Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Site Stuff > Off Topic
Home

Old 30-12-2014, 17:24   #61
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

The more I play DAI, the more I like it. It is very big and long and very well done with brilliant writing and voice acting and very good story for the main questline with multiple ramifications/decision points. The outcomes are very variable and NPCs do quit or die in the process. It is actually quite convoluted.

Now, by about mid-game as where I am, it turns into something similar to Kingdom of Amalur hybrid with Warcraft as combat is becoming more action-style and I don't normally pause it as I think I'm overleveled. However, this is my own fault as I went to some areas where I should not have until much later in the game and manages to gain a couple of extra levels after some very hard battles. But then, you can play is as you wish, it might be played differently. I did have to respec a couple of NPCs due to difficulties in major battles against dragons and that was on normal difficulty. On nightmare, I guess, there would be a need to pause much more frequently in almost every battle.
Old 30-12-2014, 17:30   #62
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

I also started a bit of multiplayer. It is glitchy in its current state but very addictive and quite challenging. Does not rival Mass Effect 3 multiplayer but comes quite close. A bit slower paced though and less precise. What I mean about "precise" is that it is hard to position your character exactly where you want it to be and make him do exactly what you want him to do. Well, I have not mastered that yet probably. Keep in mind that it is essentially a console game. Mass Effect for PC was different from its console versions most due to targeting but DAI is more on the similar side and targeting and line of sight is very console-like. Meaning, it is weird and occasionally unresponsive to controls. There is also a huge amount of stunlock and a lot of attacks stun you or knock you off.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:09   #63
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Been playing a lot of XCom lately. There is a community mod called Long War which effectively triples the material in the game, custom skins, abilities, tech tree, it's gigantic. And glorious. If you've ever loved XCom, this is great. Greater. And some.

I might buy a game or two during the sale, last minute, but I'm still not sold on getting ACU and CivBE right now.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 15:19   #64
Shabbaman
Administrator

I tried to love the new XCOM, but I've come to the conclusion that isometric view reminds me of the eighties.

Did I mention I've played a lot of Payday 2? It's a bad shooter, but it has a lot of depth. I've also been playing Borderlands: the presequel, which is just a reskin of Borderlands 2. It's a bit better as a shooter, but it doesn't have a lot of depth. It's very nice when you like doing a lot of damage.
Old 03-01-2015, 00:04   #65
barbu1977
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
Been playing a lot of XCom lately. There is a community mod called Long War which effectively triples the material in the game, custom skins, abilities, tech tree, it's gigantic. And glorious. If you've ever loved XCom, this is great. Greater. And some.

I might buy a game or two during the sale, last minute, but I'm still not sold on getting ACU and CivBE right now.
Thanks for the heads up. I will look into it
Old 03-01-2015, 21:03   #66
Shabbaman
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabbaman View Post
On an unrelated note, Endless Legend is RPS' game of the year: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014...ndless-legend/
I just spotted grahamiam playing this!
Old 24-02-2015, 12:37   #67
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
I liked Dishonored, I bought that last year. It does play like a console port though. But the art style is good, cartoony works for me.
I finished main game and Daud DLCs on normal, cannot be arsed to play on harder difficulties. Quite funny at times, but I frequently run out of patience and start killing guards left and right messing it up. I think I finished 2 or 3 missions only without killing anybody.
Old 27-02-2015, 20:27   #68
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Quote:
I just spotted grahamiam playing this!
Bought it during sale and played one game. I think it's a nice game from what I saw. Will play more when I have a bit more time in a few weeks. The game could use a toned down tile set though, sometimes it's a bit hard to see stuff cause all the graphic details are getting in the way.

I've bought SanctuaryRPG in a daily deal 2 weeks ago. I can really recommend this game. It's an ASCII roguelike, with a good story and a really good battle system with surprising depth. This game shows it is possible to make a game that will suck you in without HD graphics. They did put quite a lot of effort in their ASCII art though. Friendly priced at € 8,- as well.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2015, 14:57   #69
Shabbaman
Administrator

I bought Dying Light. Or rather, I was forced to buy it. I don't like horror games, but this reminds me more of Fallout than of L4D. And did I mention my re-emergent Football Manager addiction?
Old 04-03-2015, 22:01   #70
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

How were you forced into buying dying light?
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote