Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Site Stuff > Off Topic
Home

Old 22-04-2004, 15:06   #11
Banzai

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Matrix

I'm sorry, it must've hurt
It sure did, but not as much as the accident i had with my tricycle!
I was racing to my neighbours when the front wheel of my tricycle hit the 30 cm high doorstep. I tumbled over and my head hit the doorstep, causing a nice wound. My mother was completely shaken as she pulled me into the car to drive to the doctor but crashed into the car parked in front of her. I must have screamed very hard.

Banzai!
Old 22-04-2004, 15:28   #12
Gothmog

When I was about ten I was fixing my bike... putting on some new gears and adjusting my chain. Had my bike suspended so I could run the pedals to test the gears. I had it all done and was quite happy with my work. I was on my knees and reached up to hit the hand brake on the bike with my left hand, at the same time for some still unexplained reason my right hand drifted towards the bike chain. The middle finger of my right hand made contact with the chain and was dragged up into the the gears to be spiked by the brand new teeth. One of the gear teeth went all the way through, penetrating my fingernail about half way down. My first instinctive tug to free my hand failed and I had to work the pedals in reverse to free my finger.

Luckily I narowly missed the bone, and did no damage to any tendons. I still have minor problems with that nail bed and a mass of scar tissue starting about a cm down from the tip.

On the plus side I wore a giant bandage on the middle finger of my right hand for the next couple months... giving everyone the permanent finger.
Gothmog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2004, 15:35   #13
col
King

On reflection the most painful and stupid moment involved trapping myself in a zip. Yup that zip and yup that part.

The real pain was when I realised that i would have to pull the zip back down again to free myself.
Old 22-04-2004, 15:47   #14
Banzai

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by col

On reflection the most painful and stupid moment involved trapping myself in a zip. Yup that zip and yup that part.

The real pain was when I realised that i would have to pull the zip back down again to free myself.

oops.. sorry
Old 22-04-2004, 15:52   #15
Socrates
Emperor

Hey, col, was it you who played in that movie about Mary ??? Sorry, couldn't resist. I apologize... definitely.

No real injury as for me so far. Some little stuff, but nothing like what happened to all CDZ members. Do PBEM pains-in-the-ass count ?
Old 22-04-2004, 23:05   #16
Cruise

Carrots and beans, Carrots and beans!!
Cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2004, 07:56   #17
Darkness

I was riding an old (and somewhat unstable) bike a couple of years back. Really in a hurry, so I was racing, standing on the pedals and stuff. Then one of the pedals broke... And I kinda hit the metal frame of my bike with my privates... Really painful...
Old 23-04-2004, 10:34   #18
Matrix
Administrator

Ah, such a thing happened to me too once: I was drunk and simply wanted to sit on my saddle...but missed.
Old 23-04-2004, 11:59   #19
yndy
Prince

Mine is also related to the bicycle but I’m not good with the English translation of the bike parts.
* five minutes later
OK, the part I was looking for is the chainring.

So my chain fell and I was trying to put it back (I was like 8-9 years old). I rolled a part of it on the chainring and pushed the pedal to get it into position. But since I did not wanted the bike to leave I had it suspended on my other foot. It was a cumbersome position but I was actually holding the chainring and the entire bike on my foot.

Naturally I pushed as hard as I could and the chainring, just like a chainsaw, cut all the way to the bone of my other leg. Ended up with a 10 cm scar that I still have. Lots of bleeding also.