Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Greekguy's forum
Home

Old 31-08-2006, 16:13   #11
greekguy

ok, screenshots are up as links. i don't get why you can't create thumbnails that you click on, or get the full size picture here, but whatever, you can see the pictures now.

edit: finally got a picture to be posted here full size. i'm too tired to do the rest though, but the all other pictures will be full size screenshots as opposed to links in the future.
greekguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2006, 16:26   #12
BCLG100
Deity

just lookin at that first pic i would say you needed a closer build

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 08:05   #13
RegentMan

Calis must like the Celts; he's them in our PBEM game.

If you post a picture with the grid on, I'll suggest a dot map.

Right now, is it safe to say you and bath are buds?

Is classical on his own island? If so, has he shown any signs of a massive immortal landing?

Sorry for all of the questions...
Old 01-09-2006, 15:13   #14
greekguy

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by RegentMan

Calis must like the Celts; he's them in our PBEM game.

If you post a picture with the grid on, I'll suggest a dot map.

Right now, is it safe to say you and bath are buds?

Is classical on his own island? If so, has he shown any signs of a massive immortal landing?

Sorry for all of the questions...
yeah, bathsheba and myself are good allies, just like i said, i'm worried his limited space for land might cause him to attack me down the line. also, classical does have his own island, and i'm pretty sure he has more than 10 cities (he posted it somewhere in the game thread at CFC). lastly, i already have made a dotmap for my planned settler explosion, i'll put it up here in a few minutes.

edit: here it is.

the red dot is a city i have already founded, the gray dot is a maybe, and the black dots are defintely going to be new cities.
Old 01-09-2006, 18:07   #15
RegentMan

Nice dotmap!
Old 17-09-2006, 21:29   #16
greekguy

Here is the update for Turn 132:

I've built my new city a number of turns ago, and named it Currency (as in my lack of atm). I'm still building markets, harbors, and temples, but once this phase is done, I'll do a mass production of settlers and try to settle as far south as I can, as Calis is continuing to expand outside of his subcontinent. I'm 10 turns away from building the Colossus, and F7 says that know one else is working on it, so I should finish it soon without any complications. Here's a picture of my new city Currency:

As you can see from the pic, I'll have wines hooked up in the near future, after I connect them with roads and build a temple in Currency. I'm hoping Calis will be willing to trade some spare Iron to me for Wines.

Lastly, here's a collage of the minimap and the scoreboard for whoever is interesting in how those are looking:

Old 06-11-2006, 17:29   #17
greekguy

Here's the update for Turn 146:

Well, there have been some big developments since i last updated this thread. Calis' intentions of dominating our continent has been made clear, with his completion of The Pyramids and more importantly, The Knights Templar. However, I finally did complete the Colossus, and I will finish research on The Republic in 6 turns. I have a small, steady stream of income coming in and things are going decently. I'm currently engaged in diplomacy with bathsheba. He doesn't have much of an army, but is more technologically advanced, so we're trying to trade with each other to stay at par with Calis. He lacks horses, so I'm hoping I can get a tech for the resource. Lastly, I've built 2 new cities on my southern border, with a 3rd city to be founded next turn. Here's a shot of my southern border, with the new cities in view:

If you guys have any questions or comments, please feel free to post, as any help is welcome.
Old 06-11-2006, 19:10   #18
Whomp
King

Your UU can be menacing. Any thoughts given to doing a mass upgrade from warriors to legions?
Your spacing seems a bit wide for my tastes especially in this type of game. I've learned that being able to move a foot soldiers move is very useful (3 spaces) and worker tasks are easier to manage.
Old 06-11-2006, 21:29   #19
greekguy

i would have a ton of Legionaries right now, however, i don't have any iron. in fact, the only iron deposits on my big continent are firmly under Calis' grasp, and i don't see him trading it away anytime soon.