Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Whomp's forum
Home

Old 12-11-2006, 20:57   #51
mauer
King

Yes I know Simon. Thanks for the reminder.
mauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 21:30   #52
BCLG100
Deity

:lol: only joking cody, your probs better than quite a few folk in that game now, look at what you did with what 4/5 cities? managed to build an army a hell of a lot bigger than robs

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2006, 02:28   #53
Robboo
King

Thats because after i got perm peace with Robi, Whomp,and Mauer I stopped building units. Since teh mEL watr I built exactly zero units...check the demographics screen. I also signed a defensive pact with just about everyone. Dave signed a defensive pact and we had a deal for no attacking so i figured once you started building spaceship parts you would not attack me.

I shut down unit building and tried to get space elevator and attempt to have a shot.
Robboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2006, 04:03   #54
BCLG100
Deity

yeah but even before perm peace with mauer he still had a larger army. I'm not trying to say you wern't better than him in other ways like

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
Old 13-11-2006, 04:55   #55
mauer
King

I think Robb's already proven he's better than me in PBEM. Maybe the problem with me was that I built units that I never used, to protect land that no one wanted, instead of other things. I also know that my city management was crap. I'd like to believe that my large for a small civ army deterred any from attacking the two I said I'd help defend as well though. That is, seeing as I have been a non factor since the end of the Dave/GRS war.
mauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2006, 05:19   #56
Robboo
King

Mauer..you being isolated by BC and Whomp from most others made it almost impossible to dream of attacking you. I will say however that Tubby did throw out teh idea of an amphibous attack on you..but the discussion didnt go anywheres.

One thing that keeps bugging me is I think we really needed to take out RM. Its hindsight of course but when Dave said he funded half of his maintenance costs...you can see how dave was able to do what he did. I guess I should have devoted more troops to that task instead of gettign pounded by dave on land. May have been better to do an amphibous attack on RM instead of kicking off teh Dave war with a land attack. Hindsight..
Robboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2006, 05:26   #57
BCLG100
Deity

hindsight is a powerfull thing aint it, anyways good game chaps-until we meet again on the field of battle-mauer thats when i finally send you a save back

CDZ Cup Champion!!!