adding 6 culture and making 3 citizens talking stuff only understood in outerspace).

Very usefull against those Birds of Prey Grille might have operational by that time.
Explains a lot...mostly about the state of mind of the mapmaker...who has obviously gone completely insane
Old 20-06-2004, 11:39   #7
Aggie
Emperor

Turn 61: This game is all about building and exploring so far. I have created a settler factory after my two curraghs and I'm on my own big landmass. I have met all opponents, except for Grille.

My obvious target was the Writing-Philosophy path. I is a success . I decide to choose Code of Laws as my free tech. I now go all out Literature to deny Grille a possible route to new techs. Only after this I will go for Republic. The AI has nothing to offer for Philosophy, but that not a problem I'd say

Grille was leading in points for a while, but I have now taken the lead. That won't change soon I'm sure.

My empire looks like this:

Old 20-06-2004, 11:55   #8
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Quote:
quote:I now go all out Literature to deny Grille a possible route to new techs.

Poor Grille, do you have Mapmaking already?
Old 20-06-2004, 11:57   #9
Aggie
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Beam
Poor Grille, do you have Mapmaking already?
No. But I expect to get it from the AI. They love to have it. I probably will not go for the Lighthouse this time, but it depends on what happens of course.
Old 20-06-2004, 17:36   #10
Aggie
Emperor

Grille and me met and he is down Philo and CoL. I immediately establish an embassy and see that he has a settler factory as well. He doesn't know Germany and Holland. Therefore I will sell the Germans Writing for 81 gold. He might meet them soon otherwise.

Grille's city: