Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Tubby Rower's Slacker Kingdom
Home

Old 31-05-2006, 13:15   #51
Tubby Rower

Ok new update after a long time....

DaveMcW and grs have been gobbling up lesser civs and turning them into vassal states. I gifted iron to Theoden (being terrorized by DaveMcW) and Dave questioned me on it via PM. I tried PM'ing him back but his box was full so I posted in the main thread my response http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpo...&postcount=868 I couldn't have been so bold in my retort if I wasn't in my isolated position and get away with it. Although I'm sure that I'll hear from him in the future. George is still toying with Kuningas (Russia) so robboo and I have stepped in an will finish him off quickly.

Whomp, RobiD, robboo, George, and myself are starting to join together to attempt to take out Dave and grs. it won't be soon but it will end up in a big showdown. Dave and grs both have 7+ cities and maintenence has to be killing their research. I'm not sure how they are dealing with it. Dave was smart to convert Regentman in to a vassal state called greater Mongolia . That's the whimpy way out. I told Theoden that if he did that I'll never deal with him again. Hopefully he'll go down fighting and not give Dave an easy way out of his maintenance problems. From what I understand Regentman is told what to research, what to build, and has to give over a good chunk of his gpt to Dave. I think that this is on the verge of exploitish. but I'm not going to complain as it's an agreement between Dave and RM.
Old 31-05-2006, 13:23   #52
Shabbaman
Administrator

Wow. If you basically have to play your vassal turns for another player, why even bother? How does Regentman think to get out of that? Bizarre.
Old 31-05-2006, 13:33   #53
Tubby Rower

I don't know.... Regentman seems to be week and I guess might have some sort of hope for a shared victory or an uprising in the future. We have inquired about how he'd feel about being liberated but his response said that he would welcome it but he seemed like he was happy where he was in a beaten down slave type of way.
Old 31-05-2006, 13:35   #54
Shabbaman
Administrator

Shared victory? What's this game about then? It's just a chaos game, isn't it?
Old 31-05-2006, 13:40   #55
Tubby Rower

yup but Fascism enables permanent alliances and then you could share a victory with your perm. ally.

Oh btw, I've got all of my resources hooked up. I have 4 cities and am currently putting camps on all of the beavers . I didn't realize that a Finacial civ can get a bag of gold out of beavers. I guess pimping does pay off. I also have confusionism is 2 of my cities and will be spreading it to the others soon.
Old 24-07-2006, 12:46   #56
Tubby Rower

Long time no update. Here goes...

I have 5 cities (2 tundra) and am the financial power house of this game. I have an average number of troops. The alliance with robboo (Chinese) and GeorgeOP (French) has expanded to Sigma (America) as well. So now I have no borders with anyone other than an ally. So that has allowed me to develop my infrastucture. I can out-research anyone in the game and have been for some time now.

Here is where it gets interesting.... DaveMcW and grs went on a conquering spree with Keshicks and axemen. They pretty much conquered everyone in the north. so the 9 teams south of their borders formed an alliance to not trade techs with them, share techs freely, and take them out. well the eastern guys (Whomp, BCLG, RobiD, mauer, and Meleager/Matrix) have been taking it to grs. he's down to 4 cities now. us western guys had to finish off Kuningas first and are now tromping through Mongol (DaveMcW) territory. So with the end of "The Great War" in sight, the grande southern alliance is starting to show some signs of what's to come.

RobiD has been feeling out robboo about attacking me. Whomp and mauer contacted me last night and was talking about them attacking BCLG and me getting George or Sigma to help me attack Robboo. I asked them about RobiD and Meleager and Whomp said that they are "solid allies". I thought about HT and was about to respond, that my allies are formidable . Anyway, we think that the eastern guys don't know that our alliance has been in place from the start and hasn't shown any signs of faltering. If any of my allies attack, I'm done for and will likely die within 5 turns. So with that, I'm in the process of formulating a plan to get Whomp, Robi and Meleager to attack BCLG. ~ 5-10 turns after they declare, I'm going to get George, Sigma, and Robboo to attack RobiD and/or Meleager while I traverse the seas and attack Whomp by sea. This could work, but we'll have to make peace with DaveMcW instead of killing him completely.
Old 30-08-2006, 15:49   #57
Tubby Rower

Ok it's been awhile and time for an update.

grs has put up quite the fight. He lasted for a really long time and I was impressed with the amount of forces that it took to take him down. The Eastern guys (Whomp, BCLG, Robi D, & Meleager) were the ones fighting him. We only had really 3 people fighting Robboo, George & Sigma. I threw some troops at Dave's cities up north by attempting a coastal invasion, but that failed miserably. Sigma vacated since Aug 1 and missed a bunch of turns. Robboo & George's forces were decimated by Dave. So the three of us made peace with DAve and then I declared on Sigma after I gave him a 3 day warning by PM and via email @ CFC.

Now Whomp et al are asking for Physics and Railroad. I'm not giving them up for free since the "southern Alliance" treaty is over. Whomp wrote me a PM today trying to figure out what's going on. So I'm hoping that we can stall/ distract him for a while.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:27   #58
Tubby Rower

I've stirred the pot again...

Whomp, Robi D, & all of the easterners wouldn't trade me for rails. I got out of Whomp last night that it was because they wanted me to self-research Bio. Well screw that. So I traded rails to DaveMcW (the one that most people hate in this game) for Bio. It was a bit lop-sided in his favor, but I'm expecting something in return for it soon.

Robi D has been beating the war drums and has some units in the middle of my land. We just recently re-signed a OB agreement so I can't cancel it yet. I have artillery, machine gunners, and destroyers over him. Soon I'll have flight as well. George closed his borders with Robi so that they didn't have free reign over coming through his territory. I have 3 destroyers that should be able to handle any sea invasion. I have been building MG'ers and artillery. George said that he had 4 rifles, 4 cavs, and 4 cannons at his borders. I don't believe that there are any land routes for him to quickly get to me.

Whomp will get in on it too. I told Whomp last night that if Robi attacks me I'll be forced to defend myself in the best way possible and that is to gift DaveMcW up to tech-parity with me and get him in on the war. Whomp told me that that would bring this to another world war. I told him that it is in their hands. I'm willing to lose this game (which I will likely do if Robi attacks) by at least controlling who wins.

Whomp said that they were shocked by the way that we just cut off techs flowing to them. Well crap!!! I'm not a welfare building where people come to get techs for free. So the bottom line is that they were trying to stiff me after I stiffed them, but the difference is that I was willing to trade with Dave for 1 tech and they got their panties in a bunch over it.
Old 11-11-2006, 23:53   #59
BCLG100
Deity

I still dont understand why you decided to cut us off like that with no warning?

not in an argumentative type of way but just curious of your reasoning

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
Old 12-11-2006, 00:13   #60
romeothemonk
King

No free lunches!!!

Tubby did the right thing.