Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Samildanachs ALTER OF BLOOD
Home

Old 28-08-2003, 15:18   #11
Samildanach

Thanks for your comments guys. I'm building walls for two reasons- the first one is that it is my first PBEM and I don't realy know what I'm doing the second reason is that cartouche Bee is playing 1.21f while I'm on 1.27f- the wall bug has been sorted for 1.27 but not 1.21 so if CB attacks my settlements when they become cities the walls will act as massive force multipliers so I am hoping that he will launch the first attack and his military will hopefully be broken upon my walls and then I can counter strike.
My policy towards CB at the moment is simply to shoe horn him into his peninsula while I slowly expand into the available area building barracks, walls and defensive troops primarily with the occasional horseman thrown in. Normally on an SP game I would have cut down the game forest and would have expanded much more rapidily but it would be too easy for the opposing player to do warrior-swordsman mass upgrade and burst my bubble in my view.
Samildanach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2003, 15:39   #12
Samildanach

As far as the Romans are concerned they have been best buddies with me for long time so much so that they have given me mapmaking to aid them in their war against the babs and then recently renewed it gifting me construction . Cartouche Bee seems to be labouring under the assumption that I am paying for alliances ( I did initially give techs to draw them into war ) but now they are paying me and the original outlay was offset by helping the civs I signed alliances with in dealing with their local difficulties. I'll post a screeny of the political situation later.
Old 29-08-2003, 03:53   #13
Samildanach

Ok here is a screeny of the current political situation- only when I reloaded to take the screen shot did I discover that the tables have been turned on me as best buddies the Mongols and the Romans have switched sides and declared war on me only the good old Brits are still honouring our alliance. The reason I missed it first time was because I was distracted by CnC duties for a top secret military opp. part of which will be described in the next post.

45.63KB
Old 29-08-2003, 04:13   #14
Samildanach

Top Secret - Operation Bee Sting
Strike Team Alpha - mission update

11.82KB

Mission-Burn Vitoria to the ground leave no one alive.
Target assessment- light defenses, two reg warriors at most.
Potential for target to be re-enforced prior to assault- none - is not yet connected to enemy road network bulk of enemy forces have been lured into English battle zone.
Old 29-08-2003, 15:37   #15
Samildanach

Turn 99b - Operation Bee Sting
Alpha Team reporting in....Vitoria....has fallen sir.

16.51KB
Biejing company...has moved on Jaen....end transmission.
Old 29-08-2003, 16:32   #16
Skyfish

Well done !
I hope you are building tons of Horses to upgrade to your devastating UU later : it's a must Sam !
I read above you had a defensive strategy and want to build the "occasional" horse
I would not advise it
Old 29-08-2003, 17:29   #17
Samildanach

Having seen what you just did to Erikk it is clear that the advantage is with the attacking force. By the time chivalry comes around my attacking force should be formidable but in order for it to be most effective I need to draw CB away from the choke point - one way to do that is to launch naval assaults into his underbelly the other is to encourage him to expand into English territory from the choke point by being apparently defensive ( I have been careful to trade my WM around so that CB can see my walls go up ). I still hope that operation bee sting will inflame him to make an ill-advised under-resourced attack on me so I can bleed him with my walled defenders.
Old 25-09-2003, 09:17   #18
digger760
King

no update on this game for a while, hows' things progressing?
digger760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2003, 10:55   #19
Samildanach

We haven't played a turn in the last couple of weeks due to my crapness - I have asked CB to resend me a turn as I have lost the original. We are up to around turn 120.
Old 29-09-2003, 14:45   #20
Samildanach

Unfortunately my game with CB has come to an untimely end - it was hard for both of us. Especially for me having to listen to CB begging me to spare his.... erm .. well I use the term Empire but one is stretching a point. Oh how he cried, wailed and gibbered.....I ask you Gentlemen! what was I to do even the hardest of hearts would melt before such a scene of human desolation.So finally I relented and we agreed to end this contest with both parties honour intact
Anyway don't let one sliver of humanity on my part lead you to beleive that Samildanach will be as merciful again. Where are the saves Jack and Anarres? I feel cheated that my armies did not burn, rape and pillage across CBs lands you will both pay the price