Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > KingReno's Forum
Home

Old 28-01-2005, 21:47   #1
Kingreno

Default Kingreno vs Beam # 2 *** SPOILAH ***

Settings, archipelago standard, roaming barbies, demigod.

Beam: Byzantines. Boooooooo
Kingreno: The Dutch!! Ole ole, hup holland hup. Wat zijn die Duitsers stil, wat zijn...uh, sorry.

Map is made by Kemal. Thanx and

The start!

24.07KB

No cow! No wheat! But perspective enough! Most certainly since Beam probably does not have a bonus either meaning my agritrait is even better percentage-wise, producing a whopping 50% more food per turn under our current government. Nonetheless, I showed beam what happens if you do not fully profit from the agritrait in our last game. It can and will backfire in the endgame! It is therefor importnat to land troops in his area as soon as possible. His Dromons need to be taken care of though...we'll see!
Old 28-01-2005, 22:25   #2
ERIKK

No curragh as first unit?
ERIKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 22:08   #3
Kingreno

Yes, even two curragh's as first units!

turn 39. Brave Ducth sailors have ventured out into the world to find out that everyone can be reached by coastal tiles! We find ourselves in the Northwestern part of the world where the evil Byzantines are on our opposite side. To our west are the Romans. The rest is "between" Beam and me. But first things first. Barbs. I hate them. period.
I spotted a barb boat on turn 12 or so, and some warriors a turn later. They had a camp on the only nearby cow!

70.96KB

Luckily the wheat provides a good second citylocation. The Southern warrior defeated both barbs (incl the camp). The northern won his fight too but had to capitulate when a horse appeared a few turns later.
This allowed for the southern cowland to be officially free of barbs and the third city was founded there.
The good news is in techs and exploration. I met the romans very soon and the Mongols a turn later. This netted me som every nice trades. Meeting Iroquois and America a turn later helped again effectively making me techbroker. The Inca were next and they are on the same island as the Iroquois. If they go to war and one wins...it will be a very powerfull civ.
On turn 34 or so Beam met me. Beam the backwards!

60.15KB

Please note I have HBR and Mysticism as well. I am also 12 turns from Philosophy here. I established an embassy.

76.2KB

Beam did meet most of the world. He probably knows Egypt.

54.97KB

Beam is probably doing Math and he might very well make that. If he does he's back in the ballgame. In the meantime I want my island free of barbs and get Philo first. After that it is republic.
The Minimap:

4.78KB

next update will come soon

Old 02-02-2005, 22:16   #4
Rik Meleet

And if you win the Philo race and choose the tech Beam is researching ? By trading that around you delay his catching up.
Old 03-02-2005, 13:16   #5
Kingreno

@Rik, it was a possibility but Beam told me he discovered writing "finaly". That was enough for me to know!

The Iroquois are top dogs in this game. My good friend Kemal gave them a not too bad start (when is the next time I make a map for him, let's see...6 cows for shaka?)

87.32KB

Please remember that both Bean and I did not have any nonusresource at our startingpositions...Hiawattha has 2 cows, 2 Game, gold, Ivory and 4 BG!
But no matter, I am sure The Inca will attack them and ...uh...win?

On the Domestic front:

Turn 48!

21.59KB

We got there and we got there first. Now the Iro and the Inca know Mapmaking. The rest of the world know nothing I don't know. I had to choose between CoL and Poly, the first being more usefull the second having some more value. I chose:

21.03KB

As beam is now a Grand Canyon behind (which he will make up naturaly) I want Literature next, for the simple reason Iro and Inca will not pick that yet so I can trade again. Why no Republic? Well:

82.25KB

My empire is simply too small for that. It will have to wait till after literature.

Old 04-02-2005, 15:56   #6
Kingreno

NOT GOOD!

First, beam caught up completely comming LEVEL with me. well, at least I am leading the republicrace by at least 10 turns. Aceeptable but not as good as it was. I "should" have traded Lot arround but I had to wait for more then a few gold to come up. oh well. There ARE worse things.

80.69KB

The Mongols (we are at peace...) land an archer next to freakin Amsterdam.

I join a woker, and move the just produces galley with Warrior from Groningen. It fortifies for a nifty 1.85 defense.

72.67KB

As of unkowm reasons:

16.84KB

I cannot ask him to move or declare!

If Amsterdam falls game's over for me.
Old 04-02-2005, 16:26   #7
Kemal

Wow, and to think they are at about the exact other end of the map...

Good Luck!

Btw, don't want too put your spirit down even further.. but I'm pretty sure the fortification bonus - in PBEM at least - doesn't come into play until after a full turn has passed.
Old 04-02-2005, 16:28   #8
Banzai

Oops!

If you warrior is fortified you will have a defense of 2.1 (grassland +10%, city +50%, fortified +25%, attacker crosses river +25%).
Both units have 3 hp, so you have a 52.3% chance to win!

Good luck!
Old 04-02-2005, 16:35   #9
Aggie
Emperor

I had the same in a game vs Jack Merchant, where you can't order a civ to leave just like you experience now. But for me it was by far not so dramatic
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 16:36   #10
Kingreno

57.51KB

Pfffffffffff