Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Whomp's forum
Home

Old 06-04-2007, 20:00   #21
JerichoHill

id rather go warring...it depends on our start tiles...when the first one of us sees all three civs, then we can see what we need

i am eyeing mining/bronze working
Old 06-04-2007, 21:19   #22
Beorn
Disabled Vet

I'm not sure I get how it works, but say we split 2/1 for a while, do you think we still have a shot at either of the 3 early religions?
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:34   #23
Whomp
King

B all three of us can research the same tech and it reduces the research speed. IE if it take 30 turns for one person it would take 10 turns for three. I'm thinking someone is going to straight for the religions.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:17   #24
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Ok so we're not all 3 stuck on the same tech. I take it someone will triple up buddhism and get it, a bit less less likely is someone will go hinduism, but bronze location is important as well, probably much more. We're only 6 teams too, not 18, so i believe splitting up would be beneficial.

We have all starting techs short of mining, which is bad. I don't think we can afford to delay BW too much either.
How about our biggest researcher solo's hinduism while the 2 others go for BW, and when someone gets hindu (us or another) we all side together on BW? I'd gladly take our chances on grabbing a religion. Buddhism will be researched first on the double by a team, we should assume that. Getting that tech for missionaries can wait until later. Netting a religion early can't wait though, because once we are beaten to it we're done for.

After BW, we'll see what terrain tells us to do.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
Old 09-04-2007, 16:05   #25
JerichoHill

I really dont want to chance anything on a early religion. Lacking mining hurts us (sorry guys, bad of me to not see that.

What is the appeal of an early religion? Cultural expansion? We pop the fat cross anyways in our main cities, and we're going to be close together enough as is. AW reduces WW heavily, I believe.

We'll also want to take advantage of our UUs...Mine I think is the last, requiring machinery and civil service.

If we want to go religion, we'll have to triple up. Otherwise its a potential waste of time, and something I'm not thinking we should risk.

AH would be useful to find horses.
BW is useful to see about resources.
Eventually writing to COL to CS to get my stuff rolling.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:23   #26
Beorn
Disabled Vet

If religions get researched on the triple by the other teams, it'll take either 8 or 15ish turns for them to complete both. That is time they waste on not getting bronze themselves. If a single researcher of our team "wastes" these turns on researching a tech we will need one day anyways, it takes away a third of those - 3 to 5 - turns of net research towards bronze. These research turns will be on stock for when we want them and it is a reasonable amount of turns risked, to me. If we do get a religion, we'll be at most delayed by 7 turns on bronze, 7 turns repayed by extra happys and culture for our cities. Culture matters not, but happys can do much if we don't find too many triple luxuries around.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:05   #27
Whomp
King

Being able to peer into our enemies cities helps too but I doubt we'll be able to get missionaries in their cities.
Old 10-04-2007, 15:43   #28
JerichoHill

not with AW
Old 16-04-2007, 03:14   #29
JerichoHill

I am playing a test game with our 3 civs, using BetterAI, right now?
Old 16-04-2007, 04:37   #30
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Forgive my frenchness, but what was the question mark for?