Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Site Stuff > Site Feedback
Home

Old 15-06-2005, 10:15   #1
Shabbaman
Administrator

Default News thread

It's been said before, but the front page might need a news update. I know our admins are busy, so I have a proposal to lighten their workload: post news items in this thread.
The item should have the proper formatting (no idea what that is, but my guess is the forum codes will work there as well), grammar and spelling. Maybe a reason why you think it should be on the front page will speed up the decision process.

Good idea?

P.S. Obviously, I have no news, but I'd like to see a news item on our magnificent ISDG victory
Old 15-06-2005, 11:22   #2
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

News: beware of a Puma near Ede.
Old 15-06-2005, 12:06   #3
Melifluous
Administrator

Users Caused Crash!

News: Could Beams seeming inability to log off when he finishes looking at the forums be the real cause of last weeks inexplicable crash? We were talking last week to an unnamed insider, simply known as "Deep Throat" (too good a name to change). He had this to say. "Well I'm not sure if it's true or not, but it's certainly possible that sometime during the night a critical update for the server was implemented whilst Beam was still online. This may or may not have caused the local user on the machine to become corrupt. Of course I'm not saying it's Beams fault as such, but 'other people' may see it that way."

So could users be the reason that programs crash?

Maybe the admins should be doing something about this...

Melifluous
It's divine to own a dick.
From the tiniest little tadger
To the world's biggest prick!
So three cheers for your willy or John Thomas.
Hooray for your one-eyed trousers snake.
Melifluous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2005, 17:56   #4
smalltalk

Administrators shut forum down on purpose

People are still speculating about the reasons of the latest forum downtime. The officials hide behind alleged technical reasons.

Rumor says, this is just a badly disguised excuse. The real reason is different:

After CDZ has repeatedly been raided by notorious spammers, the admins decided to teach the offending persons a drastic lesson: they shut the forum down on purpose, to give the people an idea of how it feels to be banned.

More informed people however say, that a new spam filter was installed for testing. Unfortunately the software was too smart - it preemptivly denied access to everybody.
Old 16-06-2005, 20:02   #5
Whomp
King

Editorial PageIt's time to tell the truth about The Admins at CDZ. Let's get down to business: It's our responsibility to serve on the side of Truth. That's the first step in trying to give peace a chance, and it's the only way to operate on today's real -- not tomorrow's ideal -- political terrain. The Admins at CDZ dreams of a time when they'll be free to change the course of history. That's the way it's planned it, and that's the way it'll happen -- not may happen, but will happen -- if we don't interfere, if we don't seek liberty, equality, and fraternity. Although I can no more change the past than see the future, it's safe to say that I have never been in favor of being gratuitously merciless. I have also never been in favor of sticking my head in the sand or of refusing to grant people the freedom to pursue any endeavor they deem fitting to their skills, talent, and interest. Anyway, that's it for this letter. Let The Admins at CDZ read it and weep. We want front page news.

Signed,

Banned and Spammed
Old 16-06-2005, 20:32   #6
Mistfit
King

The only thing you are missing in there Whomp is...

"building a bridge to the future"
and
"1,000 points of light"

You could have been a speech writer for George Sr.
Old 16-06-2005, 21:08   #7
Whomp
King

Oh yeah...well this is what I have to say to you Mister Mistfit.
Parts of what follows below were actually painful to write. However, because of the ongoing misinformation campaigns launched by Mr. No Soup for you Mistfit and his grunts, I feel it is my duty to write this. Before I launch into my rant, permit me the prelude caveat that several things Mistfit has said have brought me to the boiling point. The statement of his that made the strongest impression on me, however, was something to the effect of how the cure for evil is more evil, eye for an eye and all. Even so, he somehow manages to maintain a straight face when saying that he is the one who will lead us to our great shining future. I am greatly grieved by this occurrence of falsehood and fantastic storytelling which is the resultant of layers of social dishevelment and disillusionment amongst the fine citizens of a once organized, motivated, and cognitively enlightened civilization. It's shocking just how irritable Mistfit can be. And while we're on the subject, if you're the type who dares to think for yourself, then you've probably already determined that Mistfit's claim that the ideas of "freedom" and "revisionism" are Siamese twins is factually unsupported and politically motivated. I would like to close by saying that a common thread runs through most of Mr. No Soup for you Mistfit's utterances, a thread so subhuman that it disgusts me nearly to the point of physical illness.
He he...
http://www.pakin.org/complaint
Old 16-06-2005, 21:35   #8
Mistfit
King

Old 16-06-2005, 21:50   #9
Whomp
King

Grahamiam deserves credit for that one. I thought it was timely to bust it out again.
Old 23-11-2005, 12:09   #10
Shabbaman
Administrator

I can add news to the front page now, so if you have a suggestion post here. No spam though