Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Samildanachs ALTER OF BLOOD
Home

Old 23-08-2003, 16:54   #1
Samildanach

Default Cartouche Bee vs Samildanach *** SPOILER***

Here is the my start position

6.72KB

While I didn't get anything from this hut I was later to pop a settler from a goody hut.
The first civ I met were the Mongols who screwed me for pottery and 7g in return for my knowledge of masonry. Once I had researched alphabet ( at 90%) they then screwed me again for Ceremonial Burial as I had to sweeten deal with 5g along with my knowledge of the alphabet. I then met the Romans and discovered that word must have gotten around the AI civs that I am a complete mug as they proceded to screw me on a deal for bronze working in which I had to put up two techs and only got BW and 20g in return.
I think I may have a shot at establishing myself as the regional superpower quite early in this game thanks to the goody hut settler and also it appears that the AIs are going at it already. The mongols at one point had three settlements - they are now back down to 2- me thinks the pesky romans have been up to their old tricks. Or have they run into CB? Well which ever - the mongols are not going to be seeing the Middle Ages.
Samildanach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2003, 17:07   #2
ERIKK

Hey samildanach, none of your pics show up for me? Is it me or does nobody see them?

18.45KB
ERIKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2003, 17:14   #3
Samildanach

Oh bugger! I can see them but that probably doesn't count as I can see lots of stuff that muggles can't. I guess I haven't uploaded them.
Old 23-08-2003, 17:21   #4
ERIKK

Oh, a red cross does not mean "I settled here" then?
ERIKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2003, 21:42   #5
Samildanach

Here are some screenies from turn 59b-

15.26KB

As you can see I have a slight advantage in score over CB at the moment - probably due to the afterglow of the popped settler - CB has been steadily trimming this back over the last twenty turns though.

I have developed a major problem as far as military unit production is concerned as illustrated by the following screeny-

11.6KB

This is from the capital, so now I can't cut my iron supply and can't trade it as I am not connected to any other civs. I could abandon the capital but I am using a flex-RCP build which would be seriously screwed if I did that. Ho-hum I'm just going to have to live with it I suppose.
As far as other military opps are concerned I have been using a waterdowned version of Moonsingers barb harvesting trick which has been very successful- all my offensive strike troops are now elite.

Here is the power graph-

19.65KB

However this needs to be taken with a pinch of salt as this screeny illustrates-

3.07KB

CBs power is been skewed heavily downwards by his choice not be involved in tech trading. I expect he has alot of warriors though just waiting to be upgraded - I reason this as he has been pulling the score back a point at a time which may equate to him building a military unit a turn more than me ie. the happiness MP effect of his military production is boosting his score.
I approached the romans offering a military alliance against CB offering techs-they refused outright. I expect he has trade with them I signed an RoP with the Romans just to let CB know that I know somethings going on and also that he needs to commit troops to protect his trade route and also that he may need to brace himself for a potential major offensive through Roman territory . CB has been neglecting his manufacturing base( I currently lead ) clearly in order to build a strategic road network and also to boost commerce.
Old 25-08-2003, 09:47   #6
Samildanach

Well my ideas about what CB has been up to have been well off the mark - for one thing he is no where near the Romans. Heres the minimap from turn 77b -

6.02KB

CB is in the same boat as me as far as having his capital founded on Iron so perhaps no huge mass upgrade of warriors to concern me although as far as I know he still does not have IW. We are currently at war - this happened after I used a warrior to teleport through English territory near his town of toledo.

9.59KB

This is from turn 65b he has 2 warriors and a settler adjacent to Toledo -given that I'm on forest he was quite fortunate to take my warrior out. We have been at war ever since he brutally murdered this innocent chinese site seer

Back to 77b and this is a screeny from the border war zone between CB and the English (my valient but expensive allies) the ruins are of a spanish city CB claims to have abandoned. Abandoned or razed it doesn't matter so long as CBs expansion phase is being made less of a cake walk. I think that it is prudent that he withdraws to the chokepoint where he can concentrate his forces however.

7.69KB

CB has taken over me in scoring at this stage-

13.19KB

However I lead in important stuff-

3.45KB
Old 28-08-2003, 03:25   #7
Samildanach

Since Puwen said I needed to post more screen shots heres another- this is from turn 90b-showing the inner ring of my RCP build. It is built at distance 4/4.5 the outer ring( not shown )is at distance 7/7.5.

51.91KB
Old 28-08-2003, 09:06   #8
digger760
King

looks nice!(the RPC) good report so far.
digger760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2003, 10:10   #9
Kemal

Looks good indeed, but one question though: Why do so many of your cities have walls built around them already? Have you been attacked by the Romans yourself too, or have you been heavily suffering from the barbarians?
Old 28-08-2003, 10:14   #10
digger760
King

thats the great wall of china!!!
digger760 is offline   Reply With Quote