Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > grahamiam's forum
Home

Old 22-12-2004, 06:22   #1
grahamiam
Emperor

Default Game over - Romeothemonk vs grahamiam - Beam's map

Map made by Beam. Starting position isn't too good, is it?
We are only up to turn 9, as RL seems to get in romeo's way quite a bit lately.

This is a no-AI game, demigod, with pesky barbs. There are huts around, but i'm not too tempted to pop them right now.

45.46*KB
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2004, 10:47   #2
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

steak all over - must suck to be on a one-component diet
Old 22-12-2004, 21:16   #3
Pastorius
Custard used tile

Lot of beef and river. I ve got 3 cows for one city before - but not with a river to settle on. Kick some monk-y ass

Just put some delicious red meat in the oven myself. It seems all people do these days is playing with cows, so I got hungry.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:32   #4
grahamiam
Emperor

turn 32
moving right along. i got the pump setup and some outside towns setup. researched wheel, horses are distance 9 to the south so i'll try to staggar some towns thru the hills down to it. romeo only has 1 town still, so i'm afraid he's concentrating on workers and bowman, while my army only consists of 4 warriors. guessing, he's building workers to road towards where he suspects i'm located and fanned out bowman. we'll see.

tech's researched:
pottery,
wheel,
BW.
5 turns from WC.

109.72KB

currently building a settler and chopping a barracks in Thebes. hope to spit out vet archers + settlers as i can do 10spt at size 4.5. i'll do 1 archer, then 2 settlers, and repeat or do 2 archers and 1 settler. the only restriction is the speed at which my pop increases. well, at least i got some wine for all that steak

Old 15-02-2005, 05:21   #5
grahamiam
Emperor

wow, can't believe i haven't posted in this spoiler in so long

Romeo and I are cruising along
me ->
him -> [insert bowman smilie here]

ok, we pretty much expanded peacefully, unaware of the other till 1575BC.

Turn 50

94.97*KB

We meet in 1575BC. I rename the warrior on the hill "Harry" and the other one to his SW "Gimp"

84.64*KB

at this point, i wasn't interested at all in picking a fight. i knew my research was ahead of his and I was hoping to delay my GA till i had gotten Monarchy. I also thought that he wasn't ready for his, so I threatened to attack his bowman if he came any closer. I think I actually asked for a tech as compensation . Well, he did steer clear of Harry, but Gimp was able to stay up with another bowman that entered the area a little later. I think I finally pissed him off and he decided to do it, however, i did give him one last chance to turn around. instead, he attacked

104.37*KB

now it's 925BC, and I did have a 1/2 despotic GA and a 1/2 Monarchy GA. He did surge forward and dislodge Harry from the hill on turn 68 or so, but he managed to take 1 bowman and severly damage another, which forced Romeo to retreat as he didn't have enough troops to make a real push.

112.08*KB

by 950bc or so, I used a fiegn to the right with 4 WC's to draw about 7 bowman over to the NE, then ran around the left with about 8 or 9. They were not able to do much damage and are now a little spent, but I have changed his focus from surging forward to protection, allowing me to walk 4 swords up along the hills.

99.27*KB

and i have a little suprise coming in thru the backdoor

61.92*KB

also, on this turn, I finished the Colossus (hand built) while Romeo rushed the ToA with an SGL (we banned rushing the Pyramids with SGL's, along with some other wonders).

Right now, I'm researching CoL which is a mistake, it should have been MM so I could launch galleys at him. My guess is that was the tech he got his SGL with, so now I have to watch out for them.
Old 27-02-2005, 18:44   #6
grahamiam
Emperor

it's over, baby

my WC's regrouped and healed, while support came up from the core. meanwhile, my backdoor (Bender Squadron) has having unnecessary trouble with barbs. got them up to the rear lines just in time for Romeo to concede

my Heli Squadron razed 2 towns (Ashur, pop6 + horses, and Eridu, pop2 + dyes). they were fairly spent but had the intended consequence. looked like Romeo had overplayed to this side, and my reardoor attack would be fairly unopposed. also, with 2 less towns + him in despot vs my Monarchy, the end would have come soon enough. I had 3 towns spitting out WC's every other turn, and another 2 doing one every 4 turns.

Romeo concedes at turn 99.

Old 27-02-2005, 23:21   #7
Pastorius
Custard used tile

Well done. The giant lizard strikes again
Old 27-02-2005, 23:39   #8
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Sure WCs rock, little doubt about it. Seems like a good game!
Old 27-02-2005, 23:47   #9
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Congrats grahamiam! Any comments from Romeo? How about the map btw, liked it?
Old 27-02-2005, 23:49   #10
Plux
King

nice, congrats
Plux is offline   Reply With Quote