Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > grahamiam's forum
Home

Old 06-05-2006, 12:32   #81
WackenOpenAir

I'm at war with China.

Goz has bought them against me. Since Goz is at war with Japan and India, i assume he could no longer fullfill his payments or something.

Anyway, i already razed Tsingtao (look at screenshot from before) and will soon take some more.

I was just thinking about ROP's to reach Gozpel, but those plans have to be delayed now.

Research on Theology is on hold for the moment. I might want to obtain feudalism with a loan in the future while now saving money to upgrade knights. Not yet sure about this though.

Oh, and Goz has obtained Monotheism and Engineering just the turn before all this wars started.
WackenOpenAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 03:57   #82
WackenOpenAir

The war with China is going properly. I have lost 2 horses now and destroyed 2 towns.

Unfortunately, Gozpels' is being very lucky. I have made an ROP with Japan and sent an old scout towards gozpel where i met an elite horsemen that already created a leader for Goz.
Thats a free 200 shield local wonder for Goz or an invincible unit.

He also obtained all the first MA techs.

I am also a little unhappy about the space i got here. I am destroying China alright, but corruption is pretty high there so i can't really make the area usefull for more than taking my 4th and 5th luxury.
My core cities have used all good tiles now at size6 and will need to start using mountain tiles soon.

I feel a little lost in this game. I don't have a good plan. I was ahead of Gozpel, but he is comming back and there is simply nothing i can do about it as he is on the other side of the world and the most powerfull AI is my neighbour. I would like to run towards gozpel and bash his head, but by the time i am there he will have twice the army and meanwhile China would invade me.

Oh well...

199.75*KB
Old 17-05-2006, 00:11   #83
WackenOpenAir

Tunr 97, China strikes back !

136.68*KB

Meanwhile, on i am ready to take the 3th chinese town:

74.24*KB

Losing 2 horses and having many wounded, i destroy the largest of the 2 chinese MDI stacks as well as the single MDI next to it. Now i hope to have enough healed horses to handle the second stack and whatever comes after that.

Btw, i imeadiately sold my surplus luxury i conquered from China to India for 9gpt.

My research is turned of now (single scientist) because my financial situation is not enough to support a proper research, and i may try to get Chivalry by other means when it is around so that i can use gold for upgrading.

I am still despotism. My empire is getting ready for Republic, certainly if i lose some more units in my war against china and i can grab that 5th luxury after razing the 3th Chinese town.
A revolt is of course a long term investment so i am not really sure yet if i should make it. The improved golden age will pay for about 5 turns of anarchy, but it is a repay over a 20 turn period, so "interest" should be reduced. I estimate an 8 turn anarchy to be worthy if the game is gonna last another 40 turns or so. After those 40 turns however, the value will grow rapidly.

However, China is a serous threat to me, so before i dedicate myself to a period of anarchy, i want to have peace again with China. I also am not planning to stay at war for another 8 turns, so an earlier revolt also doesn't provide me the opportunity to activate my GA on China. However, i still have the 2 javelin throwers on route to gozpel, they are to arive in about 10 turns from now.

I will decide about this as soon as my war against China is over.
Basically it will be a decision for how long my game should last. Am i going for gozpel with full force as soon as i can obtain Chivalry, or am i maybe gonna be building libraries? I'll have to decide soon.

I am military strong to gozpel.
8 in territory.
6 on population
5 on uncorrupted shield productivity
8 on bruto commerce total
1 on family size
Millitary weak compared to every AI.

I have
8 warriors
2 javelin throwers
1 spearman
17 horsemen
Old 17-05-2006, 14:37   #84
grahamiam
Emperor

great spoiler so far Wacken! Game looks intense
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2006, 06:48   #85
WackenOpenAir

I'm afraid of those Chinese riders and Indian elephants
Makes me think i have to try and end this game soon ..
Could you not have made France my neighbour ?
Old 18-05-2006, 11:18   #86
Rik Meleet

WoA: on CDZ is not a smiley. Use [ ] to get
Old 18-05-2006, 21:42   #87
Whomp
King

I think you said you can only sign one MA versus Goz but would it make sense to wait until the Chinese have riders and sign a MA through a peace treaty agreement against Japan? That way you gas both civs during their GA and you don't give Goz the chance for a MGL by sending the riders after him. In the meantime you can build up your empire.
Old 18-05-2006, 22:47   #88
WackenOpenAir

We can have one simultanious alliance. At the moment, i allied India to prevent China from buying India against me.

I don't really think it is a good idea to ally goz' neighbours against other AI's. It will make it too easy for goz to conquer his neighbours.

I am hoping to find an opportunity where he is at war with one neighbour, i can buy a second one against him and then move my own forces across the world to attack him as well. Maybe i should seek to obtain a town on his side of the world so that i can send my horses there and upgrade them close to him.

With the strongest AI's being next to me, and no space to expand, i have the feeling that time is not on my side and i should not try to build up my empire.

(China being the strongest by far with also the strongest UU, India just has a strong UU but is a weak AI. Goz has france next to him who has a harmless UU, scandinavia has a relatively harmless UU on a land map. Only Japan i guess has a reasonable UU but they are the weakest civ on the map.)
So basically, just China sucks...

Unfortunately i am now forced to raze some chinese towns because of their cultural threat (they have TOA). they probably are never gonna like me again. It would be very nice if i can establish a relation with them that causes them not to attack me while i go for gozpel. I don't see that happening though, so i will probably prepare a settler in a boat when i am going for goz

Oh yeah, there is one very good thing though. Goz doesn't have Iron.
I don't understand why. I cant immagine Gman giving me iron but not goz. It would be nice though if he isn't gonna get any iron for knights
Old 20-05-2006, 04:10   #89
WackenOpenAir

Only 2 turns have passed, but a lot has happened.

I destroyed the 3th Chinese town as expected on turn 98.
I destroyed only a few more Chinese units before i signed peace on turn 99. The war against China has provided me 2 luxuries, and a little ground.

The AI has researched Theology. Good thing i was not researching myself (except for the 1 scientist. I decided to swich governments. My anarchy just started and will take 7 turns.

I will await my anarchy period before i am gonna choose what direction to go. Will i continue building nothing but units, or am i gonna build some harbors and libraries to use those coastal tiles?

France and Japan have signed an alliance against China.
India and Scandinavia have signed an alliance against Japan.
Japan is at war with 3 AI's and with Gozpel, Japan will probably be decimated, so hopefully it won't be too easy for Goz to take the land.

135.44*KB

41.19*KB

EDIT: Just now looking at the picture, i realise i could or maybe should have waited 2 turns before the revolution to finish the statue.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:42   #90
WackenOpenAir

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Tubby Rower

could you switch the SoZ to another build? What other wonders are left? Why not switch it to the FP and lower corruption?
Yes, after reading this again, i changed my mind:
http://www.civfanatics.com/civ3/stra...uption_c3c.php

The rank corruption benefit is gonna be bigger than the distance part, so i decided to change the build and finish the FP in 2 turns.

I do feel pretty bad about building it in such a bad place , but it's better than waiting another 20 turns.