Civ Duel Zone  

Go Back   Civ Duel Zone > PBEM and Pitboss Games > Mistfit's forum
Home

Closed Thread

Old 21-03-2007, 16:05   #21
sz_matyas

The draft is is for 8:30 EDT also known as 5:30 PDT in case you store your servers in california. However, new players cannot join the last couple hours before the draft. It is likely one of these two things that is confusing you. If you check the draft countdown clock it should come to the right time.
Old 21-03-2007, 17:19   #22
Tubby Rower

Well I even went in and checked my timezone in my yahoo profile and everything is pointing to EDT, yet the countdown still points to 5:30pm

67.01KB
Old 21-03-2007, 18:09   #23
killercane
Prince

It goes into some kind of lockdown a couple hours before the draft if I recall previous Yahoo draft leagues. That is what the countdown is for. The actual draft begins @ 8:30.
Old 21-03-2007, 18:12   #24
sz_matyas

Yes and if you look it still says the draft is at 8:30 on the sheet even if the countdown is off
Old 21-03-2007, 19:22   #25
Tubby Rower

ok just checking.. I didn't want to show up at 8:30 and then people be leaving saying that was the best draft ever
Old 21-02-2008, 05:39   #26
sz_matyas

Pitchers and Catchers have reported to camp for all teams, so I figured I'd see if we wanted to form a league again (doubt I'll be as lucky this year). We still have over a month to decide, but thought I'd at least check interest.
Old 21-02-2008, 14:36   #27
Robboo
King

I am in....
Old 21-02-2008, 22:08   #28
mauer
King

sign me up
Old 21-02-2008, 22:12   #29
grahamiam
Emperor

I'm in
Old 22-02-2008, 03:33   #30
sz_matyas

Seems like there is enough interest to do a league again. Yahoo has been pretty good, so I think we'll use there setup.

Couple key questions before I actually get it set up:
1) Any changes in the settings desired? (Last year we had an extra MI spot and added walks and holds as categories just to shake things up a bit from the standard 5X5 and I enjoy the fact that it isn't mindless but that Yahoo still takes these categories into ranking players)
2) Draft day, I'm in favor of having it slightly before the season starts. I'm out of town the week before Easter, but back before the season starts. Figure that week is probably my first choice.

If you have any friends who want to play, feel free to invite them when we get it going. Having 12 teams is always more fun than 8.
Closed Thread