Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > Civilization > General Discussion > Civ III
Home

Old 31-05-2005, 13:30   #21
Kemal

Hmm, after some further reading, if the following statement made on the cfc forum is true, it seems no threads are missing...

Quote:
quote:
The turnplayer even created an internal caste system where the turnplayer surrounded himself with a court of 2-3 loyalists and ignored/berated the rest. We were not allowed to post warplans in the forums, polling these were outright rejected or filibustered with slogans from the GOTM community on how "Oh so invincible and oh so brilliant they were" (The Russian hacker from the Bond Movie "Golden Eye" springs to mind).
Really a shame as I was very much interested in the way CFC was going to tackle C3B, after all that is what they were claiming all the time right from the start when they met us. So far, reading the forum as an outsider, there was never a coherent plan at all though.
Old 31-05-2005, 13:38   #22
Melifluous
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Matrix

Whoever Provolution is, I still think it's unfair to call CFC the justified loser, just because of one person.
We didn't say you were the justified losers.

Just that K was an wholy unpleasant person who seemed (from the posts at CFC) to be lying to you guys about what he had actually agreed with us. It would appear from the posts we can see that "Full disclosure" of MSN chats was not something that you did?

Pr0nvolution just seems to appear in threads and say "CDZ have agreed to this and that" and everyone else just cheered.

Odd.

We love you though Matrix, and akots and GA and any others that want to join CDZ. Hell I'm all for inviting Provolution here, I have no personal grudges in this game

Melifluous
It's divine to own a dick.
From the tiniest little tadger
To the world's biggest prick!
So three cheers for your willy or John Thomas.
Hooray for your one-eyed trousers snake.
Melifluous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2005, 13:43   #23
Matrix
Administrator

Kemal, where is that quote coming from?!
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Lt. Killer M

well, k's an arrogant asshole whine, we knew that.

But that is not the only reason I think CFC unfit for the finals. Rather, they elected and trusted him - dumb! THAT is a reason to eliminate them.
True. I kinda fell asleep at a certain point. Provolution was rabbling so much I thought "Oh well, he must be having great ideas and plans." I couldn't stay interested in the game for so long.

Concerning C3B: we indeed had great plans; "the eternal alliance". Later on it became more and more obvious that they were planning to deceive us. It actually already started with gaining much more from all the negotiations than us, just because we didn't want to insult them, and keep being friendly with them. Later on we discovered their plans to attack us. I can't remember them. Poor excuse, I know - I've searched the subforum and can't find it back. Of course so much has been said, I can't reread it all.

Even now I'm thinking why I didn't bother to search for the evidence to show it to you, because back then it was still fresh in my memory. It could've made such a huge difference. But then again, none of the CFC-folks did. Stupid silly laziness.
Old 31-05-2005, 13:45   #24
Matrix
Administrator

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Melifluous

I have no personal grudges in this game
Old 31-05-2005, 13:47   #25
Pastorius
Custard used tile

I m with the spam fairy
Old 31-05-2005, 13:54   #26
Kemal

Quote:

Kemal, where is that quote coming from?!
Ehm, from your forum of course :
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=115402

It is a part of post no6.
Old 31-05-2005, 14:06   #27
Lt. Killer M
Emperor

Quote:

True. I kinda fell asleep at a certain point. Provolution was rabbling so much I thought "Oh well, he must be having great ideas and plans." I couldn't stay interested in the game for so long.
well, you fell asleep - others cheered him on. And that makes them unfit - you MUST keep control of the TEAM wiht the TEAM

personally, I look forward to have you on the team, matrix
Old 31-05-2005, 14:09   #28
Pastorius
Custard used tile

It is a tad ironic, that the turnplayer, implicitly accused of bringing GOTM strategies into multiplayer gaming, has proven that he also can play a decent PBEM or two. When I say GOTM strategies, I think the quote meant to imply that GOTM tactics and such is best for single player games against an AI and hopeless against a human.

Given that I have yet to see the accusators PBEM history, if any I will direct your attention to the following fine play.

http://civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2281
http://civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2051
http://civ3duelzone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2045

If I was the one to present such a passage as what Kemal quoted, I would have made sure to go to CDZ to check out his PBEM forum to see what kind of multiplayer experience he had first.

Now, I must say he (akots) has a weird preference for no-AI games, but I guess we all have our quirks []

Edit: added some lines of text
Old 31-05-2005, 14:24   #29
Matrix
Administrator

@Kemal, since Provolution posted it I'm less concerned.

Of course, inevitably, turn players have some people in higher regards than other people. You gotta choose which advise to follow, and in such cases it's usually the same person you follow.
Old 31-05-2005, 17:02   #30
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Kemal
I must say I'm sort of disappointed with the read.. are you sure this is the complete forum Matrix?

It seems like lots of info missing, I can't find any analyzing (except c3b military intel) or diplomatic logs except the formal intersite chats.. ...
After the Joker case and probably before when it was rather clear that C3B has some extra info, all discussions were moved to chats. Especially recruitment of rcoutme was very helpful since I was able to discuss with him the layout of the game extensively.