Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Archived fora > Kings of Chaos
Home

Old 04-08-2005, 01:43   #1
DrAlimentado

Default All new singing dancing KoCUtility

Here is the new KoCUtility. It incorporates GoldHunter and AutoBuyer and adds spy-logging.

The app has undergone some serious changes - it is now a main browser window with just a toolbar and some info - the different utilities will launch automatically when you go to the appropriate page. You can also launch the utilities from the toolbar or menubar. There is also a quickspy dialog now which allows you to enter the captcha text and spy/probe/attack with a single button press (dam useful).

To launch new browser windows use the new browser button on the toolbar to open a new instance of the current window or use the KoCMenu in the Main Menu to launch a specific KoC page in a new window.

Spylogging is all automatic, whenever you look at a persons stats the browser captures their statsID (the unique id no in the url for that player) along with the info you can see. If you then spy on that person then it will log the spy info. Whenever a browser window detects a playerID it will lookup any previous info in the spylog and display a summary of the latest known stats for that person.

The coloured lights (ie. circles) that appear next to a players name are red if you cannot beat their DA, green if you can and blue if it dosent know (you have no info on their DA). The darker the color the older the information, after about 2 weeks or so it stays at the same dark shade.

For the moment there is no way to share logs. In all likelihood I will not sort out the central db until age5 now (or a few more weeks at least). The saved logs are pretty big atm - that is because they are in xml which is tad bulky as a file. However it will make implementing the centralised db in the next (major) version a doddle.

I'm sure there's lots more that needs to be explained so ask and I shall answer

You will need IE6 and .NET 1.1 runtimes.

Easiest way is to use Windows Update - which much as I hate online installers is actually a pretty good way to keep your computer safe from windoze/IE hacks and holes too.

Alternatively you can get .NET 1.1 from here but you should track down the service pack(s) for it too. (windows update should do all this for you in theory)

################################################## ########

THIS IS THE AGE 5 VERSION (see below for details): KoCUtility v1.20

THIS IS THE LATEST FULL VERSION (see below for details): KoCUtility v1.29

-----------------------
[edit: 04/08/2005]
minor update: KoCUtility v0.92beta (~1.6mb - installs to ~10mb)
- option to turn autolaunching on and off
- quickspy now gets the focus instead of targetstats when they launch together.
-----------------------
[edit: 05/08/2005]
minor fix: KoCUtility v0.93beta (~1.6mb - installs to ~10mb)
- fixed a bug that meant if autolaunch was turned off it would eventually fuck up loading the captcha test in the armory!

-----------------------
[edit: 11/08/2005]
update: KoCUtility v0.96beta (~2mb - installs to ~10mb)
- training screen autobuyer added
- buy options are now remembered
- user info screen added
- changed the way the captcha image is displayed and synched to the page
- changed the way the different screens open and close
- some more options etc.

-----------------------
[edit: 17/08/2005]
update: KoCUtility v0.98beta (~2mb - installs to ~12mb)
- advanced buyer mode : user can set target amounts for 'set and forget' operation
- hunter has seperate search and display parameters now. This means that you can find and store a very large set of results and just display a subset in the target-list. added some more options to search and display parameters such as 'use my army size' etc.
- added load/save target-list functionality. default save folder is KoCUtility/targets/
- seperated user.settings from utility.settings so that new versions will use previous userinfo settings.

here is a sample saved targetlist, it has everyone from #1,000 to ~#57,000: targetlist_56k
put it in KoCUtility/targets/ (create it if it dosen't already exist) and load from the goldhunter results tab

Installing 0.98beta over previous versions of KoCUtility should work just fine, it removes the previous version automatically (but not spylogs or settings - although in this instance your settings will be incompatible so it will just ignore them and use the defaults). Uncheck install spylogs on install to keep your current spylogs.
But backup your spylogs anyway, just in case.

-------------------
[edit: 20/08/2005]
update: KoCUtility v0.99beta (~2mb - installs to ~12mb)
- lots of little interface niggles fixed, it now focuses and refreshes in all the right places. means you can immediately type in the captcha text when a page loads etc.
- tweaked the way targetlists work a little internally which makes them properly detect whether they should update a record or not. this will break the file structure so old target-lists wont load in the new version.
- have maybe finally made number formatting work in dutch culture versions of windows... I can't test it so if the dutchies can let me know if I got it or not that woudl be good

----------------
[edit: 10/09/2005]
update: KoCUtility v1.00
- added allies finder and display in options (targets in allies list will be marked as allies in goldhunter display)
- in GoldHunter added max gold and size parameters in search and display tabs.
- moved SA options (for what value is used for SA when hunting targets) to display params tab. ('use BPM's'= use current num of BPM's even if unmanned to calculate SA.)
- added a user agreement at installation.
- added a largely incomplete helpfile.

Happy Hunting!
DrAlimentado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 19:03   #2
romeothemonk
King

Hey Doc. I tried this out. It is really handy.
I have a couple of comments though.
1) Can you disable Autobuyer from launching every time the armory is opened? That gets old fast.
2) Admuncher isn't munching adds in it, and I get a lot of script errors. Annoying but acceptable.
3) When you click on a target from goldhunter, the minispreadsheet for the individual gets highlighted, not the attack page entry data. If that were selected, attacking would be much quicker.
All in all a really handy tool. Mad props to the cookie monster.
Old 04-08-2005, 19:32   #3
DrAlimentado

1) Yes, I will make it so you can configure what and when gets opened automatically to some extent. Certainly you will be able to turn off the automatic opening though

2) I had the same problem with Admuncher, to make it work goto Admuncher Configuration->Options->MyFilters select KoCUtility and press the 'Filter' button.

One sec... here's a pic;

42.24 KB

After that it should work fine. Another tip for Admuncher... they are quite aggressive about uninstalling it after 30 days and a couple of nags. I tried using a serial off some crack site - Admuncher really does compare your reg with an online db and then give you a snotty message + uninstall for using a cracked serial. Strangly enough (considering the proactive stance they take) uninstalling completely, redownloading and reinstalling seems to restart the trial just fine. (I do have ad-watch preventing misc. registry changes so that may have helped here)

3) I see what you mean, that is a very simple thing to change (in fact I just changed it now) and its a good suggestion - thanks!

I'll release a minor version at the w/e with the changes, hopefully I'll get a training screen buyer working by then too
Old 04-08-2005, 19:33   #4
Mistfit
King

I sucessfully dl'ed it and it seems to work fine.

I suppose it will take some getting used to.

Unfortunately right now I do not have the time to spend on it.

Sat or sunday I will do a big Hunt with it.

Old 05-08-2005, 01:40   #5
DrAlimentado

minor update: KoCUtility v0.92beta (~1.6mb - installs to ~10mb)
- option to turn autolaunching on and off
- quickspy now gets the focus instead of targetstats when they launch together.

Installing 0.92beta over 0.9beta should work just fine, it removes the previous version automatically (but not spylogs or settings - although in this instance your settings will be incompatible so it will just ignore them and use the defaults). Uncheck install spylogs on install to keep your current spylogs.
Old 05-08-2005, 20:16   #6
DrAlimentado

minor fix: KoCUtility v0.93beta (~1.6mb - installs to ~10mb)
- fixed a bug that meant if autolaunch was turned off it would eventually fuck up loading the captcha test in the armory!

Installing 0.93beta over 0.9beta/0.92beta should work just fine, it removes the previous version automatically (but not spylogs or settings - although in this instance your settings will be incompatible so it will just ignore them and use the defaults). Uncheck install spylogs on install to keep your current spylogs.
Old 05-08-2005, 20:22   #7
DrAlimentado

hmm, actually you might want to backup your spylogs and then restore them. It might delete them somehow when it installs... grrr.
Old 06-08-2005, 17:24   #8
Mistfit
King

Looks good I used it this morning to good effect and really like the new additions.

It will take some getting used to but this will be a huge help

No bugs to report
Old 06-08-2005, 17:42   #9
DrAlimentado

It's pretty much intended to be used every time you access KoC. Autologin is handy - and the info display is getting more useful (I just added a bunch of other stats to the top bar this morning).

The autobuyer screen also works very well for just doing a normal buy operation quickly (assuming you only buy certain weapons of course), and the auto-detection of a target means you get interesting info and/or logging on whoever you happen to look at.

And you just haven't found the bugs yet
Old 06-08-2005, 18:22   #10
Mistfit
King

Would it be possible to add in other users to the auto log in.

Right now I'm watering Whomps orc's for him while he's away. It'd be nice if I could get the program to remember his info as well