Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Markstar's lair
Home

Old 17-08-2005, 22:22   #51
Markstar
King

Turn is in, moved the warrior south as requested, also started roading the wine since even irrigating the cow now would not make a difference but this way will can keep our taxes low when growing to size 3+.

Here a little overview...

55.47KB

@Whomp: Any comments are of course welcome and please tell me if you want to play the turn!!!

Next move west?
Markstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2005, 22:41   #52
Whomp
King

Yes next move should be west.
Man, we have a lot of forest chops ahead of us.
I will check the email box tonight when I get home. Sorry for forgetting to do this.

Do you have any concerns about knocking the pop down to 1 instead of making a gran? Once we road the wines that cow and its commerce will be very helpful. City 2 on the coast on the plains for curraghs?
Old 17-08-2005, 23:35   #53
Markstar
King

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Whomp

Yes next move should be west.
Man, we have a lot of forest chops ahead of us.
Yes, indeed. We'll need a nice workforce to accomplish the job. Otoh we will be able to rush some buildings because of it.

Quote:
quote:I will check the email box tonight when I get home. Sorry for forgetting to do this.
Don't worry about it. I was just concerned because I didn't want to "take over" the game and give you the chance to play the save as well (if you'd want to).

Quote:
quoteo you have any concerns about knocking the pop down to 1 instead of making a gran? Once we road the wines that cow and its commerce will be very helpful. City 2 on the coast on the plains for curraghs?
Actually my thought was that we would found the second city on the other gold mountain to finalize our victory on the Philo race. If we were to found the city on the plains I would suggest building a granary first. Otoh that would have meant that building a worker first might have been the better idea.
Old 18-08-2005, 06:21   #54
Whomp
King

No, no. That works let's stay with the plan to get philo.
BTW I got into the mailbox no problem.
Old 19-08-2005, 15:43   #55
Markstar
King

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Whomp

BTW I got into the mailbox no problem.

Next turn was in - more flood plains!

22.29KB

Imho it's obvious; move S next, right?
Old 19-08-2005, 20:04   #56
Whomp
King

Yep. Keep him rolling along the mountaintops.
Old 25-08-2005, 20:59   #57
Whomp
King

Contact!!

From Darkness: we just met in the 16+ game.
Wanna trade?

From me: Aha. I believe that we can work together for mutual benefit. What are your thoughts?

His return reply
From Darkness:

My thoughts exactly

I've just sent on the save and I emailed a greeting to your civant-email adress. In this greeting there is also a trade proposal. Exchanging our starting techs. We'll give you warrior code, and you'll give us pottery. That should be an excellent trustbuilder and we can move our plans from there (shared research)?

Darkness

There are way too many good teams out there for us not to have an immediate alliance with these guys. What are your thoughts on his proposal? I think if we can counteroffer that they research a harder "next" tech versus our "next research would be a good plan. What do you think?
Old 25-08-2005, 23:22   #58
Markstar
King

Mmh, got the email as well. Sounds good, especially since we cannot really afford an early war against Rome.

However, they benefit more from Pottery than we benefit from WC (as you realize as well), therefore we should indeed bundle the deal with a longer lasting relationship as Darkness suggested. Seems we agree on this so why don't you go ahead and reply to his proposal (whatever you feel is appropriate ).

About playing the turn: I would still suggest moving the warrior S. Furthermore, the instead of the cattle we should work a river forrest (more shields but we will still grow).

And we still need a better capital name, I suggest "Alliance Headquarters".
Old 25-08-2005, 23:48   #59
Whomp
King

Sounds good on moves and I would assume we can use the forest on occassion. There's no reason to end with 21 or 22 food.

As far as research goees we have a bit of a dilemma. They are either heading down the same path as us or they are going for BW/IW.

Without giving our hand what do you think is the best way to position it? Just say I'll show mine(current research path) if you show yours?

There is the possibility if we are both headed down the alpha path we could recommend one of us goes for CoL and finishes before the other team who goes Philo for a sling. What do you think?

Amsteralliance?

What time can you be available tomorrow for further discussions?
Here is our latest dialogue.

From me: I won't be home for a bit but do you think you guys would be interested in discussing current research paths? I think there's a lot of leverage for both of us if we can open up this dialogue as well.
Bernie

From Marcel Darkness: I think maybe we should try to schedule a chat with all of us present to discuss these things. Banzai and Krys also have a say in Gremlin affairs. A chat may be the easiest and fastest way to discuss everything with Markstar and you.

But, in essence, we are very interested in cooperation on tech research (and that includes planning/sharing/information on current research), as well as cooperation on other issues (longterm agreements on land division, luxury sharing, etc.).
There's 6 more teams in this game, who knows if the next team we meet is friendly?

From me: 1+1=3 sounds very good for both of us.

What time should we try and schedule a chat? I presume it's a little late today. I'm GMT -5 so anytime after noonish tomorrow works for me.
Bernie

Old 01-09-2005, 09:51   #60
Markstar
King

Our alliance treaty with the Gremlins is about to be finalized. We will be working together hand in hand until only we are left which works perfectly for us. The were one of the most threatening civs for us (early strong UU) and having them as our partner will make things a lot easier I hope.

27.59KB

Interesting, seems that we are also pretty close.

Anyways, we also have to decide what to build next since we will finish our settler next turn. Imho we should start our granary to get things going, workers etc can wait.