Tubby Rower

Maybe I'll switch leagues with you
Old 30-05-2006, 17:12   #192
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mistfit

I need a stadium upgrade as I sell out every match

I need to win some matches this season or I will auto demote...
Hm, that does not compute...

Well, do what I do, give up, save cash and get yourself a new medal next season.
Old 30-05-2006, 17:58   #193
Mistfit
King

well seeing that if I do autodemote I should be on a winning streak next season... how big should I make my stadium? I currently have 1480 supporters... 30,000 seats?

Old 30-05-2006, 18:17   #194
Shabbaman
Administrator

I don't know. My stadium isn't that large either. But since you'll be loosing most matches this season anyway, size it for a bad streak. Aim low if you want to save cash, 30k for 1500 supporters and 28k for 1400 supporters.
The initial costs are peanuts these days, so there's not much of a reason to get a huge stadium now.

I think hoarding huge stockpiles of cash is going to be my strategy. Interest income seems a solid way of making money, with the moronic state of the transfer market.
Old 22-07-2007, 20:33   #195
Mistfit
King

OK.. I am now into my 8th season of HT and I do not feel like I am progressing in the game at all anymore.. I am coming back to beg for guidance.

Sit Rep:
I have taken 3rd/4th place in my series for the last 3 season but do not seem to be gaining much ground.

My series:
http://alltid.org/league/8508

Note that the new teams have not been updated this season yet...

This us the ugly band of Marauders I am currently playing with:

I am currently training GK's between Outstanding and Magnificent but am willing to change training if someone can clue me in as to what is a good regiment.

This is a pretty good indication as to the strengths of my team:
Code:
Mistfit's_Marauders
Player rating and team formation
Team Attitude: 	Normal
Tactic: 	Attack on wings
Tactic skill: 	excellent

Midfield: 	inadequate (very high)
Right Defence: 	inadequate (very high)
Central Defence: 	inadequate (very low)
Left Defence: 	inadequate (low)
Right Attack: 	passable (very low)
Central Attack: 	inadequate (high)
Left Attack: 	passable (high)
HatStats	178
Defence	55
Midfield	60
Attack	63
My Economy is iffy. I make around 60-70K per 2 weeks

I have 2048 supporters and a 40K seat arena

Any and all suggestions welcome
Old 22-07-2007, 22:20   #196
sz_matyas

Hmm, being relatively new you'll have to take my comments with a grain of salt, but I may have a couple of suggestions.
1) 8 seasons isn't a terribly long time to have a team despite what instant gratification may tell you. Hattrick is specifically designed for long commitments/planning and you are the newest kid on the block of competitors in your league. To counter this you can't play a revenue neutral strategy, either overspend and lose money (instant results) or be willing to save money and make long term investments.
2) Your team is exceptionally balanced, that is good for the status quo and means you don't have any glaring weaknesses, but also could harm your development as a team if this is a goal (especially as far as long term planning goes). That also does nothing to keep your opponents off balance and react to you.
3) Don't carry players you have no intention/situation for starting. Yeah, Leon van der Arend is a decent player, cheap and has nice experience, but should one of your guys get injured I see you replacing him on the market rather than consistently starting this guy. Since you play a 3-5-2, I'd suggest carrying 2 GKs, 4 (maybe 5 to give you a bit more formation flexibility) defenders, 4 IMs, 3 Wingers and 3 forwards. This is 17-18 players including your coach. The others may not cost much in salary, but they cost some and that money could be saved. If you have a solid back up at each position, you can also save money by maybe only carrying a couple physios and doctors (with no one hurt I wouldn't recommend more than 3 on the payroll and only go more if it is a long term injury where you can't cover well).
4) Embrace changes to the game. They say they are going to try and promote secondary skills, see if you can't trade off your world-class/weak/weak IM for a magnificent/passable/? IM etc. You might notice a small drop in performance temporarily, but gain 7K/week (100K/season) in salary and gain back the performance if they change the rules (If you have the money though, buy before you sell so that way you know you have a replacement before you get left holding the bag and definitely use a minimum asking price) Also for your skill level consider training secondary skills. You aren't going to be making much money off of training without significantly crippling one of your positions, so get over it. You have a fairly young team, train short passes or something, the mark-up is great but it helps your team and you don't lose money (just as an example). On the other hand I would get your current GKs up a couple levels as the should probably be magnificent/world-class to compete at your level.
5) Realize that without significant cup/daytrading income you aren't going to rise above middle of the pack div IV no matter how good you get. Stalling out at a high level isn't always a bad thing

Upgrading your stadium now that it's cheaper isn't a terrible idea, but I'd definitely work on repositioning your team to take it in a new direction before worrying too much about that especially as higher ticket prices should help you out for the short run.
Old 22-07-2007, 22:59   #197
Shabbaman
Administrator

I don't think you really need a world class GK. I'm still fine with an excellent one. What you should do is focus. Your team lacks an edge over your opponent. You could improve your offense/midfield, or (which makes sense as a GK trainer) your defense (and play counter). The only games you win now are the games against teams with a weaker midfield plus a weak defense. And you even failed in that this week, I saw.

First thing to do is to stop with AOW. You only have 1 strong wing attack, the other wing sucks. It weakens your central defense, and doesn't give you much in return.
Old 22-07-2007, 23:44   #198
sz_matyas

While I agree that he may not need a WC goalie now, I think that to be competitive in div IV you should aim to have most of your players at the WC level. As he is training GK right now it is easiest to go up to that level an not worry about it for the future. Or if he wants his focus elsewhere sell off the goalies and don't worry about it, but brilliant/magnificent isn't really the range to be in long term for his position.

Still overly balanced is terrible if you don't dominate the competition.
Old 23-07-2007, 00:17   #199
arne1
King

do you already have a solid leadership coach? This will give you the ability to profit from picced games.
Old 23-07-2007, 03:32   #200
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

IMHO, you are doing quite OK. And you do certainly need a better GK to be able to compete. You just need to make a few extra bucks here and there and buy yourself some better midfield, with better secondaries. And get a decent leadership coach. Once you hit solid high at home while motsing, you should be able at least to win the league and may be to promote. That's IMHO and for each team there is its own way.