Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Beorn's Wintry Cavern
Home

Old 04-09-2007, 11:53   #1
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Default ***Spoiler*** Darwin's island 6 player FFA

Map by the very Killful Cane. Blarst, sercer, GG, Mithanga and Soul, bug off.

^^

Roster:
- Blarst -------- Persia (picked)
- Soul_warrior -- Russia (random)
- sercer88 ----- Maya (random)
- GreyGamer --- India (random religious)
- Beorn -------- Mongol (random)
- Tar-Mithanga - Hitties (random)
- AI ----------- Rome
- AI ----------- Greece

The Mongolian tribes start this glorious journey on a plentiful BGC, which will be moved from and irrigated. This saga begins at 10 000 BC, giving us a 6 000 years' head start on usual games. The spirits of the North-East winds tell us that the tribes have had a similar reaction as no one settled yet.

The winds whispered the old Gods that some tribes have already been given a village, though of that fact nothing is more certain than the stupidity curse they have set on their leaders.

The first Homo Sapiens of the mongols begin operation "Day Hawk" as they use their superior erect stance to move distances. They left home with promises that great offerings would come to the Mongolian tribes from the chiefs of other tribes, large and small alike.

The first small tribe is spotted to the North, though the Homo Sapiens deem it a superior asset to the mother tribe to explore the hills of grape rather than fu ... find the women of the small village.

Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 01:55   #2
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Just did a start plan calc (isn't everybody in debt to Offa, I mean, seriously?!).

Settle on spot SW of cow, move other to SW of wheat. That's a given. I'll push an early worker first off out of #2, then a not-as-early worker out of #1 that will even out the (hopeful!) 6 turn horseman-settler factory.

First settler would be as late as turn 27 - I know - but the first horseman would be on turn 51, with the 6-turner fully operational not long after 27. #2 will have a 6T warrior-settler thing from 50 onwards.

That will leave me 12 + 8 worker turns (when they start being available off the core 2 for that purpose) to connect horses. Might not be doable but I definitely will try, even if it means cutting some edges really sharp, settling 1 off a better location or sacrificing a worker. From my capital alone, I'd have 2 war, 2 arch, 10 HM (all vets) by turn 111 - comparing to MB&S where at that point I had 5 HM, 6 Jav, 2 warriors grand total. Not that the starts are in any way comparable but I thought I'd toss it in.

I'll keep tinkering around but so far, since #2 will be stuck at 6-7 shields for a long time due to corruption and worker turns, I think that's as big as I can make it. I'll look into skipping the granary off #2 and making more military, though that will highly depend on wether I have both horses and targets nearby. A 10 turn HM-settler might be more profitable than a 6-turn warrior-settler if there is enough baddies to capture.

Only other reason to change the plan would be if I found another 4+fpt nearby. That would be turned into a worker factory ASAP.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:38   #3
BCLG100
Deity

what if you don't have horses near by?

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 02:43   #4
Beorn
Disabled Vet

I'll research wheel at full, shouldn't take long with 2 cities - that is if I don't pop it from a hut in the first place. If I have no horses I'll re-do it all and find a way to make a truckload of archers. Will try to fit 10 spt in capital and 7 spt in secondary city ASAP with no granary and settlers every occasion.
Old 03-10-2007, 22:22   #5
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Turn 14, 2 turns from The Wheel.

The hour of truth is about to come and the mongolian tribes will soon
know wether they have horses about, or not.

Mongolian Homo sapiens have taken full advantage of their superior erect stance. They have strode long and wide to find new villages and were greeted by many as messengers of hope, some even joined as Homo erectus troops or asked for new leadership.

We have met other civilized tribes, though we have found Julius' envoys to be rather on the dumb side, while Mithanga's settlers wasted ancestral farmlands by founding their village right atop of the cattle's natural pastures. Still, they did have a pretty intricate way of picturing things. We sent them a few Homo habilis to teach them how to weild bows, they took the bait - err trade.

Misfortunately, none of them were willing to resettle - unlike the Lybian of Tar Mithanga's Hitties or the Huns of Soul Warrior's Russians. We will soon start to recruit settlers ourselves to remedy to that problem.

Nonetheless, we have started mapping the lands and are quite pleased with how fertile it can be found to be.

Old 07-10-2007, 18:42   #6
Beorn
Disabled Vet

So Mithanga and I came to a border agreement. I don't know wether he intended to rush me with a conscript, but I have 3 at his place so ... he gave me the wheat river and I let him his ivory. We also agreed on exit routes for the warriors at hand and I learned that he's on the writing path. I offered to trade techs but he wants to wait until he has writing in the bin so I can't broker it. Wise in a way but he's not getting Bronze or Iron this way.

Intel also reports that India lies to the East of Rome.

Which brings to the dotmap:

And yes, there are horses in my capital, or just about. This means by turn 42 I'll have a full time 6T horse-settler factory
Old 30-10-2007, 03:48   #7
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Turn 27, equivalent of 2390BC. Red dot is my first city from a native settler: it will do a chopped library and then SoZ.

Library ?!!!!

Oh yes!

Khan Beorn was sparing heads left and right, happy that all the ones he'd previously eviscerated would be recorded down in eternal books for posterity.

More new contacts: the peacemongering indians and the defiant Greeks.

Old 01-02-2008, 22:55   #8
Beorn
Disabled Vet

UPDATE!!

Everyone is met, some of which I struck tech deals with. I'll receive Poly, Curr, Cons, MM from others and research Republic for that. That effectively makes me MA-borne, ready to strip Persia and Greece out of their ancient hole with a shiny senate for "1st round picks", as we say in hockey land. However, I officially will only trade Republic to one guy, so I'll try to buy expensive stuff out of the others before sending it to him for brokering. To make the bluff better, I'm definitely going to delay my revolt by a few turns.

The rest of the world in pictures, this is turn 51 IIRC:

So the plan is: build a wonder, hopefully by then I'll have enough troops for a hostile takeover of the hittites good city locations. That would allow me to reap the wondrous benefits while at war with him. I'll also declare on india and sign Rome in. I'm sure Greece and Persia will also have a reasonable price at that point, with my recent generosity in techs.

Building FP right off the bath worked well for me last game so this is what I'm doing again, SE of the gold hill in the town that works all day.

Building SoZ right off the bath is a new thing however and I hope it pays off because it will also entice Soul & Al. to go aggro on me. Soul is looking for a target, I'm definitely wishing he starts wasting time across the canal to go soften Hittites, but more likley he'll go eat some mayan javs.

There's a canal, not yet visible, between Mayans and Indians.
Old 01-02-2008, 22:59   #9
Beorn
Disabled Vet

http://www.geocities.com/fang_club/lumberjack_song.html