Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Ladder section
Home

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 01:12   #1
WildFire

Default Complaints about slow play

This is a request to either have CivGeneral kicked off or put on heavy mega time probation. Why I'd want this to happen:

1) He takes 4+ days to play/send the game (ask puwen too)

2) Its like when I ask him to play it, he just doesn't want to.

3) Visit the SG forum of CFC and u can see that he signs up for many games and hardly ever follows through. Tonight, Chieftess had to YELL at him so that he would play it. At 7:30 EST, he said he was gonna do 5 turns tonight and 5 tomorrow. He was in the chat pratically all day.

4) In relation to #3, he shows NO RESPONSIBILITY.

5) I am gonna get links
Old 07-09-2003, 02:32   #2
CivGeneral

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by WildFire

This is a request to either have CivGeneral kicked off or put on heavy mega time probation. Why I'd want this to happen:
1) He takes 4+ days to play/send the game (ask puwen too)
This is not true, I am in College which takes a bulk of some of my time away from the computer

2) Its like when I ask him to play it, he just doesn't want to.
This is not true. I am willing to play the save

3) Visit the SG forum of CFC and u can see that he signs up for many games and hardly ever follows through. Tonight, Chieftess had to YELL at him so that he would play it. At 7:30 EST, he said he was gonna do 5 turns tonight and 5 tomorrow. He was in the chat pratically all day.
Hey, I had to Down Patch to V1.21 to play that SG. Plus I am only in one SG. Plust I have done my 10 turns already

4) In relation to #3, he shows NO RESPONSIBILITY.
I do have Responsibility

5) I am gonna get links
That does not make sense.
Old 07-09-2003, 02:35   #3
Chieftess

Just some input...

First, WF, you do have a tendency to troll CG just to get him emotional, and you seem to feed on that.

On the other hand, CG can't concentrate. He's doing too many things at once when he barely has time for them, leading him to forget what he's doing.

Quote:
quote:This is not true, I am in College which takes a bulk of some of my time away from the computer
CG, I think that's just the problem. That's one reason I never went to Apolyton for so long - I was in college. You're trying to be in the demogame, succession game, and a PBEM, all while being at college. Look at Falcon, he doesn't have time for everything. You want to be a chemist/pharmacist, right? That's takes some studying. You really need to learn focus.
Old 07-09-2003, 02:40   #4
Ehecatl Atzin
Part-timer

Chieftess? that you? (Sorry for thread-jacking )
Old 07-09-2003, 02:45   #5
CivGeneral

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Chieftess
CG, I think that's just the problem. That's one reason I never went to Apolyton for so long - I was in college. You're trying to be in the demogame, succession game, and a PBEM, all while being at college. Look at Falcon, he doesn't have time for everything. You want to be a chemist/pharmacist, right? That's takes some studying. You really need to learn focus.
Chemist. That is why I whent to the Judicary in the Demogame. And why I am in 1 SG and I limit myself to 2 PBEMs at Max.
Old 07-09-2003, 02:47   #6
Zarn

Wildfire, you are being rash with CivGeneral. It was uncalled for. You wanted to upset CG.

CG, don't let other people get to you. Remember that Curt always tried to get under my skin, but you told me that I shouldn't let him do that. I didn't. I'm fine. He's banned. Like CT said, College takes alot of time. I should know. I'm in one myself. I also have a job, and family to keep in touch with. I'm sure you have others things, too. Make sure you don't bite more than you can chew. We aren't superheroes, CG. We are just people. You got to remember that.
Old 07-09-2003, 04:21   #7
jack merchant

Totally off-topic for this thread (but hey, that's allowed here ), but welcome to CDZ you all !
Old 07-09-2003, 15:26   #8
DrAlimentado

Hi Zarn and CT (CT.. I know you've posted here before but that thread was locked and buried before I could say hi )

WF - I think you need to be a bit more diplomatic about this, your post is close to doing nothing more than launching a personal attack on CG. Whilst I can understand some frustration on your part CG is not the only person here to slow games to the point of death! The question does also beg as to why you started a 2nd game after being burned by him a first time...
Still, you have a point, but if you could make it in a nicer way it would be less contentious. Or make it in private, chat to the ladder admins or send them an email if you want to vent

CG - what I don't understand is why you are so keen to start PBEM's when it appears you have no time to play them. I am not the fastest PBEM-er here by any means but as a rule of thumb you either need to play a turn a day minimum or get online and do some 'powersessions' now and again. Preferably both. Any less than that and games go from taking months to finish, to years to finish! And that's just silly. I would suggest you think hard about what time you have to commit to pbem and if you can't make time then don't over-commit yourself.

The ladder admins need to adjudicate on this game to see if CG has been too tawdry returning turns and if WF gets a win, and although that's as far as the mechanism goes at the moment we perhaps also need to think about at what point we evict someone from the ladder for continual non-playing of games.

Old 07-09-2003, 16:48   #9
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

ahem, CG, then you play against me and WF and that is it for your PBEMs? only these two????
Old 07-09-2003, 16:58   #10
anarres
anarchist butcher

Well, WildFire did approach me in private to tell me about how he was unhappy with the rate of progression in this game. I told WildFire he needed to post in the Ladder forum for something to happen about it (since I am not a Ladder Admin it would be inappropriate for me to do anything about it).

The style of WildFire's post is a little harsh, but the point raised is not necessarily invalidated by this. CivGeneral and WildFire played a game before which was abandoned by CivGeneral. WildFire didn't claim a win but let that game drop with no ladder consequenses.

If CivGeneral is sincere in his desire to carry on playing this game then maybe a comprimise can be reached where both players can agree to 1/turn day average, and if this can't be maintianed on a weekly basis the other player can claim a win. I think this would be a fair set of conditions for any game.

In any case, this can be resolved amicably - there is no need for anyone to get annoyed or pissed off about it. Playing Civ is meant to be fun after all.