Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Site Stuff > Off Topic
Home

Old 10-03-2014, 22:39   #11
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik Meleet View Post
It's not that; it's making sure Quentin is ok that weekend. And he is; grandparents to the rescue.

BTW will there be a before-party on friday-night ?

Grand parentz rulez. Did Quentin already beat Emperor lol?

Before-party, why not. Hopefully we can keep it a bit civilized.
Old 10-03-2014, 22:45   #12
Rik Meleet

In that case I'm thinking of driving after the district competition round (bridge) friday evening around midnight towards Breda. If that's fine with you.

Quentin hasn't beaten Emperor. Hasn't even played any civ (probably 'cause his dad doesn't play anymore).

He does play bridge:

Old 11-03-2014, 01:45   #13
Beam
c00l b33r

Right, it is obvious in your last pic however that Quentin is also teached the ways of Miffy the Iffy lol. Why's that?
Old 11-03-2014, 22:25   #14
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

sorry - broke and absolutely no time to terrorize you all!
Old 16-03-2014, 19:32   #15
Plux
King

it sounds like fun to come although I'm not enjoying civ as a game so much anymore. I also have a CKII installation on my machine, but have tried to play it only once. IT didnt seem like that much fun on first sight Are there any ideas about an agenda for the weekend? I'm in doubt to join because Breda is kind of hard to reach by public transport from my place in Utrecht and I have no car. Would be fun to meet you all again I guess but is it worth the transportation hassle I wonder..

thanks shabba for notifying me
Plux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2014, 21:24   #16
Beam
c00l b33r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plux View Post
it sounds like fun to come although I'm not enjoying civ as a game so much anymore. I also have a CKII installation on my machine, but have tried to play it only once. IT didnt seem like that much fun on first sight Are there any ideas about an agenda for the weekend? I'm in doubt to join because Breda is kind of hard to reach by public transport from my place in Utrecht and I have no car. Would be fun to meet you all again I guess but is it worth the transportation hassle I wonder..

thanks shabba for notifying me
Hey plux, you're very welcome to join the party and don't worry to much about public transportation from Utrecht to Breda cause there is an excellent connection by Brabantliner 401 which leaves from Utrecht CS and has a stop a few minutes walking from my place. Check 9292 for details.

Generally there isn't any agenda, we jsut see what everybody is up to and do so but it might very well be we do not play any Civ at all. Who knows!
Old 20-03-2014, 12:43   #17
Stapel
Emperor

Noted!

I've been thinking about meeting up with many of you on more than one occasion, but never converted any loose ideas into action.

I really look forward to it!

However,
-I will have to play hockey on Sunday 6 April. Though I play in a not too important veterans league these days, it's a match against several fathers of my pupils (for those we don't know, I've been a physics and chemistry teacher for the last 4 years), so I don't want to miss it. Depending on the still disclosed staring time, I guess I can simply leave Villa Beama rather early that day.
-I'm a reserve for an indoor cricket match on Saturday 5 April. I think I can manage to avoid that altogether.

Anyway Beam, is there any chance to start Friday Evening ?

About Civ V..... It runs here on an iMac. Is that of any use?

Oh Beam, did you quit smoking?

Stapel doesn't like cricket

Last edited by Stapel; 20-03-2014 at 12:49.
Stapel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2014, 12:47   #18
Stapel
Emperor

Since posting pics of offspring seems the way to go here......

Meet my grandson:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gio strand.JPG (120.7 KB, 30 views)

Stapel doesn't like cricket
Stapel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2014, 13:46   #19
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stapel View Post
Depending on the still disclosed staring time, I guess I can simply leave Villa Beama rather early that day.
This is a likely scenario for me as well: with the little brat running around there's more than enough to do for me not to need any sport-related excuse to go home. But at least I intend to spend the night at Beam's place. Things I'd like to know:
-what's the plan for saturday, general hour of arrival/start of the festivities?
-do I need to bring my box? Propain asked me to bring some M:TG decks, which I'll happily do (the cards are sleeved and drool-resistant), bringing my box would mean I need the car as well, which'd tie my significant other at home. So far I'm counting Beam's computer, and Propain'll bring his laptop. If there's anybody else (like Stapel) showing up with a laptop I think we'll have more than enough systems for teams
-if there's interest in CK2/EU4, I can access those from my Steam account anyway.
Old 20-03-2014, 23:11   #20
Beam
c00l b33r

Nice you're coming Stapel! How come you have a grandson lol?

To be honest in weekends I am not to occupied with strict schedules so lets say start time for drinking in on Saturday is something like 3 or 4 o'clock. Small pre-party on Friday night is ok with me. At what time do you think you will be here Bas?

I'm not sure CK2/EU4 runs on a Mac so we might still need another box. Although I have 2 more boxes myself those are far from capable of running a modern game.

@Stapel: I quit smoking couple of years ago and still going strong. The place is smokefree of course but there is a rain free area outside for those with baaaaad habits.