Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Ehecatl Atzin's Teocalli
Home

Old 04-08-2003, 20:16   #1
Ehecatl Atzin
Part-timer

Default Jack Merchant vs Ehecatl Atzin --SPOILERS--

Another pbem! this one against Mr. Merchant himself! He plays the koreans and I act out this play as the mongols. I've never played with them before so this should be interesting
And now for the obligated pic, my starting point:

21.33KB

Yes, those are 3 squirels..or what ever those nasty critters are So I could use them for trades later on, if I don't conquer my neighbours first that is
Ehecatl Atzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 22:17   #2
Ehecatl Atzin
Part-timer

FUCK FUCKITY FUCK FUCK! look at this!:

26.29KB

The zulu are 3 tiles from my capital city! Good thing it's not their capital, just a city, most likely obtained by means of a goodie hut, those bastards! Now I shall have to take it from them Not a single hut for me yet, this expansionist thing sucks if you can't get huts....blah
I was going to swith production soon to settlers and scouts, but now I have to build up a small warrior party to take down that zulu city, hopefully they are far enuff from me to want peace later on and not send their shaka-dogies after me.
Old 09-08-2003, 22:20   #3
anarres
anarchist butcher

That's very risky, taking them on now!
Old 09-08-2003, 22:35   #4
Ehecatl Atzin
Part-timer

I know but now they know where my capital is, and Shaka isn't very nice to me, he's annoyed. I could wait until iron working, hopefully have iron hills under a city radius and fight him off then. Since I think it's a far off city, it's most likely corrupt and can only build warriors slowly, so hopefully it's only defended by one, hopefully. What should I do? go into war or keep the peace?
Old 10-08-2003, 07:55   #5
Aggie
Emperor

Keep the peace until you have created a nice core. You MUST have other lands you can grab first. Expansion through settling is very important in the early game!
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 00:53   #6
Ehecatl Atzin
Part-timer

Hmmmm.... thanks to Aggie and Anarres those floodplains won't absorb zulu blood anytime soon. But mark my words, I shall enslave the zulu people! they shall all tremble and fall before me! And I'll have Shaka's head on a pike!!
Old 26-08-2003, 07:36   #7
Ehecatl Atzin
Part-timer

Update--

FUCK THOSE BARBS!!...they've killed _all_ my scouts...FUCK THEM TO HELL!

That's all.
Old 05-09-2003, 20:40   #8
Ehecatl Atzin
Part-timer

I have seen Mr.Merchant, but I do not think he knows where I am, my scout was on top of a mountain and a lonely, scantly clad grunt in blue poped-up. We inmediatly began trading:

I traded Iron working for alphabet and the wheel. I usually don't like trading iron working, but everyone in my part of the continet has it (zulu and romans) and Jack's warrior would eventually reach them, so better me than them. I then traded alphabet to Zulu for 90 gp, again, Jack would have sold it to them eventually.
Then I offered him contact with the zulu and romans, he placed contact with the celts and vikings, I accepted. Immediatly after I discovered the aztecs (6 tiles from where Jack's warrior was!) and traded alphabet for mysticism. Aparently, Jack doesn't have contact with them...lucky me Then I traded mysticism to the celts for masonry. After that I offered mysticism and masonry to Jack, he said he doesn't have anything to trade them for. So aparently I am two techs ahead of Jack... aparently, I think he's hiding something from me, or he traded with another AI for it, but then I looked thru the AI's and none of the ones that have mysticism and masonry have another tech or more money (to indicate a trade ocurred). Or maybe I really am two techs ahead of him.
Old 05-09-2003, 21:09   #9
Aggie
Emperor

You are still very early in the game. 2 techs in front doesn't mean that much. Even 7 techs in front says nothing. He could catch up in one trun by discovering a tech that the AI doesn't like to research. Such as mathematics.
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 21:47   #10
Ehecatl Atzin
Part-timer

I know, it's just the first important thing that's happened in the game