Prince

Default annareswolf Den ->Spoiler<-

We're now at turn 30. The only thing to report is:

29: glimpse of a purple civ.

38.27KB
Old 15-08-2003, 20:30   #2
yndy
Prince

Turn 30 something. Contact with India. Trade Masonry for two workers. Found Canton near the cow. Start on another settler in Shangai.

Edit: Name of cities. Building settler not warrior. Two more turns played. A barb approaches my undefended cities and workers but then leaves. Probably had more important things to do.
Old 17-08-2003, 17:09   #3
yndy
Prince

Turn 37: I also built Nanking and I'm working on a Granary in Canton now. I'm desperately low on warriors and workers and Shanghai revolted once.
Old 19-08-2003, 16:49   #4
yndy
Prince

Turn 40+. Like I wrote in the open thread I met annares. His warrior was fortified on the other side of a strait as he saw the border of an Indian town. But India never sent a unit on its shore.

I tried to convince annares to trade a lot with me, including the wheel, which India lacks and a contact of his. He refused on the grounds that I don't own the tech I offer (alphabet, writing). I bought Alphabet next turn and asked for the wheel, offering two techs. annares refused and instead bought alphabet (cheaper as I had it). He refused any subsequent trading.

I don't really like this as he can get contact with India anytime an Indian worker or warrior moves to the tiles on the coast. If he manages to do that I'm in big trouble as he will have a middle man position and keeps me out of the loop in the same time.

*eager to see what happens next*
Old 19-08-2003, 16:52   #5
ERIKK

hmmm..., sounds like you might be fucked indeed...

Will you post any overview maps please?
ERIKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2003, 17:57   #6
yndy
Prince

Update

79.16*KB

64.79*KB

I circled with red the point annares warrior guards and with green the tile he can see.
Old 14-09-2003, 06:50   #7
yndy
Prince

Turn 61: annares and I managed to make a deal after long negotiations and whining on both parties. He sent word that the guys who told me he's a tough negotiator are assholes and even worst. .

The deal was that we shared contacts and he threw writing for my warrior code. He managed to research mathematics in 18 turns and sold it to both AIs (I didn't wanted it). I let him understand that I have another monopoly contact that I'm not going to share and he bought it. The fact is that I'm seriously behind tech-wise and only a map trade would pull me out.

I'm building a tight ring around my palace but it's going slow. On the other hand there's plenty of land to settle between me and India.

I'm planning to open an embassy with Carthage to see how they get along on the other continent. I would even consider an embassy with annares now that we know that stealing is pretty efficient.
Old 26-10-2003, 05:10   #8
yndy
Prince

Since annares wrote something, I though I'll give you my side of the story as well. The game is progressing slow and it's my fault basically.

I got only a dozen of coins for my world map. I also got territory maps and not the world one so I can only guess where annares is.

Now at 875BC I have not completed my expansion phase and I'm also still building warriors for a later offensive against India. After annares took advantage of me buying techs from the AI only to buy them cheaper afterwards, I stop trading tech completely. So in 875 I still lack the wheel and mysticism but just bought Code of Laws and Pilosophy after annares ( I know he's going for Republic). I started a min research for Republic which I might increase after annares discovers it.

I also attach an F3 picture

50.4KB
Old 30-11-2003, 08:34   #9
yndy
Prince

Update at turn 118 - 210BC

Still not done with the expansion phase but getting close. I built the FP (try to see on map) and I've been an Republic for a while. The good thing is that ...

63.46*KB

I found the other continent. I got the techs I was behind for the world map. A Galley of annares scouted around. My cities have built some marketplaces and are now fully geared towards Horsemen. I hope for more good news in the future. The bad part is that I don't know where annares is and what is he doing.

Oh and this is a G R E A T map. Thank you.
Old 29-12-2003, 06:35   #10
yndy
Prince

Update at turn 131 (50AD)

Given the look of the map I am preparing for an assault on annares. I have triggerred my golden age by attacking the Indians and now I am building troops and ships for an assault over the sea.

annares still does not know the other continent and according to my calculations is getting close to Military Tradition. (he should have chemistry by now). He also has 3 galleys patrolling my shore. I bet he has some units there for a quick sneak attack.

Techwise I do not have Invention but I have Theology, traded with the other continent.

37.73KB