Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Kings of Chaos
Home

Old 14-07-2005, 21:39   #21
DrAlimentado

Banzai - you had better still be playing!

I hadn't even considered the possiblity that you might not play again - I want my no.1 officer in age 5!

DrAlimentado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2005, 11:32   #22
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

stillin doubt wether I'll play in age 5. The 4 times a day log in to spent my money is becoming hard for me atm. If I'll join I'll be playing humans for sure. If the goldhunter starts including a one shot buyer that would make chances for me to participate increase.

Don't count on me to generate a lot of clicks though. I tried a few times this age and it was more time consuming than I can spare. I dont suspect that will improve with a baby around.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2005, 19:05   #23
Mistfit
King

Any word when the change will take place?
Old 20-07-2005, 19:14   #24
DrAlimentado

PP- oneshot buyer has been released as a stand-alone utility for a week or so already its a little rough but works good.

The next release (this w/e) has combined both apps into one just to share the big DLL and common code. It also has spy-logging working, I doubt I'll have the central db part up and running by then but I might hack in a quick routine so we can load eachothers spylogs and share them that way for the moment

hopefully thats enough to persuade you to stay!

Old 21-07-2005, 00:41   #25
flux

i will be under errikk this age cos im not as active as him

cheers flux
Old 22-07-2005, 08:23   #26
Energy
Chieftain

Sign me up!! I love to try out this game. Seems pretty cool. I already got an account (Bas_the_dwarf, try to guess which race I am?). And I'm all ready for age 5.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 17:35   #27
Mistfit
King

The waiting for the end of the age is no fun

My plan for the new age is to spend all of my money initially on bumping unit production.

Keep all of my clicked men as untrained until I get atleast up to 320 per day.

I'd like to try for the 640 but that may need to wait until I go Postal and start attacking people.

After that is done I will work on DA and Sentry until I feel confident that I can hold some gold.

Then Bump Spy and SA Last

I'm prolly going to wait 1 to 1.5 months before I attack anyone. I figure there is no reason to attack anyone until I can get good cash from them. Why spend an attack turn getting 150,000 when I can wait a month and get 10,000,000.
Old 09-08-2005, 17:11   #28
romeothemonk
King

Ok, I am here. Should I be orcs again? I am leaning towards it. (I like attacking)
I will be probably following Mistfits plan for domination, and bank a bunch of turns.
I have/will add my little brother who will be good for ~500 clicks per day as well. He will be able to start up around August 21st or so, as he is moving to Wisconsin for Grad School.
Orc's attacking ability is awesome, but for the slow bank start maybe dwarves are better. Any opinions?
I don't want to use the overplayed humans.
Old 09-08-2005, 18:31   #29
DrAlimentado

I think Dwarves could be good if you are planning on having a relatively large TBG (ie. you will be doing a lot of clicking) and you intend to train down your army for the most part. If you go for getting the very top defensive upgrades (extremely hard work!) and you have a trained down dwarf army then you are nigh-on invulnerable, and that could be very attractive - but getting the top defensive upgrade (Hand Of God) will be a bitch.

Of course as with any non-orc choice of army when you come to attack you will have less targets you can hit at your size, but with KoCUtility hunting up targets that maybe isnt such an issue

Anyway, I think Dwarf could play well but only if you click a lot at the start.

Old 09-08-2005, 21:45   #30
romeothemonk
King

Seeing as dwarf is underrepresented, I will decide to go dwarf.
I think I can handle heavy early clicking. Then train a huge # of sentries, then Tech to a HoG. No one will want to attack a dwarf in a HoG, especially if they can't see my gold total.