Home

Old 20-06-2019, 02:41   #21
Matrix
Administrator

My homeland...

Old 23-06-2019, 23:46   #22
Matrix
Administrator

It's a bit of a hassle switching between resolutions and window/full screen to get forum suitable screenshots, but I just have to show you this juicy capital. Perhaps I should get Civil Service and switch to Bureaucracy soon.

Killer asked me if we should continue to socralynnek, and I said yes. But I'm not too sure if he's on my side, because he hasn't made a move yet. I'm such a more obvious target. So I'm working hard on my military now. Otherwise I get squashed like Burgundy.
Old 24-06-2019, 16:11   #23
Matrix
Administrator

Alright, Killer was just waiting for his catapults to return to full strength. He'll attack soon and I'll join him ten turns later, because of the peace deal I made with socralynnek.
Old 29-07-2019, 22:12   #24
Matrix
Administrator

Killer and I have been eating socralynnek. He was hoping to continue SimCitying a little longer, but alas, such is the game. He's now on holiday and left his empire to the AI.

Welcome back, socralynnek! I hope you had a good time, wherever you went, and weren't all like ...

Anyway, I just got engineering, which was quite a leap, but I really want it, because I have stone and want to have the Nostre Dame, and faster roads, and trebuchets, and castles, and, and...Landsknechte!

The only problem is, I'm running out of enemies. Killer and I have joined forces and eliminated two players together. We agreed to have the conquered cities mixed around, because I don't want to give up Beca. But now there is the Québécois danger. He is so ridiculously far ahead in development, that I'm not even sure if the rest of the world would even have a chance of defeating him, if we'd join forces. We need to contact the others. Beorn has probably met all of them already. From Sami I learnt that he even has astronomy already, while I don't even have compass yet.

Anyway, here are the essential screenshots. I built some Rathäuser already. Now I'm building castles, as you can see, with +225% production (25% from forge, 100% from stone, 100% from protective trait).

My capital

I'll make an attempt at the hanging gardens, but to be honest I'm surprised nobody's built it yet.

Tech order after monotheism: monarchy, feudalism, civil service. Hopefully I'll have a great leader I can use for a golden age and get monarchy, bureaucracy, selfdom and organised religion without anarchy. Oh, I can check that, and should! Because I have the mausoleum of Maussollos. But I also want a great prophet to have the church of nativity. There is only one religion on this continent, and I have its holy city, but only just now did I start building up points for a great prophet (in Beca).

Anyway, Beorn already made landfall. He was unlucky to forget city razing is off, so he ended up a bit awkwardly with three little high-maintenance cities.

My plan, apart from developing as quickly as possible to keep up with Beorn while maintaining the peace with Lt. 'Killer' M. , is to meet all other players: Jeke, Sami, and ProPain/KingReno, and suggest that we complete boycot Quebec. No exchange of resources and no open borders. That would be quite a trick.
Old 29-07-2019, 23:33   #25
Matrix
Administrator

The last 100 turns:

Need I say more?
Old 06-08-2019, 15:53   #26
Matrix
Administrator

I got Notre Dame! And in two more turns I'll have Hanging Gardens.
That would mean +1 population in all eleven cities, with plenty of health and happiness.

In eight turns from now Strastad will produce Straland's first great leader. Doesn't matter which type, because I'm going to use it for a golden age. Note that I have Mausoleum of Maussollos, so it will last for twelve turns instead of the usual eight. And around the same time civil service will be invented, so Strastad is going to be even more awesome with bureaucracy.

Meanwhile Killer sees no chance of winning and is aiming for second place behind me. Unless he's planning a backstab at the end of the game. But for now we've got a very solid alliance and I'm about to make a big jump in development. It's looking good!
Old 08-08-2019, 15:32   #27
Matrix
Administrator

Hanging gardens completed. And at the same time a gold resource popped up on one of my mines.
And seven more turns until I develop civil service and get a great leader... Same turn...

Last edited by Matrix; 08-08-2019 at 23:31.
Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2019, 11:31   #28
Matrix
Administrator

Killer is building galleys and triremes to semi-invade Beorn and pillage the hell out of him, in order to deter his development. I will try and conquer the four cities he has in the northeast. If we don't, there might be no way to overtake him.

In the meantime I was one turn too late to claim a religion from theology. But that's ok. In seven turns I will have the apostolic palace ready anyway and the university of Sankore will be done a few turns later. I'll also try and get the spiral minaret, so that all churches and monasteries will give me two production, two science and two gold.
Old 23-08-2019, 14:53   #29
Matrix
Administrator

The apostolic palace and university of Sankore are almost completed, exactly when my golden age ends, so that should compensate a bit. Because I expect no one will build them before me - someone got theology one turn before me, but I have a golden age, bureaucracy, and a shitload of production in Strastad - I already started building monasteries and temples. If I didn't have the mausolleum of Mausollos, the golden age would've ended this turn, by the way.

Unfortunately the apostolic palace will make Strastad produce another great leader before Beca gives a great prophet, so the church of nativity will have to wait even longer. But I will be able to explore the oceans very soon.

Last edited by Matrix; 23-08-2019 at 14:56.
Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2019, 13:13   #30
Matrix
Administrator

Well well, look who we have here. It's Sami! I suggested an exchange of world maps. Coincidentally someone I meet IRL about once or twice a week.

I'm supposed to attack Beorn, but he's got four longbowmen, three musketmen, one crossbowman, one maceman, one pikeman, one knight, two catapults, and two cannons waiting for me. Probably he saw my stack of units.

By the way, Jeke told me yesterday that he suspects Beorn of planning an attack against him.