Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Site Stuff > Off Topic
Home

Old 28-08-2004, 23:58   #1
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.
Default CDZ get together NEW DATE: 6 and 7 November

Date is set! Weekend of 23 and 24 october.

Since a number of people are eager as hell to play a LAN game again (the one at Stapels was very good) the core party will start early Saturday afternoon at about 1:00 PM. And boardgames of course. For all you Colonist fans, I have the standard edition plus Zeevaarders expansion pack plus some other games. Roboralley is great of course and the other games you mentioned as well.

When we are all saturated with all those nice things warned about in government adds KR and me challenge all of you for a couple of rounds of "blufpoker" played with 3 dices and 2 cups. For real fans we could play the variant "blufstrippoker" at night in the garden.

Quite a number of people told me they planned to come already on Friday and make it a long weekend. You're very welcome, just don't expect more than a couple of drinks and some fellow travellers from remote areas like Cambridge, Paris and Groningen.

I really plan for a free format party, just making sure a couple of things are in place and let it go as we like. Couple of things need to be arranged however like computers for the LAN. Who can bring a laptop / desktop suitable for Civ with an Ethernetcard? And prob. as important an 8-port switch!

I'll post a pic soon with travel directions, looking forward to meet you soon!

Who would be interested in a CDZ get together in october at my place in Breda? Most if not all of us have very good memories of the previous one at Stapels' and I'm really looking forward seeing all of you in person again.

House is big enough to do a LAN game, boardgames and casual talks simultaneously and for the Roboralley fanatics there are 2 balconies to crash your vehicles (or yourselves ) for sure.

Didn't set a date yet, just post your fav. weekend(s). Pick-up services for international travellers can be arranged, hopefully with support of the locals.

Sidenote:
There also have been rumours about a get together in the UK and I certainly don't want to interfer with that. Just haven't seen the announcements for it yet.

Let's and have a good time.
Old 29-08-2004, 02:00   #2
Socrates
Emperor

Mmmh, getting official ? Well, as told to a few of us, I'm considering inviting you all in France for a weekend (in the country yard, not far from Paris). This is just a thought at the moment, because I don't know what I'm gonna do these next months, and because I don't own the house myself (family house). But then : why not ? Don't wanna interfere with anything else too...
Old 29-08-2004, 13:09   #3
Matrix
Administrator

I will certainly come. Unless something very important comes up.

UK might be a bit too expensive. France would be ok if I can get a ride with someone.
Old 29-08-2004, 15:56   #4
Shabbaman
Administrator

Of course I'll be there, but october is unfortunately almost filled with different appointments. It's also possible that we'll be moving then, so, I don't know. But the enthousiasm is there!
Old 29-08-2004, 16:49   #5
smalltalk

Interested, provided I can borrough a decent car or afford a train ticket. no special date prefered.

(The weekend when summertime ends would give +1 hour.)
Old 30-08-2004, 03:15   #6
anarres
anarchist butcher

I'll definitely come!

Beam, there is no plan atm to have one in the UK (my garden is a building site!), but I promise to have one before too long.
Old 31-08-2004, 00:19   #7
Beam
c00l b33r

Location: Beat 'm up Scotty!. Lives in the Lands that are Nether.

Shabba, didn't set a weekend yet, just inquiring if ppl are interested. We hate polls, yet one might facilitate in picking the right date!

krys, would really love to come together somewhere on the French countryside and driving to Paris usually takes me about 3 hours so that's no issue, isn't the most practical in case of a weekend to do it at a location that is central for most people?

Matrix, would like to meet again, just leave da nukes in Haren
Old 31-08-2004, 15:36   #8
Stapel
Emperor

Beam,

Simply pick a date and I will show up. There is always a chance I can't come (i'll be in France the first weekend of october, and probably in Stuttgart the 2nd weekend), but you are right about skipping polls and stuff.
pick a date, set the agenda and decide for yourself what to do. It seems to be the only workable solution. Once you have set a date, I think you can count on help from various others.

Stapel doesn't like cricket
Stapel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2004, 16:25   #9
Matrix
Administrator

I agree.
Old 04-09-2004, 18:12   #10
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

I'll come this time, if I in any way can make it.

smalltalk: depending on where you live I am always willing to drive a detour to pick you up!