Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > SilentConfusion's Confusing Spam
Home

Old 29-06-2010, 08:59   #21
SilentConfusion
Chieftain

Ok, well I haven't really been updating this. The reason being that over half of the people playing backed out and reverted to AI. It was just my civ and a couple others with the vast majority of my opponents kicked to AI, including Russia who is the only one I had met.

Well I played it out for a while, discovering Copper 1SE of my capitol and I teched wheel>fishing>sailing while building warriors and axes. I pre-chopped all of my forests and when I got Copper hooked up I chopped them all into Axes. When I got Sailing I 2-pop whipped the capitol and transported the Axes over. As my opponent was AI, didn't have to worry too much about him realizing what I was doing with those axes next to his border. With 3 Axes and 3 Warriors I took his Capitol. I should have maybe waited a turn as he was about to found a new city, but I didn't want to risk him whipping another archer and giving me trouble capturing, so I just killed him.

Right about that time, it was the general consensus that the game was just not what it was supposed to be with only a few players playing a bunch of AI. So the game was abandoned. It was surmised that perhaps the island starts (and poor ones at that) had led people to become disinterested.
Old 29-06-2010, 10:14   #22
socralynnek

I guess, we should start another CDZ pitboss soon. The other one is almost over. And we have a very low dropping rate.

It's sad to see a game that one invested a few months ends in such a way...
Old 29-06-2010, 10:31   #23
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentConfusion View Post
The reason being that over half of the people playing backed out and reverted to AI.
That's a problem with playing online, especially in large pitbosses: people have difficulty finding the time or the discipline to keep on playing. And I guess a lot of people get demotivated when they are in (what they think is) an unwinnable situation). If you make someone ragequit you could count that as a win

The solution is to play smaller games with people you know and/or that are known to be thrustworthy.
Old 29-06-2010, 16:26   #24
BCLG100
Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by socralynnek View Post
I guess, we should start another CDZ pitboss soon. The other one is almost over. And we have a very low dropping rate.

It's sad to see a game that one invested a few months ends in such a way...
furiey offered to host one a few weeks ago but not many people wanted to play so it sort of died out

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
Old 03-07-2010, 21:22   #25
SilentConfusion
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCLG100 View Post
furiey offered to host one a few weeks ago but not many people wanted to play so it sort of died out
I would be willing to join a game with you guys. I am very good about playing my turns and I won't quit. I'd hopefully either get beat by you guys but learn something in the process or manage to beat you and feel very proud of myself. I'm betting on the former, but you never know.

I'm in a game currently with BCLG100, who can hopefully vouch that I take my turns and have a good attitude. If you guys are looking to start a game with a small number of active players, I'd be up for that if you'd have me.