Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Civilization > General Discussion > Colonization 2
Home

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-09-2008, 14:37   #11
Stapel
Emperor

I finished my first game yetserday, playing the Spanish. On conquistador level.

A few things:
-My first colony was only 3 tiles away from the English. Somehow I sensed war. However, without doing too much, I was number 1 in score by a wide wide margin. The English and Aztecs hammered eachother. I did spend about 2 or 3 turns on troops building and took over the English in 4 turns. This was way way too easy.
-Before hitting the Independence button, I switched to massive gun production. All moey earnt by trade was converted to veteran soldiers and cannons. Most colonies were producing cannons too. I hit the red button, while having about 40 dragoons (12 veteran), and 40 cannons. The King had 80 dragoons, 80 cannons and over 200 soldiers. Now comes the really crap part: I beat the hell out of the king by losing only a dozen units...... The AI did every thign wrong:
-Bombing colony A to limited defense bonuses, then doing an ambibious attack on colony B.
-The heaviest defended colonies are most attacked.
-When a colony finally reached 0% bonus, the AI would stop attacking for a few rounds
-The rare amfibious attack survivors were constantly dropped ashore the next turn. This is probaly the most stupid. Landing wounded units in pairs, next to dozens of units.
-The attack waves were rather small. Easy to defend and worse:
-The time limit was nearly a problem. After 10 turns of war, the 100 turns warning came in. You'ld say it would be far away, but the AI did take so much time......
-In the end, I won by defeating all Man-o-Wars. The King still had 50 soldiers left (and a few dragoons and cannons). I did save before sinking the last ship, so I will try to find out if I would have made it otherwise. I doubt it!

In all, I must sadly conclude that the AI is incredibly, incredibly dumb. Way dumber than in 1994. It's only winning strategy seems to be not sendoing troops, so they cannot be defeated......

Some questions:
-What is a Europe victory?
-Can I equip colonists with either guns or horses while they are in Europe?

Stapel doesn't like cricket
Stapel is offline   Reply With Quote