Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Civilization > General Discussion > Colonization 2
Home

Old 29-09-2008, 10:44   #91
Shabbaman
Administrator

You can't train veteran soldiers, a pity indeed. I lost my first game; well, it's safe to assume that I won't win the war of independence. With only 70 turns to go, I have no military and 25% rebel sentiment. I have 3 elder statesmen in each of my 4 colonies, and the king is adding troops really fast. The English colonies have been obliterated by the English king, heh

I haven't figured out how to get founding fathers. Sometimes I get a popup if I want to add one, but I can't choose one from the founding fathers menu. Not even when I have enough points.
Old 29-09-2008, 11:21   #92
Matrix
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by grahamiam

Congrats to Matrix for being in the manual
How much less do you have to play as a beta tester to not end up in the credits?!

Oh well, cool!
Old 29-09-2008, 11:27   #93
Stapel
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

You can't train veteran soldiers, a pity indeed. I lost my first game; well, it's safe to assume that I won't win the war of independence. With only 70 turns to go, I have no military and 25% rebel sentiment. I have 3 elder statesmen in each of my 4 colonies, and the king is adding troops really fast. The English colonies have been obliterated by the English king, heh

I haven't figured out how to get founding fathers. Sometimes I get a popup if I want to add one, but I can't choose one from the founding fathers menu. Not even when I have enough points.
I kinda have the same experience you had. Puzzled over how to pick founding fathers and puzzled about the enormous addition of Royal troops, even on lower levels.

Stapel doesn't like cricket
Stapel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2008, 12:19   #94
Darkness

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Stapel

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Shabbaman

I kinda have the same experience you had. Puzzled over how to pick founding fathers and puzzled about the enormous addition of Royal troops, even on lower levels.
Where did you guys get the damn game? Dynabyte still doesn't have it at the local store in Rotterdam and neither does MediaMarkt....
Old 29-09-2008, 12:20   #95
Matrix
Administrator

Is it not in the manual? I believe you can even find it in the Civilopedia:
There are several "founding father"-points to obtain and with and adequate amount of points you can get a founding father. Each tiles you explore, for example, gives you exploration points. (As does popping a hut.) When you have enough points for the cheapest available founding father of that type you'll be asked if you want him. If you refuse you keep your points and will be asked if you want the next one in line once you have the necessary amount of points for him.

I'm in for a succession game, by the way. The beta testing period is over - i.e. the game is out and the forum is gone - but I can still play it with Steam. I wonder if this is the way to reward me with the beta testing (which would mean I won't get a signed copy like with Civ3Conquests ) or whether they still haven't deactivated it.
Old 29-09-2008, 13:00   #96
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Matrix

Is it not in the manual? I believe you can even find it in the Civilopedia
I haven't bothered with downloading the manual. One of the downsides of steam... But what you're saying is that you can't pick founding fathers manually, only the ones that are offered automatically.

I love the founding father points-icons in the bottom left of the founding father screen. You can click on them and nothing happens. Great example of sloppy programming.

What's your Steam-screenname? We should make a CDZ group
Old 29-09-2008, 13:05   #97
Matrix
Administrator

MatrixCL

But because my Colonization is for beta testers it has a weird (classified ) name, so it's technically a different application. I hope that doesn't matter.
Old 29-09-2008, 13:35   #98
Stapel
Emperor

@Darkness:
I ordered my copy at BOL.com, about a month ago. Thursday I got a mail it was shipped and friday it was delivered at the office.

@Matrix:
The game is quite clear on how to gather FF-points. However, the way you spend them is a bit weird. FFs are simply offered when available. And what Shabba said: wierd info screen on FF points.....

Other points:
-Te building sequence is quite buggy. Removing buildings that require tools, will generate pop-ups endlessly. The queue simply doesn't work.
-A funny detail is pioneers not actually using tools. I like that, I think.
-The change profession button only being available outside the city screen, is just dumb.... To convert a soldier into a dragoon, inside the city, requires to attach him to a building and then removing him to the garrison.
-Colonies cannot be abandoned. Too bad, but is does keep you from using a scout to build a colony, just to ship your treasure.
-Graphics might be good-looking, but it's impossble to tell if a tile is improved or not.
-Stables and Ranches needing horses to be built, is a good move!
-The IA is still incredibly dumb .

Stapel doesn't like cricket
Stapel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2008, 21:38   #99
col
King

Bought it today.
Old 30-09-2008, 13:59   #100
digger760
King

I read on CFC that is has the dreaded securom...is thsi true?
digger760 is offline   Reply With Quote